Episode 286

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
You mean like a splint?
Not quite sure. I mean, the fake arm's heavy enough to punch through stone. I'm beginning to wonder how bandages can keep it attached to his arm.

Eh, it's useless to guess around now. July 13 can't come to soon..

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Just a minor detail but what are the tiny things flying around Schierke and Farnese when they are floating with their astral form?

And i also call that Guts is just overlooking to Casca's safety while she is probably watching dolphins or something as it was earlier mentioned. she is after all near the front of the ship. I'm sure he doesn't want her to fall of the boat.

CnC said:
I wouldn't expect it to ever be explained. Its sort of a mindless detail.
True... not supposed to be the center of attention of the page anyway :p
jackson_hurley said:
Just a minor detail but what are the tiny things flying around Schierke and Farnese when they are floating with their astral form?
The wind elementals, no? :serpico:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
jackson_hurley said:
quite possible i have no clue how they look like haha sorry :guts:
Check out any episode where Serpico is using his wind cape... also they more then likely are the Wind Elementals. Since the ship is going by wind and Schierke and Farnese are in their astral form, im sure they can see any elementals that are flying around or just happen to be in the area.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Check out any episode where Serpico is using his wind cape... also they more then likely are the Wind Elementals. Since the ship is going by wind and Schierke and Farnese are in their astral form, im sure they can see any elementals that are flying around or just happen to be in the area.

thx! i guess i never got to see episodes with the wind elemental so far. or just didn't notice it since i just read the episode from 2 volume back or something (i still have read a lot about the series thought haha) just didn't have the chance to see all of them yet.
damn dark horse

Thanks for this episode, it's a real pleasure to see the band traveling... Azan training Isidro is a good thing and moreover we now have a mighty funny trio (with Puck). Anyway I can't believe that Farnese is learning so quickly (she's really BEAUTIFUL in this episode by the way), and considering what Guts has been through I find he's quite okay (we did not see him with crutches since the Golden Age, did we?)

I'll read it again and again today, Miura's work is really beautiful. :judo:

Thanks a lot Saiya for the scans of the episode 286 and many thanks for the reviews.

Besides all the evident questions (Azan's helmet, what are Guts and Casca seeing), I would know another thing, Why is Guts' left arm bandaged?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
avi said:
I would know another thing, Why is Guts' left arm bandaged?
Are you fucking kidding me? We wait 2 months for a new episode, it gets released and THAT's the mindless shit you focus on? Who gives a fuck?

RealHarlekin

Me hungry!
Thanks Saiya for quenching our thirst! Seems ages for me now since I have seen Guts. I just thought about, what would be without SK.net and the selfless scan-providers and dedicated translators (at least for gaikokujin like me). :isidro:

Better stop thinking about it, because in this case it really would take ages until seeing another volume... :judo:

avi said:
Why is Guts's left arm bandaged?

A good question indeed, as the severed arm must be healed until now, otherwise there would be no more Guts. But considering the armor giving Guts full control over the missing hand-part, it might be possible that it connects to his limbs/tendons. I know, that might sound a little far fetched, as he still is able to use his arm-cannon (but how, without pulling the line? By will/armor connection to the line?). But perhaps it is just a matter of style without any deeper meaning, as he always has his arm bandaged when wearing no enhancements.

Anyhow, I recognised, that the ship on the end of episode 277 doesn't seem to match to the ship they are on now (not that I am fussy).

Walter said:
Are you fucking kidding me? We wait 2 months for a new episode, it gets released and THAT's the mindless shit you focus on? Who gives a fuck?

i give a fuck, why would a metal arm need bandaging? because i severly doubt miura did it by accident

moving on, i think saying that guts has a HOLE in his abdomen is probably a little but too much hyperbole; i think its just shading on his shirt, because the hole was made higher up than that.
final point - caska is just amazed by the ocean in her retarded state, and guts is watching over her whilst both farnese and schierke watch(i think these two noticing guts longing for her is the part that was intended to be focused on). i dont think anything big is waiting in the wings, another ship (pirates?) maybe, but nothing like a sea monster or apostle

CnC

Ad Oculos
One of the central characters in the series just took a huge step into the astral world, but stop the presses as it looks like someone wrapped Guts' other arm!
Wild speculation time!

