Episode 187 (alternate discussion)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ok. This is where we will discuss 187...and ONLY 187.

So far, it has been said in a recent Young Animal that this chapter will confirm Guts and Casca's travels. It seems as though as for right now, we are done with Griffiths story (from the viewers perspective). Which makes sense to me. So much was happening all at once in that plotline, I think we needed a breather.

One thing that will be interesting to see, will Miura start 187 after the game's plot? Or before...who knows.

Re: Chapter 187 (actual discussion)

i think it should show at least something of Zodd leaving Griff to explain when and why he attacked Guts... does that make any sense to any one?

also, when is this supposed to come out? the 14th?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

i think it should show at least something of Zodd leaving Griff to explain when and why he attacked Guts... does that make any sense to any one?
Well, Zodd attacked Guts to protect Griffith. What did you have in mind for Zodd's intentions?

also, when is this supposed to come out? the 14th?
Yep, thats when the next Young Animal comes out, but I wont get it until the 18th or 19th.

Well, Zodd attacked Guts to protect Griffith. What did you have in mind for Zodd's intentions?

i meant for when he attacked Guts in the game. i just wanted to find out why he chose to leave Griff at that time. like if it had something to do with where Guts was headed or something.

Yep, thats when the next Young Animal comes out, but I wont get it until the 18th or 19th.

ok, i'll try to finish the game summary by then. damn english term papers...

P

paradiselost

...I believe that the plot 'll not take care about the game happenings...

...game is something of parallel, and separated from the manga...

;)

CnC

Ad Oculos

I have mixed feelings about Miura re-doing the game's story in manga form. While I would absolutely love seeing more art, I would already know whats going to happen.

Ah hell, the desire to see the drawings out-weighs the predictable story... bring it on.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

I think it will start after the game... with a little 2 months later caption or soemthing ;D

The game story is so self contained that Miura don't even need to refer to it very much, those people that have played it will know what happened, the rest will not miss out on much that will affect the larger plot.

At least that's my bet... and my wish for Miura to get on with it...

P

paradiselost

...well, it'll seem to me really strange that a part of the plot, put in on a game, could be not recreated in the manga, maybe in a kinda of different way, of course, but not be escluded...

:(

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

Isn't the mandragora shown on the cover of some past volume, coming out of a beherit?
I truly hope miura won't torment us again with the little adventures of handycap casca and romeo gatsu the saviour, through an episode soooooo meaningless (I do love the manga, but I'm TOO impatient).
I am aware,however, a "breather" is neccessary as walter says. A good breather is a volume where gatsu kills without taking too much damage. Butchering is his business, and I hope he'll do some humans now...I mean, he hasn't slashed a man since the iron chain. And caska waking up wouldn't be bad. But in reality, I think we'll have to follow Griffis ascending the throne. It may take more than a volume, even tough they probably got toilet paper with his name in Midland by now...

P

paradiselost

...you could be right, White _Hawk...maybe to follow the ascending of Griffith to the throne is what is more logic..!

;)

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

although it'd be nice to see the mandragora again, i really don't think that miura will do a volume on that. although the storyline certainly could have more depth & neat pictures (especially the fight with zodd, oh please let there be another fight with zodd! especially since gatts actually fights him to a draw!), i think miura pretty much did all he wanted with the game. i really hope i'm wrong, though, as that'd be really cool.

P

paradiselost

...you have to be in wrong, dear Fletch...!

:-X

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

As far as I know, as of now, there is no evidence to support that hte mandragora will make an appearance in hte story again.

The elements of the game's story line did indeed take place in the story of the manga, but as far as I know, there is NO reason whatsoever to assume there will be any more tie-ins.

It can also be argued that there is no reason to believe that there will NOT be any tie-ins.

My advice, on this particular subject, just wait untill the issue comes out.

There are some things where we have evidence to base are speculations. This is not one of those things.

But that's just my opinion.

P

paradiselost

...I respect what you say, Wereallmad, but for me the Mandragora's part 'll have only 2 possibilities:

1) all the Mandragora 'll be repeated in the manga (few possibilities);

2) all the Mandragora 'll be put out from the manga, but in this case, sorry, there is no way that the Mandragora is in the manga, but we can read it...'cause there is nothing that can convince us to link definitly th manga and the game of Berserk...

:-)

Fishbomb

;) How about reffering to what has happened? It'd only take a few panels of Gatts remebering Casca's words when she was sane for a few moments....

But I guess we'll see shortly...

P

paradiselost

...I really guess...and...I hope to...!!!

;D

I really hope he doesn't put the Games story into the manga because it would be a waste to tell the story when everyone whos played the game knows whats going to happen.

P

paradiselost

...I totally agree, Mad...but I don't believe that Miura 'll be so stupid...

;D

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

well, not everybody who's a fan of berserk bought a dreamcast on ebay & sword of the berserk: guts' rage from fry's electronics store for 5 dollars last year just to learn more about the upcomming story arc... yes, i know, i'm sad, but damnit i did it & at least i have the game now, so there.

anyway, come to think of it, casca's speaking IS a pretty damned big deal, so unless miura puts in another instance of her speaking "before" the mandragora arc, it'd be hard to leave it out.

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro

Anyone could maybe answer me: when exactly starts the game of berserk? ( which chapter or almost )

I have no dreamcast (not enough money! I 'd rather keep it to buy berserk's books) so I never played to this game and see waht you are talking about makes me scared....

Does anyone give me a short resume of what happens in the game (or linking an URL with a synopsis of the game)...

Thx by advance

NB: In my next life, I want to born rich and japanese
Is it possible without damn my soul?

Anyone could maybe answer me: when exactly starts the game of berserk? ( which chapter or almost )

"Not yet". ;D
Or... It happened between Episode 186 and Episode 187... We'll probably know in a few days.

Fishbomb

Does anyone give me a short resume of what happens in the game (or linking an URL with a synopsis of the game)...

Wasn't Ranemaka about to write a summary of the game to go on this site?

Top Bottom