Episode 189

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I just moved over to Japan two weeks ago, so this is my first time getting the new Berserk chapter and I have to say I feel wierd buying this magazine late at night at a meinistop, I swear they think I'm a pervert or something :(

The chapter starts off with Guts still in kinda of daze from the events of last chapter and when he looks back, Casca is gone. Then you see Casca walking up to three hick-like people (the same breed as 90% of the people living in the berserk world :p) and I figured this was going to be another filler chapter where Casca gets lost and Guts has to come and rescue here and kill the evil people...

Boy was I wrong...a lot of really important stuff happens here.

Guts is running, looking for Casca while Casca is basically about to get raped by the three guys (there's tonns & tons of Casca full body nudity in this chapter, it kinda bugged me a little), suddenly Casca flashing backed to when she was about to get raped by the creatures during the eclipse. Cut to Guts about to arrive on scene to kick some ass and what do we see:

Casca stand naked covered in blood and the three guys dead on the ground. The look in her eyes is NOT the same as before, she sees Guts and tries to attack him with the sword, he's able to push her on the ground and she keeps squiggling (is that a word?) so...Guts kisses her :D

end of chapter...
(side note: what a good month for romanticists, first we get the first major character kiss in 9 years in X this month, and then we get this. I'm happy :p )

pretty damn interesting, I wonder if Casca has gotten back some of here memories or maybe all and will recover (but if the game really is still in the future, it means she'll still be messed up until after that event) Is this the first time since after the eclipse that Guts has kissed her? I can't recall.

so lets start the discussion

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Re: Chapter 189 thoughts (spoiler for chapter)

Wowowowowow! :eek:

Thank you for your recap! MUCH apprechiated. hell, you even beat Olivier to it this once, and that is saying something!

Just let me add:

AAARRGGGHHH!!!!

I want scans!!! I want this chapter!!

Miura... always suprising me. *sobs* I want it soooo badly!

And.... *blinks* No... not because of the full body nudity Casca... or the kiss... *looks innocent* REALLY! Why won't anybody believe me!

Ah, Casca with a sword again.-.. how I miss that.

No, I'm not coherent, just genki!

Wow!!! :eek:Caska is showing signs of her old self first it was in volume 19 when she was jumping down the mountain and now she fights with a sword. :eek:

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz

:eek:

Damn I hope this is my first issue of YA because I need to see that chapter!  :-[

its starting to make sense as to how Caska became normal again in the game so easily. i have a feeling we'll be seeing her "normality" return to her completely in the coming months(this was pretty obvious before, right?)!

M

Majin_Gatsu

its starting to make sense as to how Caska became normal again in the game so easily. i have a feeling we'll be seeing her "normality" return to her completely in the coming months(this was pretty obvious before, right?)!

I agree.  Caska has been forced to deal with physical situations a little more seriously.  This is interesting, though.  I wonder if now that she's capable of fighting again if evil spirits will begin to attack her...

...Although, do the spirits still gather around her like they used to? Or am I just thinking to back when she was bearing the child?

When I looked at this chapter in the bookstore it really creeped me out because the first the thing that I thought was going to happen was that Gatts is going to try to rape Caska (The kiss was pretty feral). There has been a build up of this kind of event in the last few chapters and the past few years as Gatts has grown more impatient. As far as Caska goes I think she`s just getting more aggressive and not so much more sane. I just hope Gatts will back off in the next chapter and if he doesn`t I will forever hate Kentaro Miura.

When I looked at this chapter in the bookstore it really creeped me out because the first the thing that I thought was going to happen was that Gatts is going to try to rape Caska (The kiss was pretty feral). There has been a build up of this kind of event in the last few chapters and the past few years as Gatts has grown more impatient. As far as Caska goes I think she`s just getting more aggressive and not so much more sane. I just hope Gatts will back off in the next chapter and if he doesn`t I will forever hate Kentaro Miura.