If Guts' other arm (which is always wrapped up, artificial arm or no) held any significance whatsoever, it sure doesn't apply to this episode.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
thesyndrome said:
i give a fuck, why would a metal arm need bandaging? because i severly doubt miura did it by accident

moving on, i think saying that guts has a HOLE in his abdomen is probably a little but too much hyperbole; i think its just shading on his shirt, because the hole was made higher up than that.
final point - Casca is just amazed by the ocean in her retarded state, and guts is watching over her whilst both farnese and schierke watch(i think these two noticing guts longing for her is the part that was intended to be focused on). i dont think anything big is waiting in the wings, another ship (pirates?) maybe, but nothing like a sea monster or apostle

I wouldnt call it a retarded state as you put Caska's condition, expecially about what happend to her to get her in that condition. but at the same time I do think there seeing something thats out in the water, for good or bad.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sirvanis said:
Damn cant wait for the English Translation ><!
Instead of whining, you or anyone else with minor Japanese knowledge could pitch in and help Puella out a little:

http://skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7998.msg135607#new

SaiyajinNoOuji

Here is another observation... We had learned that Shrieke cannot be violently moved while she is in her astral form correct? Well with her and Farnese situated the way they are, I think Shrieke is in a very bad position compared to Farnese who is secured in the bed.

If things do hit the fan maybe Farnese will have to get them both out, I don't know, just looking over the episode and trying to notice little details.

It didn't seem to me that the casca image at the end was hinting at anything in particular other than the fact that Guts was watching her. It looks to me like she's just excited by the ocean and making her usual random grunts and moans.

SaiyajinNoOuji

mike.william said:
It didn't seem to me that the casca image at the end was hinting at anything in particular other than the fact that Guts was watching her. It looks to me like she's just excited by the ocean and making her usual random grunts and moans.
I think if it was as simple as that they would have showed it as a double spread with a glorious view of the ocean that they are viewing. Like others have said, there has to be something other then just that. I still vote for APOSTLE DOLPHINS!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I think if it was as simple as that they would have showed it as a double spread with a glorious view of the ocean that they are viewing. Like others have said, there has to be something other then just that. I still vote for APOSTLE DOLPHINS!

I'm betting it's a massive ship on the horizon.

I'm also personally waiting for the apostle pirates to show up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
avi said:
Thanks for the answer.
"You want answers?"
"I want the truth..."
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Salt air can ruin metal by corrosion. The bandage protects the metal arm from the harsh environment. Can we stop talking about this bullshit now?

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Thanks for the Scans Saiya.
Farnese's first foray into the Astral World is awe inspiring. I'll have to dig up some information on Astral Projection: The "Umbilical Cord" of Astral Energy connecting the Psychical Body to the Astral Body has been reported in real life accounts of Astral Projection. I'm consistently impressed by the parallels that Miura draws. Finally, I have to note that the Two-Page spread of Schierke and Farnese floating over the Ocean while Surrounded by the Elemental Slyphs looks downright psychedelic. I'm not trying to make a bad joke either, I could put a print of that up in a room full of Black-lights and Electric Mushrooms right next to a Pot-leaf Poster and it would not look out of place.
The Mystery of Azan's Helmet is interesting too . . . One of those things we'll have to wait for a definitive answer on . . .
As for Caska and Guts looking out to Sea . . . I'm with the camp saying that it's just Caska's reaction to the Ocean and Guts enjoying the view with her. We already had a Two-page Spread of the Ship and the Ocean at the start of the episode so I see nothing suspicious about it. Plus, Caska is still supposed to be an important member of the party even if she doesn't say much, so it's important to show her reaction to being out at Sea. She seemed almost as excited when the Party spent the night on the Beach a while back. Her eyes aren't narrowed and she isn't pointing at anything or trying to get anyone else's attention like I remember her doing in the past . . . So I don't see it . . .

Top Bottom