Episode 199

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
Oh my god...that art is amazing. Oh man, I just can't get over it. Page 12 looks like something an artist would spend days and days on. Its just too amazing. I don't mind the more fantastic themes at all if its going to look like this.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Looks like I have my work cut out for me in the coloring department

yea thats a pic i'd love to color if i wasn't so bogged down with all the work for my digital matte painting class.. argh :)

that reminds me, you had a picture you wanted colored... right, puella?

sorry... been so busy!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This was pretty rushed, mostly because I just wanted to see it in color RIGHT AWAY. The speed I did this in really shows through. I think im gonna give it a second try. I saved a few selections, so it wont take that long to recolor it.

[link=http://www.skullknight.net/manga/199/trees3.jpg]
Lothlorien Mansion 8)
[/link]

angelene

( out of the blue)            into the dar k.
wheeee! thanks for sharing, guys.  :-*

&I want a house like that one! (with cute cookie-like golems too! yum! and that sleeky beast as a guardian dog  ;D)

If you guys are ever in a bind again just ask and I'll get the goods to you asap ^___^ And yeah I couldn't resist doin' the cover... There's no way in hell that chick's 19 @_@;;
Yeah, for a T and A mag, that cover somehow manages to scare me. Those girls look weird beyond airbrushed.
Thanks for scanning the chapter though. :)

The golems kind of remind me of those clucking forest spirits in Princess Monoke. They're innocent looking yet creepy. Maybe they're the expert carpenters that built/grew the house. :D

M

Marcus

That was a great chapter!! Thanks Walter, and I love the coloring you did for page 12! ;D Anyone wondering how they are going to get out of this? I think Guts and Serpico will hold them off (with the help of Puck and Isidoro of corse :D) and then Schierke will arrive and stop the Golems. :p

The_Stick

"Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
Wow, awesome chapter. Thank you Walter!

Man, its been awhile since I've seen Guts bring out the Dragonslayer and get down to business. I was like "Yessss!" when he chopped off the ginger-bread golem's arms off. It was even surprising to see that the fight wasn't over yet by seeing the golem's arms regenerate. Damn, Guts is going to have an interesting fight with this creature. :eek:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
An update on the Page 11-12 business. Ranemaka13 informed me that page 12 is actually a 2 page image that starts on 11 ;D I guess Im pretty stupid for not realizing it before now. I just kinda rushed through the chapter so I could "publish" it.

Anyway, I was able to merge the two pages, but had to pull some Clone Stamping action in Photoshop: [link=http://www.skullknight.net/manga/199/trees4.jpg]Click here[/link]

angelene

( out of the blue)            into the dar k.
An update on the Page 11-12 business. Ranemaka13 informed me that page 12 is actually a 2 page image that starts on 11  ;D I guess Im pretty stupid for not realizing it before now. I just kinda rushed through the chapter so I could "publish" it.

Anyway, I was able to merge the two pages, but had to pull some Clone Stamping action in Photoshop: [link=http://www.skullknight.net/manga/199/trees4.jpg]Click here[/link]

great job I'd say. I had figured those were "siamese twins" pages. I would hope that the manga was published in its original right-to-left read-mode in my country -- I think it flows way better this way (also, quite a few things do make better sense, like caska's brand being on her left (heart) side and not just everybody being left handed heh ::)).

btw, which program do you use to colorize the manga?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I use photoshop. I just lasso a selection and use image/adjust/hue-saturation to make it whatever color I think looks correct. Its tedious but its quicker than other methods.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Badass chapter, did anybody else think it was cool the way Casca’s and Guts’ brands reacted, but without bleeding or causing pain (as far as I could tell)?

-Griffith

P.S. All hail the Ice Lord, thanks man.

M

Marcus

Guts didn't say anything but Casca did touch her brand.. I think. Great job with the merging Walter! Can't wait until that page is colored, and if you don't I'll do it for fun anyways ;)

puella

Berserk forever
thank you!!!!!!!
we have Icefall and Walter!!
you've just saved me from deep despair and made me stop pulling out my hair. ;D

M

Marcus

Guts didn't _say_ anything, but he _thought_. ^^
According to him, it was a "different feeling".

Ah, didn't notice that ^^;; Thanks for pointing it out Olivier :)

Top Bottom