Episode 187

Re: Chapter 187 mk. III

I'll have to play through the game again but I definately don't remember him saying anything about Niko or Griffith.

It appears I'm somewhat late for the show. I wanted to try you out myself puny Guts, but I don't need Gods to become human to defeat you...

Eeeww! Bad translation! -__-;;

"Hitoashi osokatta yô da na... Kono te de tashikametemitai tokoro datta ga... Da ga, ningen o shite yabureru yô dewa, Taka mo hitsuyô to wa sumai."

Rough translation (sorry about the English ^^; ):
"It looks like I'm too late... I intended to test him with my bare hands... But if a mere human could defeat him, I guess the Falcon would have had no use for him anyway."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

That original translation makes NO SENSE AT ALL... Thanks for the actual one Olivier!

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

thank god, that game translation made no sense to me whatsoever... though me & my friend's speculations based on that scene are now worthless. but that's ok, because they were pretty bad anyway.

:eek:

Damned Eidos and whoever they got to translate the game

Zodd's going to the mandragoran village makes some sense, now..

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

Man that sucks! I know everything miura makes is connected, meaning that the game story is also important, but translating it badly like that...damn. It was hard to capisc zodd in the first place, and now this.
Anyway, about gattsu becoming superhuman...imagine what kind of apostle would he be. I bet he'd be like 20 times stronger than zod.

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz

I know someone had mentioned a long time ago on the BSOM boards that they were capturing the movies from berserk DC, and were going to add subs - I'm capturing all the original japanese ones for my site so maybe I could do that as a sort of side project.

*runs off to work on his berserk site again*

I know someone had mentioned a long time ago on the BSOM boards that they were capturing the movies from berserk DC, and were going to add subs - I'm capturing all the original japanese ones for my site so maybe I could do that as a sort of side project.

*runs off to work on his berserk site again*

DAMN WELL BETTER!!!

<*ahem*>i mean...great! i cant wait to see em!! ;D

icefall

One thing, do we have any transcripts of the original Japanese translation? All I have laying around is the .xls from the US DC Game's site and I don't think we want to see the movies in japanese with a horrible translation :eek:

M

Majin_Gatsu

This is pure speculation, but what if there's some other way of using the behelit without making a human sacrifice?  How did Niko in the DC game use the behelit anyway?  Did he sacrifice his dog or something?  And what about the behilit apostle?  He sacrificed his body.

Another thing that seems interesting to me is Skull Knight's collection of behelits.  He could somehow be using their power to add to his own apparent superhuman strength.

Hm...  :-/

M

Majin_Gatsu

Another thing ... behelits don't dissapear after they're used.  Skullknight got the behelit apostle's behelit ... could it be used to give Gatsu more power?  Or could that be the way Skullknight rose to his current status?  Maybe I should be in the speculation section...  ;)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

He's a really elegant junkie.. :D
but, it is questionable what can you sacrifice, sice it seems the beherit apostle sacrificed his body and the world around him. but the world around him wasn't really dear to him, was it? And niko did sacrifice his dog.
but i think that all apostles have the power to bestow superhuman strenght to their servants.

CnC

Ad Oculos

This is pure speculation, but what if there's some other way of using the behelit without making a human sacrifice? How did Niko in the DC game use the behelit anyway? Did he sacrifice his dog or something? And what about the behilit apostle? He sacrificed his body.

When it comes to sacrificing... it seems the more you sacrifice the more powerful you become. And if you don't have anything to sacrifice (like Niko or the Beherit apostle), and choose to sacrifice yourself, you become kind of a "plague". By that I mean you have the ability to "affect" others (like the mandragora virus or the beherit apostle's ability to change others' bodies)

of course this is pure speculation, and I just woke up... so...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

When it comes to sacrificing... it seems the more you sacrifice the more powerful you become.  And if you don't have anything to sacrifice (like Niko or the Beherit apostle), and choose to sacrifice yourself,   you become kind of a "plague".  By that I mean you have the ability to "affect" others (like the mandragora virus or the beherit apostle's ability to change others' bodies)

of course this is pure speculation, and I just woke up... so...

I'm pretty sure Niko would have sacrificed his dog, wouldn't he?

I don't see any other reason for Miura putting it in, except to tie up the loose ends that would be associated with having no apparent sacrifice.

Also, I don't think that plauge statement is very accurate. In Niko's case maybe, but the Beherit apostle merely made Quasi-apostles. Same as Roshinu (I'm going to use Lucine from now on).

IMO, Niko was the only apostle to create a real plauge. And the beherit apostle didn't sacrifice himself, I thought, he sacrificed himself AND the world.

Maybe I'm wrong.

icefall

Sorry Olivier I wrote than when I was all but asleep - what I meant was, is there a direct translation of the Japanese dialogue in english laying around somewhere as opposed to the altered Eidos American version.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

when the Beast of shadow was talking to Guts i think Guts was half asleep and half awake at the time, why i think that you ask well Guts was in the same spot he fell asleep in when he opened his eyes up he saw the beast dog walking around talking to him but every thing was the same making it look like Guts was awake then when he woke up little eye spiders were walking around every where. well when i was half asleep i had a freakey ass dream where the hall way light was on i blinked and every thing was the same except the light was off. so what does this all me 1 i'm either an idot that needs sleep, or i said it wrong.
-Dave

Top Bottom