Episode 188

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well it is just amazing how Miura evades the previsions we fans make. I would never have guessed something like a possession might happen to gattsu. It's so discouraging, but also intriguing.
I think, connecting to fishbomb's comment about gattsu possible apostle form, that he would be something really close to that beast. After all, the beast took gattsu's shape when it first appeared. Like a darkside. But isn't gatsu already dark enough?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
But isn't gatsu already dark enough?

In a way... but he is also light, he loves, he cares, he worries about people. No matter how much he has tried to shut it out, to smash it down.

He has started facing his fears again... and a lot of his guilt as well I guess. He might have conquered the beast back at Godo's place, but things have changed since then, and things like that never rests or stays buried. More than likely this beast is (or feeeds on) Gatts darker sides, his guilt over the hawks death, his guilt over Casca's rape, his guilt for leaving Griffith and being the indirect cause of his capture and torture.

Yeah, I think that whatever might have happened between them Griffith is still one of Gatts biggest emotional issues, and not just in a hate way. Just look at Gatts reaction after finding Griffith in his cell, one of the more touching reunions in the book. Gatts might hate Griffith the demon (femto) but can he hate Griffith the man? And speaking of which... is Griffith demon or man? Are Miura going to suprise us yet another time?

I think yes... I have stopped trying to second guess him by now. No use, I'm mostly wrong anyway *grins*.

Damn I love this comic....

CnC

Ad Oculos
I would never have guessed something like a possession might happen to gattsu. It's so discouraging, but also intriguing.

but he _has_ been possessed...

and it is the ultimate irony that the person who seems to be devine (Griffith), is in fact a devil leading the blind white sheep. While the one who looks the most like a demon (Gattsu) is actually one of the more noble characters.

...I just kinda like that...

It's actually common in literature to flip black and white for meanings..."Heart of Darkness" (which I think is a terrible book) is a good example of this.

CnC

Ad Oculos
It's actually common in literature to flip black and white for meanings..."Heart of Darkness" (which I think is a terrible book) is a good example of this.

never read it... but I see your point

Fishbomb

But it made a wonderful film (and here I'm talking about Apocalypse now...)

I find it rather amusing that so many 'classics' really are not that good at all. Oh well, I'm probably picky I guess... or I've read too much...

White_Hawk

My theory is that Gattsu , inn the end, will be revealed as the Hawk of Light, as the whole prophecy deal is a fraud by Idea to fool the people. Griffis, instead, will be the hawk of darkness (in femto form). Boh, who knows...

Fishbomb

Or what if Griffith really IS the hawk of light. And Gatts really is the hawk of darkness....

wouldn't that throw us for a spin? Would not put it past Miura

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My theory is that Gattsu , inn the end, will be revealed as the Hawk of Light, as the whole prophecy deal is a fraud by Idea to fool the people. Griffis, instead, will be the hawk of darkness (in femto form). Boh, who knows...
So far, Griff is doing a damned good job of saving the people from oppression...I think the real shit will go down after hes attained his kingdom. Oh, and Femto is dead, did you forget? ;)

White_Hawk

So far, Griff is doing a damned good job of saving the people from oppression...I think the real shit will go down after hes attained his kingdom. Oh, and Femto is dead, did you forget?  ;)

I didn't forget, I kinda don't believe it... (yup, I'm a tough nut to crack)...
Anyway, there's really no need to go into that loong discussion we had so many times before. I almost agree with your theory Walter, it's just that there's something that keeps telling me there's a part missing... :p
Nevertheless, chapter 189 should bring forth new revelations...

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I think Gatts will be possessed again by the beast becoming a monster, he could have like this some chance against Griffith, that in spite of having the same appearance always, he is still a demon. But for that it will be that he will need to eliminate your lover Caska? Won't Caska be a sacrifice that the beast indirectly forces Gatts to accomplish, so that the beast possesses him completely? Your attack against her worsened a lot the situation, tends that you tie her, for she doesn't get lost, in the state in that her one find I found normal your reaction, although it doesn't agree, because I twist that she recovers! ???

Nadiaska

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Does believe that nor did I notice? But....it was the most appropriate place. Besides..... served for resuscitating this topic!!! :p

Nadiaska!

Top Bottom