And Puck isn't here either, so... ^^;;

icefall

This does prove to be most interesting... Can't wait for 190 now o_O;;

No Puck to keep Guts in check :(

Jeez... Okay no more Naked Casca in front of Guts, it turns him into a scary monster. ;)

Two more painfully slow weeks...

icefall

Well you can't totally blame the man... constantly fighting demons and what not. I mean he's truly in love with her, and she is a hottie  ::)

Uhm...that was why I put a wink there. I'm on Guts side on this one, I mean, it's about damn time.

Fishbomb

If Gatts 'rapes' Casca.... I wonder if that will change the image of Griffith for him in the long run.

They seem more similar than he might like to admit. The right circumstances, and 'snap'...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

If Gatts 'rapes' Casca.... I wonder if that will change the image of Griffith for him in the long run.

They seem more similar than he might like to admit. The right circumstances, and 'snap'...

Naaah, they're both rape victims...
I think Gattsu is really a nice guy with women.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

the dreamcast game happens sometime in the current story arc, but it is not said exactly when, so the events i :-/n n°189 could be after the game. Hower it is not the first time that Caska use her battle trained reflex. Remember whe she fell from the cliff?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Wow!!! :eek:Caska is showing signs of her old self first it was in volume 19 when she was jumping down the mountain and now she fights with a sword.
Yes.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

hmmm... either caska's getting some of her memory back, or she just had a "madragora moment." either way, cool. & whether gatts rapes caska or they do it as consenting adults, or gatts stops himself, i'll be very happy. oh, the character developement!!! thank you, miura!

My take on 188/189

We just got our copies in.  Wow, especially for 189.

188 - Nothing big here, there's constant flashback thoughts from 187 with the conversation between Guts and the Beast (e.g. - This is what you wish for) etc.  Guts lets his guard down for an instant and gets possessed, blah blah, I don't really need to summarize.  Casca's now scared of him, so he ties her hands together and drags her almost like she's wearing a leash.  She's pretty pissed about the whole deal...the chapter ends with them camping under a bridge, and Guts is thinking about stuff.

189 - "When was it...?  When was the last time I saw her smile?"  is the first line in this chapter.  She's still pissed, and somehow escapes while Guts is sleeping; he goes to look.  She finds some random jackasses of Berserk(tm) and starts eating their bacon(no joke).  They being typical Berserk jackasses(tm), feel the need to remove her clothing and get jiggy with it.  There's a particularly powerful picture here with Casca screaming in front of the black moon(well, I like it, damn it!), and Guts finds her, covered in blood, 3 asses thoroughly kicked.  She tries to attack Guts, but he manages to take her down.  Then you hear the sound of a heartbeat as Guts looks down at her, while she tries to claw his face off...
As he comes right down and kisses her.  It's almost a mirror image of the Femto kiss in Volume 13.  Casca struggles a bit, but Guts keeps her down, and that's the end of 189.  
188 = eh, but 189 brings yet ANOTHER parallel to the plethora we've seen of late.  190 will be here around the 31st or beginning of November.  DAHHH!

Fishbomb

Yeah... *grins* parallells

Am I nuts who thinks that the roles between Gatts and Griffith are going to be increasingly muddled now? No more Gatts the struggling 'hero' and Griff the smug 'villain'

I'm betting that when we see Griffith again, we will start to see a more human side of him, probably interacting with that girl who might be his prophet, working to free the opressed people of midland... Griffith turning human, Gatts turning 'demonic'...

Damn this is interesting!!! ;D ;D ;D

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."

I'm betting that when we see Griffith again, we will start to see a more human side of him ..... Griffith turning human, Gatts turning 'demonic'...

yeah, that sounds interesting. But still I don't think that Griffith can move on, without paying for what he did...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

:'( :'( :'( :'( that's so wonderful, I can almost see it, but

no chapters...
no scans...
:'( :'( :'(
if only I could, just for a second,

FIND PARADISEEEEEE AND DISINTEGRATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
(swings fists angrily, then hits the wall, which collapses)

Top Bottom