Die Hard 4

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bruce Willis just won't die — again.

The 51-year-old actor has signed on to a fourth Die Hard movie, 20th Century Fox said Wednesday, returning him to the wisecracking tough-guy character that made him an action star 18 years ago.

The film, titled Live Free or Die Hard, features his John McClane police officer attempting to stop a techno-terrorist from shutting down the nation's computer systems on the Fourth of July. The story takes place around Washington, D.C., and will be directed by Underworld: Evolution filmmaker Len Wiseman.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2006-08-02-die-hard_x.htm

I have a bad feeling about this.

"Our villain is high tech, but the way McClane deals with him is low-tech," Wiseman says. "A fistfight still solves a lot of problems." Wiseman says the fourth outing "will be a more epic movie. It's on a much grander scale. The threat is nationwide."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've been dreading this one for a while... I read not too long ago that the villain will be a hacker, played by Justin Timberlake... :schierke:

3 was bad enough, can't they just leave bad enough alone?!

edit: apparently it's not Justin TIMBERLAKE but Justin LONG... the ass clown starring in Accepted this summer. Even better.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
edit: apparently it's not Justin TIMBERLAKE but Justin LONG... the ass clown starring in Accepted this summer. Even better.

Oh good...wait...it's still a bad choice. :puck:

Oburi

All praise Grail
A techno-terrorist? sounds like a good name for a Dj or something. Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker.

The original will always be the only true Die Hard in my eyes. Nakatomi plaza was the only setting that worked. It's a shame that they're making another bad sequel, and Bruce Willis doesn't even look like John McClane in that trailer. He looks more like Butch Coolidge from Pulp Fiction. Those rediculous action scenes don't impress me either. Sadly, I'll probably still see it, just because I'm such a sucker fan of the original so I'll see what they do with the character, but I'm expecting nothing more then the usual trash hollywood spews out these days.

Wow, this topic never got a lot of play.

I saw it a few nights ago and I gotta say I thought it was the best of the series. An R rating could have elevated it to something great. The action was on the "over the top" side but it wasn't like, "yeah right, I'm leaving the theater" bad. John McClain's personality was great in this movie. But man was Bruce held back by that PG-13. You can say one F-word in a PG-13 movie, and yet they chose to muffle the "fucker" part of "yippie kai yay mother" with a gun shot.

Here's to hoping for an unrated DVD.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
This is another one I've heard nothing but good things about. I was incredibly wary when I heard it was gonna be PG-13, but a good friend of mine saw it recently and also said it kicked ass. I'm looking forward to seeing it, I just don't know when I'm going to do so. :void:

berserker88

The Raging Demon
If your a fan of the first 3 then you'll like this addition I honestly think its better than the Die Hard 2 but thats me, the only reason the movie didn't get the R rating is the lack of foul language which was in the other 3, I'm actually surprised it didn't get a R rating because some of the villians have some pretty violent deaths.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Frank Castle said:
I'm actually surprised it didn't get a R rating because some of the villians have some pretty violent deaths.

Apparently even the cast expected a R and was surprised at the rating the movie got. Personally it bothers me all that much, as long as the lack of cursing doesn't make situations awkward I'm fine with it. Otherwise there's always the possibility of an unrated DVD edition like you guys said.

dwarfkicker said:
You can say one F-word in a PG-13 movie, and yet they chose to muffle the "fucker" part of "yippie kai yay mother" with a gun shot.
But you can't say Motherfucker without getting an R.

I didn't even know they were making a 4th one until about 6 weeks ago. Rambo, Rocky, Indiana Jones, and probably a few others on their way soon.

Nostalgia sequels are certainly hip lately, but in this case I would much rather a Lethal Weapon 5.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Even though Die Hard is getting great reviews, I just can't get over the trailer. The action scenes look utterly riDONKulous. And while muffling McClaine's trademark line is a real low blow, I could get over it. But then there's Justin Long... Don't think I can get over that.

Sparnage said:
Nostalgia sequels are certainly hip lately, but in this case I would much rather a Lethal Weapon 5.
They'll probably do Lethal Weapon Redux starring Tyrese Gibson and Ashton Kutcher before they'll do a Lethal Weapon 5. :guts:

Dude, the trailers do this movie no justice. I wager my account that you will enjoy the movie.

I went in expecting it to be ridiculously over the top and yet I ended up enjoying the shit out of it.

Though the way Sparnage didn't like Transformers, which was just a really fun movie, tells me he won't like this regardless of how entertaining it really is.

When it comes to movies and this board, sometimes I gotta wonder if people just hate to feel superior. Shit, Griffith hates on just about every movie that gets a topic any more. I was surprised as anything to see him actually enjoy Batman Begins. And to this day it still boggles my mind.

I agree with Mr. Kicker of the Dwarf variety, I highly enjoyed this movie. Too many cool parts. Just fun. :guts:

- C

Top Bottom