Does anyone think that Caska's just going to be fine after Elfheim?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Re: Does anyone think that Casca's just going to be fine after Elfhelm?

Thanks for clearing that up, Aaz. But really, I was just using a bit of irony :schierke:

One of the primary traits of elves is that they can feel people's emotions and read their mind. This has been demonstrated by Puck countless times in the series.

Indeed it has. If I recall correctly Puck also claimed that elves had the power to make people happy, too. Of course, he might have just been referring to his silly antics lightening the mood.
Aside from that, I doubt curing Casca's condition will be as simple as snapping Guts out of the influence of the Berserk's Armor's Od was in volume 27 (which was only possible thanks to Flora's talisman to begin with).

Hence the detailed description of therapy at the beginning of my post.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Trashcan said:
Thanks for clearing that up, Aaz. But really, I was just using a bit of irony :schierke:

Yeah, misplaced irony you expressed without having any good reason to do so, in fact. But it's not important I guess.

Trashcan said:
Hence the detailed description of therapy at the beginning of my post.

That's not what I was talking about, and that still doesn't change the fact you basically amounted the two to the same thing.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.

I do hope Caska can regain her sanity, I have no doubt that the elves have the ability to cure her, and I also doubt Griffith and Co. will be able to destory Elfhelm for quite a while yet.

I just can't convince myself it's going to happen. Call cynical but I think Caska will leave Elfhelm in the same state she enters it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Femto the Raven said:
I just can't convince myself it's going to happen. Call cynical but I think Casca will leave Elfhelm in the same state she enters it.

Why can't you convince yourself it'll happen? It seems unlikely Casca will leave Elfhelm unchanged and remain so till the end of Berserk.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.

Because I'm cynical? :serpico:

Seriously though, I think something's going to go wrong. If it doesn't, I will be most pleasently suprised.

I'm torn on Caska's reaction toward Guts when she regains her sanity.

Part of me expects that she's going to remember the things that went on in her "dazed" state. And the memories of these events may cause a rift between her and Guts that will take time to build back up. I like this one because it will allow Miura more character development between the two.

If the dreamcast game is anything to go by, with Caska's momentary cure and her reaction to Guts it seems like their relationship could pick up where it left off. I'm kinda hoping for this one because Guts deserves a little bit of peace.

And then there's Skull Knight's words, "What you want may not be what she wants" (or something to that effect). I take that as perhaps Caska might not want to chase after revenge like Guts, and thus another kind of rift could grow between them. Guts having to choose between killing Griffith or staying by Caska's side could cause some nice inner turmoil for him. This inner turmoil could also cause something to happen between him and his inner beast. Perhaps the strain of how he will proceed could weaken his resolve so much that his inner darkness could grow stronger to the point where he could end up being the wandering berserker he once was but even moreso due to the beast having a stronger influence on him.

Maybe a mix between two of those ideas, or a mix of all of them, I don't know. There's just so much Miura can do with Caska and Guts once she is "undazed."

dwarfkicker said:
And then there's Skull Knight's words, "What you want may not be what she wants" (or something to that effect).  I take that as perhaps Casca might not want to chase after revenge like Guts, and thus another kind of rift could grow between them.
I'd interpreted that line differently - Casca's mind regressed to its current state because it couldn't cope with what she had gone through... so is she going to want to be forced to face up to it? I assumed SK meant that although Guts wants the old Casca back, she may be less than grateful.. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

bastard_swordsman said:
I'd interpreted that line differently - Casca's mind regressed to its current state because it couldn't cope with what she had gone through... so is she going to want to be forced to face up to it? I assumed SK meant that although Guts wants the old Casca back, she may be less than grateful..

Both interpretations have arguments going for them, and they're not incompatible anyway. This is just another one of Skull Knight's vague/mysterious/ambiguous statements.

Top Bottom