Episode 203

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I wonder, if there are elves(m) and elves(f) and if there are witches, there must be sorcerers, unless witches are hermaphrodits, anyway i don't think so.
I don't know which witch is said to be 1000 years, like SK, no ? Couldn't he be a male equivalent to Flora ?
Kinda basic, i know ^^

I wonder, if there are elves(m) and elves(f)
According to Miura, Elves are genderless.
Of course, he may have changed his mind... ^^;
and if there are witches, there must be sorcerers, unless witches are hermaphrodits, anyway i don't think so.
You're assuming witches are not human beings, but a different species. We don't know that.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
actually, i said elves(m) and (f) because of puck and evarella

i haven't said witches aren't human
it's just females can't reproduces without males, so i thought of SK, but perhaps witches use a spell of longevity because they have ( or don't want to have) any male to copulate with them
suddenly, i don't know why, i think of the herbert's Bene Gesserit ! :-/

Yeah, but how would that be a problem during their journey to Elfhelm?

if he encounters enough spirits, and hes weakened somehow, perhaps he wouldnt be able to protect/fight as well?

i dunno, im probably retarded.

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Huuuummm.... what can say! What more Kentaro Miura can do to postpone the trip the house of Puck? To do Griffith to talk with god's hand??

Nadiaska :D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
At the old pace we will already bought the return ticket from Elf Island and we will have Welcomed King Griffith I
;D ;D ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
At the old pace we will already bought the return ticket from Elf Island  and we will have Welcomed King Griffith I
;D ;D ;D
What, the pace where the volume is already published and you can see 11 chapters in minutes? Elfhelm is merely a destination; the real story lay in the journey, just as Berserk has always been a story about journeys of one kind or another. There is no such thing as postponement; the plot is whatever is happening right now. The only postponement around here is that we haven’t gotten to see a new chapter in months, that's not Miura's fault.

-Griffith

Magical weapons would be like toothpicks to Griffith, it would seem to me.  I don't see how this really changes anything other than that the demons haunting Guts and Caska won't be as troublesome anymore.  LONG LIVE TEH GUTS 'SUPAR ELF' THEORY!

"Is that because fellow sufferers pity one another? I want to believe you still haven't lost your humanity, my old friend..."
Completing the quote:
"Is that because fellow sufferers pity one another? Or are you just using him? I want to believe you still haven't lost your humanity, my old friend..."
(I thought I'd do that when I saw your sig, Walter ^^)

Griffith

Completing the quote:
"Is that because fellow sufferers pity one another? Or are you just using him? I want to believe you still haven't lost your humanity, my old friend..."
(I thought I'd do that when I saw your sig, Walter ^^)
YES! Ties right in with my first official theory in my very first post! Teh evil Skull Knight!! Not so much interested in being helpful as he is playing Griffith to Guts’ Black Swordsman!! Wuhahahaha! :D

It’s also interesting having a character “above” Skull Knight in the narrative now; at least that’s where I see Flora after this. It will allow Skully to truly start developing beyond simply being the all-knowing badass.

-Griffith

Griffith

I liked this chapter from page 1, panel 1. The magic stuff was fine by me and I especially liked the whole Dragon Slayer scene. I also thought the whole bit with Skull Knight was done with a lot of class (not the window part, after that =). I wonder if Skully will have a new look the next time we see him? Anyway, down to business, anything interesting revealed that we didn’t know before (the Dragon Slayer, Flora & Skully)?

(Farnese's face, after Isidro tried his fire dagger! ^__^)
Ha! Didn't see that at first.

-Griffith

P.S. Thanks Puells. -_^

Anyway, down to business, anything interesting revealed that we didn’t know before (the Dragon Slayer, Flora & Skully)?
Puck and Evarella are actually "Piskies", and Sylphes are their ancestors.
Schierke compares the Interstice to a beach. They're in the "astral part" of the Interstice, i.e. their feet are in the water.
"Regular humans" can't get here unless they're invited by Flora. Guts and the others could because of the Brands: they already were in the Interstice.
The huge tree actually died two hundred years ago, in the "real world". It was so "important" when it was alive that it survived in the astral world. But sometimes, trees like that can actually become monsters (you've got to like how Miura just explained the whole "evil tree" business from volume 14! ^__^).
Schierke _does_ say that Guts and the others may have survived because of the properties of the Interstice (the more you stay in it, the more you can control matter by your spirit). Then again, she was making fun of Isidro, but hey...

puella

Berserk forever
what do you think Shierke sense on dragonslayer?
umm, maybe she notices some elfen aura in it?  :eek:

(Farnese's face, after Isidro tried his fire dagger! ^__^)
:D maybe she's still fascinated by the fire.
you should not miss Serpico in the same panel. He looks so scared at the fire, still....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
what do you think Shierke sense on dragonslayer?
umm, maybe she notices some elfen aura with it?  :eek:
I sense something more sinister... I just can't put my finger on it yet. Here's a lil hint though:

serpico weapon.jpg
isidro weapon.jpg

guts weapon.jpg

Something of a parallel going on here... what are we missing thats in this image?

angelene

( out of the blue)            into the dar k.
hmmm, this chapter looks so much better that I thought it would. I was not so particularly thrilled by the whole 'magic weapons' thing, not until olivier posted the 'detailed version' of the episode, &I think the visual version of it makes it definitely justice (iow, it might have not sounded much like a berserk episode but sure it does look as so! ;D). & skully's appearence, how tremenduously cool and fair-styled, subtilely hinted rather than just shoved in. yay.

huge thanks to puella (again). also, thanks to olivier for incessantly clearing things up! ;)

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Nice episode, thanks once again Puella (start getting used to that...lol)

... she pours Skull Knight a cup of tea...

haha! Yah, maybe he likes behelit with his cup of tea.

Hey, Here's a rough draft Miura sketched of the SkullKnight's new look stolen by New Line Cinema:

http://www.freehalloweenscreensavers.com/jasonx4.htm

Top Bottom