Episode 187 (alternate discussion)

P

paradiselost

Re: Chapter 187 (actual discussion)

...well, I can bet, the game is still not yet happened...

8)

Wasn't Ranemaka about to write a summary of the game to go on this site?

its being finished actually. recent problems with my computer and the term paper for english has taken up some of my free time, but i guess i could always finish it up instead of participating on this board for a little while.
it shouldnt be much longer though.

damn straight its kinda early!!! try telling that to my english teacher though... i seriously thinks she sniffs paint thinner in her spare time or something, seeing as how she's really not all there...
for example: we have a mongolian exchange student. he's the first mongolian she's ever met so she will stop clas and ask him off the wall questions such as "do they have ice in mongolia?". you can tell the boy does no like her at all, and she even made it clear that he was an immigrant(and an uncomfortable moment followed soon after in class)...
oh well. theres alot more examples i could give of her right now, but i wont. just pray that i pass this class(i need the credit to graduate)...

P

paradiselost

...well, Ranemaka, can I ask you...how is a Mongolian? I never seen one...(remember I'm from Rome, Italy...!!!)

???

Reminder: This topic is for *Chapter 187.* Use the instant messenger feature for questions such as this. It really has no place in this thread.

OK, so...

Guts is heading towards Elfhelm (I think that's how it's called?... strange... anyway, according to Puck, it's an utopia located on an island in the western ocean... so we'll _finally_ see the ocean in Berserk... I was waiting for that) and is protecting Casca by fighting specters on a daily basis.
But being with Casca also reminds him of his life among the Hawk Soldiers, and Puck is worried about him...

In one of Guts' dreams, a beast appears, surrounded by flames, and talks to him.
"Why aren't you chasing Griffith? Casca is nothing more than "remains", now, so how would she be more important than him? She matters to you only because she's a "wound" left to you by Griffith. You need her so that you can still feel that "pain"."
The beast bites Casca's neck.
"By doing so, you'll be more and more connected with Griffith... That's what you're wishing for."

Guts wakes up. An Incubus was responsible for that dream. "That's not true... That can't be true."

Please keep in mind that I haven't seen the episode yet... There may be some mistakes, and the "quotes" aren't quotes but paraphrases.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I haven't seen a Incubus for a while now.

I think one got Puck in volume 17, but that was about it.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

In one of Guts' dreams, a beast appears, surrounded by flames, and talk to him.
"Why aren't you chasing Griffith? Casca is nothing more than "remains", now, so how would she be more important than him? She matters to you only because she's a "wound" left to you by Griffith. You need her so that you can still feel that "pain"."
"By doing so, you'll be more and more connected with Griffith... That's what you're wishing for."

Yes! I love Miura! I should have known he wouldn't let Gatts/Griffith's relationship be just 'simple' hate...

*smiles widely* Gah, I love this manga!

Oh yeah, the title.

Dai 187 Wa  Millennium Falcon Hen  Seima Senki no Shô  Fuyu no Tabiji (1)

187th Episode  Millennium Falcon Part  Chapter of the Holy-Evil War Chronicle  Winter Journey (1)

I guess I'd find out when I saw the chapter, but is the 'beast' you speak of the same one from Volume 17 when Guts is alone in Godo's mine?
I know I'm not the only one who thinks we need a new chapter to keep 'real' discussions going :)

I guess I'd find out when I saw the chapter, but is the 'beast' you speak of the same one from Volume 17 when Guts is alone in Godo's mine?

I think it's the same one. But maybe a bit smaller? ^^

And there are several Incub... Incubi? ^_^;

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

VERY interesting chapter. Im glad Miura realizes that expanding the scope of the Berserk world is a good thing, and something that has needed to be done for several years now. The Griffith/Guts relationship has already been established to the readers as being something between love and hate, but perhaps Guts is only realizing it now.

I cannot wait. Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how international flights are handled after the tragedy on 9/11 .

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

Wait a sec Walter,
you actually fly to Japan to get a new number???
If so....WHOOOAA!
I'm impressed. I'm working for a year to get money to go to Japan, and I think it's gonna take one more year to do so...
:p
This place sucks!!
I'm sorry if I seem so ignorant of this bbs whereabouts, but I am a newby in a way, and in your faq such information isn't found, as it isn't Olivier's translation skills and all...
If anyone has the nerves, spare a moment to enlighten me,
someday... ;)

In one of Guts' dreams, a beast appears, surrounded by flames, and talks to him.

damn, never thought of that...
so Guts could be keeping caska around, not because of his love for her but his hate for Griff? thatd suck...

Wait a sec Walter,
you actually fly to Japan to get a new number???
If so....WHOOOAA!

that was a joke right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

damn, never thought of that...
so Guts could be keeping caska around, not because of his love for her but his hate for Griff? thatd suck...
But the incubus (and any demon really) would just bring out negative thoughts from abstract ideas. The demon would make Guts fears come to life. Maybe he doesnt really know how he feels about Casca right now, and the demons words are a possibility but not necessarily the truth.

well, i certainly hope that this dream/nightmare becomes a reality... though it does add more to Guts/Griff/Caska(what little there might be with her) relationship, im still not totally with that idea...

P

paradiselost

...well, actually Ranemaka it could be really fine to see in which way could change the relation between Caska/Gutts/Griffith...

...uhmm...........

???

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

(1)?

man...........
You don’t like the touchy feely emotional stuff? Don’t feel bad Wereallmad…

Miura’s Sea = Sea Monsters

Badass! ;D
I know I'm not the only one who thinks we need a new chapter to keep 'real' discussions going  :)
Too true, it’s amazing how word of this chapter makes one realize that our discussion for the past month has been total crap.
The Griffith/Guts relationship has already been established to the readers as being something between love and hate, but perhaps Guts is only realizing it now.
Yeah, if he doesn’t understand his feelings he’s at least becoming aware of the entire spectrum; still, an arduous and confusing journey (physical & emotional) awaits him, and I believe the same awaits Griffith.

I don’t think the dream reveals Caska to be less important to Guts in any way.  I do think it shows Guts how important Griffith really is to him, for that revelation to have any impact I think it has to be compared to his relationship with Caska, and for that to give it impact means Caska is very important.  I think there is truth to the demon’s statement, but not that Caska isn’t important to Guts or that he doesn’t really love her, just that she’s not the only one who’s important to him.

Ahh, forget all the theorizing and speculating, I just want to see this chapter, it sounds great!

-Griffith

P.S. Random Stupid Thought: I wonder if Guts will have a surreal showdown with the beast of Shadows at some point, literally wrestling with his demon(s).

P.P.S. Why does everything come out bold sometimes? :-/

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

yeah, i like the summary of the chapter, but i'm still waiting till we get a more extensive summary before i look too closely at it. still, neat inner demon set-up. & i totally agree with griffith on his analysis of the situation.

hmmm... wicked fisherman apostle? maybe hemmingway's Old Man wanted revenge on that damn fish soooo bad...

You don’t like the touchy feely emotional stuff? Don’t feel bad Wereallmad…

Yeah, especially since something _big_ is supposed to happen in the next episode.

Miura’s Sea = Sea Monsters
Badass! ;D

Exactly!  ;D
And we've never seen how Miura does water effects, have we?

P

paradiselost

...what kind of sea-monster do you believe, Oliver, that Miura'll create then?

???

Top Bottom