Episode 224

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re:Chapter 224

An area of the spirit realm that we see in volume 25. The place where the trolls, and all things creepy lurk and where Slann showed up.

puella

Berserk forever

kimchan said:
I'm not sure myself exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's some type of "dark" power. Schierke uses it to close Qliphoth after the troll fight/Slann's appearance.

Once I posted the translation of that page but not many people seemed to read it so I post that again.
I've read some posts saying Schierke called the darkness or shadow itself to seal the qliphoth.
But it is more appropriate that she called something from the darkness.
That's different, IMO.

Page 8 in chapter 221

Something from the darkness:

My name is the master of rotten roots!! Chief of rotten trees and mud!!
Following the covenant with this small thing, I'll make the trolls crawling over my body food of maggots.

Schierke:
Rot!!

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

xechnao said:

Have you read the most recent volumes? And paid attention? ^^;

Anyhow:

Chap 201; Vol. 24; Pg. 101

Schierke: Part of the Trinity.

Reality as we know it is made up of at least two other worlds which overlap our own.

One is the shadow world; commonly known as the spirit, or astral world.

The other is the root of our own existence, the world of ideas, or the soul.

(The rest is here: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=1237)

puella said:
Once I posted the translation of that page but not many people seemed to read it so I post that again.
I've read some posts saying Schierke called the darkness or shadow itself to seal the qliphoth.
But it is more appropriate that she called something from the darkness.
That's different, IMO.

Thanks for clarifying, Puella. ;D

kimchan said:
Have you read the most recent volumes? And paid attention? ^^;

Anyhow:

Chap 201; Vol. 24; Pg. 101

Schierke: Part of the Trinity.

Reality as we know it is made up of at least two other worlds which overlap our own.

One is the shadow world; commonly known as the spirit, or astral world.

The other is the root of our own existence, the world of ideas, or the soul.

(The rest is here: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=1237)Thanks for clarifying, Puella. ;D

Yes I did. "Spirit" was in my consideration but "astral" no. I guess you meant the same as "spirit"

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Skullknight.net; not just Berserk, but also broadening people’s horizons. ;)

-Griffith

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

xechnao said:
OMG!!! Just noticed!!!
From when does Skully has his left armour spike broken!!!???
yea, I didn't notice him do it either, but everyone else seems to remember it.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Smith said:
I wondered y he do that? ???
It seems logical (imo... : / ) Skully runs/flies thru the trolls to get to Guts to help him. Unfortunately, he is too far to save him from Slann in melee so he throws what he can find at hand. Plus it's damn cool 8)
Guil

Guil Malalanus said:
It seems logical (imo... : / ) Skully runs/flies thru the trolls to get to Guts to help him. Unfortunately, he is too far to save him from Slann in melee so he throws what he can find at hand. Plus it's damn cool 8)
Guil

I thought it was a stick/branch at first, i mean there should be a lot of stones around and maybe he could try throwing that like Isidro...

Not so important: Guil it seemed that now it is u that keeping changing IDs

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Maybe Skully wanted to show Slann Guts had indeed a great importance for throwing a spike he had conserved for a millenium ^^

Not so important too : Aahahah MaloQ and Malalanus are because of what happened to me last "night" ... those who want to know the horrible story pm me(but I cant even say i'll tell you)
Guil

Griffith

I think it’s likely that Skully threw it because it was the only thing he had at hand that could possibly hurt Slan; a piece of himself. I don’t know how effective the “sticks and stones” method is on God Hands. =)

-Griffith

P.S. You could infer from this that Skully’s entire being is “shadow” or “darkness” or whatever the hell it actually is. Not that it's hard to surmise that about a seven foot skeleton that's built like a linebacker. ;)

Majin_Tenshi

However, if skully was entirely darkness, then he would make the brand bleed, not tingle. I say hes light, not darkness.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

Majin Tenshi said:
However, if skully was entirely darkness, then he would make the brand bleed, not tingle. I say hes light, not darkness.

that'd only be if he were apostle-related

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:

So the Dragon Slayer causes the brand to bleed too, huh?

I was using darkness as a euphemism in relation to Skully and the DS. I wasn't talking about evil.

From Mizar's translation:

Skull Knight: "With that sword of yours, it's possible. It has been forged by the deaths of many hundred and thousands of malicious beings. Take that sword and.. PIERCE HER."

I was likening Skully to the DS, as they've both slain many monsters and both pierced Slan. This is what I meant with "darkness", pretty vague of me, but since Saiki originally described it as "Shadow" that's sort of stuck in my mind. "Light","Darkness", "Shadow", call it what you will, but we're talking about the same shit.

-Griffith

P.S. Can the translating powers that be here give their opinions on this, please? Like, a most correct single term for what Skully says about the Dragon Slayer (if possible). The whole bit about it being forged by the deaths of hundreds and thousands malicious beings is kind of a mouthful. :)

Majin_Tenshi

However, Skully has been described to have a "fairy scent"... Fairys don't seem terribly dark to me.

And the DS is an inanimate object, so nyea!

Griffith

images
images
Like I said before, it doesn't matter what you call it. Darkness, and everything you associate with that word, is not the point of the idea I was expressing.

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever

Could this be related to SK's Beherit Sword(yobimizu no tsrugi)?

Considering the way the Beherit Sword has been made in SK's body, I think the both swords have some similarity. and I bet I'm not the only one on this. 8)

Beherit Sword :Forged by beherits which SK has taken from apostles, which has some special power to seal or open another dimension and to be able to fight against Godhand.
Besides,it's still being made(accumulated?)

Dragon Slayer: Forged by the deaths of many hundred and thousands of malicious beings which have been still charged on that sword as Guts fights them.
I think SK means DS could give Guts some special power to be able to fight against demon creatures or even Godhand.

Anyway, if I call the thing which makes the two have some special power shadow, I think it's so plausible SK is associated with the shadow being.
And also the shadow is related to their huge grudge.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p

puella said:
Beherit Sword :Forged by beherits which SK has taken from apostles, which has some special power to seal or open dimension and to be able to fight against Godhand.
Besides,it's still being made(accumulated?)

Nice thinking, but if that's so why didn't he use the sword in that way during the eclipse? We know that the sword never hit Void, but had it been Behelit-infused, then maybe...?

puella

Berserk forever

Dark Wanderer said:
Nice thinking, but if that's so why didn't he use the sword in that way during the eclipse? We know that the sword never hit Void, but had it been Behelit-infused, then maybe...?

my assumption:

1) SK didn't get the Beherit Sword yet or didn't think the sword was fully prepared at the time of the eclipse.So simple. ;D
2) SK should use the sword when some specific time comes. Not any time.

Top Bottom