Episode 295

Funkmasta Zeph said:
I'd rather we not compare Berserk to Kenshin under any circumstance.

I really agree.

Both series work differently. And If I remember correctly, the move Jackson Hurley is referring to is the Izuna (lame), cutting really fast doesn't make your sword shoot flesh cutting air pockets at people. Sh1t. :puck:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Funkmasta Zeph said:
I'd rather we not compare Berserk to Kenshin under any circumstance.

I wasnt actually, I was just giving an exemple that reminded me of that. Thats not the same thing. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
I'm not sure if it could be possible but, we know Griffith can move fast, and we also know he can summon a strong wind.
How do you know the wind didn't just happen to be there at the right time. Causality and all.

Do you guys think he could slash ultra fast with his sword creating some kind of a wind cut? You know like in Kenshin? That could be kinda interesting...
Somehow I don't think sword feats are the way to show off a God Hand's power.

A

avidwriter

I'll admit I have no idea how :griff: will take down :ganishka: However I do know that it will very most likely not be a simple battle like the first time they met. Miura wouldn't go through the trouble of making :ganishka: that huge to have :griff: finish him in three pages with a wave of his hands. Plus how would he explain that to the people? He has to make it a little flashy or at least approach to a distance where he and if he brings anyone with him and do what they need to do and not be observed by the innocence. Just my four cents. :chomp:

S

smoke

I dunno, couldn't Griff just force Ganishka to serve him?

That'd be pretty wacky, huh?

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
How do you know the wind didn't just happen to be there at the right time. Causality and all.
Somehow I don't think sword feats are the way to show off a God Hand's power.

I guess I got it wrong... I thought it was Griffith who summoned the wind. Maybe I misread what was said...

I don't think either that sword feats are the way to show off a God Hand's power. I was just throwing that out. Trying ideas you know. Anyway we'll just have to wait and see.

Walter said:
I argued this point a while back. I got a rebuttal from Aazealh on that. I don't remember exactly what he wrote but I think it was something along the lines that Griffith summoned the wind. I still think the wind just happened. I don't think Griffith has that kind of power that he can summon the wind.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ironman said:
I argued this point a while back. I got a rebuttal from Aazealh on that. I don't remember exactly what he wrote but I think it was something along the lines that Griffith summoned the wind. I still think the wind just happened. I don't think Griffith has that kind of power that he can summon the wind.
Well, Im certainly not doubting his power or anything - the extent of that power is still a huge wild card. I just think the wind happened to be there BECAUSE Griffith needed it to be. I guess what Im arguing isnt necessarily at odds with "he summoned the wind." I just think the way Causality works around Griffith's means, he doesn't have to summon anything. Everything just works to his favor.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
I just had a small thought. I'm not sure if it could be possible but, we know Griffith can move fast, and we also know he can summon a strong wind. Do you guys think he could slash ultra fast with his sword creating some kind of a wind cut? You know like in Kenshin? That could be kinda interesting...

I wouldn't call that interesting personally.

Forest Wraith said:
Judging by what we've seen so far: I strongly suspect that Femto/Griffith (And at least Void) have powers that are based on the manipulation of natural forces. Momentum, acceleration, space, gravity, etc. Way back in volume three, Guts took a swing at Femto and was sent flying. Guts' sword never actually touched him, there was no sound of an impact, nor any sign that Griffith had been hit: He simply reflected the force of Guts' swing back at him and possibly multiplied it as well.

I think you're seriously overanalyzing it. Reflected the force of Guts' blow? What makes you say so? Guts was striking at him with a sword, if that attack had been reflected, I'd expect Guts to have been slashed in half. If you look at the scene, Femto just seemed to have knocked Guts back effortlessly, using a power that works in a way we completely ignore. There's a focus on his eye as it happens, as if just focusing his attention on him was enough (I always found it awesome). It's not very different from the way he crushed matter during the Occultation. I'm not sure I'd call these "natural" forces either, by the way, but that's just me. :void: Anyway, we have to keep in mind that it all took place in a particular region of the world where the God Hand is basically all-powerful. This along with the rest greatly limits what we truly know of the extent of their power.

Forest Wraith said:
Similar to how Void reflected the Skull Knights' thrust through a Klein Bottle.

Nitpicking again, but he doesn't really use a Klein bottle, since it's not compatible with the concept (Klein bottles are two-dimensional objects). It does remind strongly of one, though, but it's like a 4D version.

avidwriter said:
I'll admit I have no idea how :griff: will take down :ganishka: However I do know that it will very most likely not be a simple battle like the first time they met. Miura wouldn't go through the trouble of making :ganishka: that huge to have :griff: finish him in three pages with a wave of his hands.

Well, it depends on what the aftereffect would be. Maybe Ganishka himself isn't as important as what he's brought into the world.

jackson_hurley said:
I guess I got it wrong... I thought it was Griffith who summoned the wind. Maybe I misread what was said...
ironman said:

The point is that it's not sure guys. Could be either way. And what I told you at the time still stands, ironman.

jackson_hurley

Aazealh said:
I wouldn't call that interesting personally.

The point is that it's not sure guys. Could be either way.

Yeah I agree with you here, hence why I put the "kinda" (I wasn't too pleased about that possibility but it just came to mind and wanted to share it haha)

And the few reply after the "Griffith summoning the wind" is much clearer now to me! I wasn't sure if we know for sure or not if he could do that. Thanks guys.

alright in the next episode we are going to see:

Ganishka decimating the apostles. Its just going to be chaos with everybody running, fleeing, ganishka's arms crushing impaling etc.

Then are we going to see Zodd try to get up close to find a weak spot on ganishka's body. He'll notice an opening somewhere, and it'll turn out to be a tunnel entrance that leads upto Ganishka's heart of darkness. But before Zodd can enter, he'll get knocked down, leaving only griffith to fly across on his steed and enter and then stab the heart. Ganishka's going to go, "aaaaaarrgh" then there's going to be a massive explosion that wipes out a good chunk of the area, taking out griffith's army, except his closest guardians.

ironman said:
Then are we going to see Zodd try to get up close to find a weak spot on ganishka's body. He'll notice an opening somewhere, and it'll turn out to be a tunnel entrance that leads upto Ganishka's heart of darkness. But before Zodd can enter, he'll get knocked down, leaving only griffith to fly across on his steed and enter and then stab the heart. Ganishka's going to go, "aaaaaarrgh" then there's going to be a massive explosion that wipes out a good chunk of the area

You mean like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwz_fZPt6Ic&

mr.umbrella said:
though having said that i can't help but think of the possibility of those many arms rotating with speed in a circular manner and him lifting off the world helicopter style.

jackson_hurley said:
I just had a small thought. I'm not sure if it could be possible but, we know Griffith can move fast, and we also know he can summon a strong wind. Do you guys think he could slash ultra fast with his sword creating some kind of a wind cut? You know like in Kenshin? That could be kinda interesting...

ironman said:
Then are we going to see Zodd try to get up close to find a weak spot on ganishka's body. He'll notice an opening somewhere, and it'll turn out to be a tunnel entrance that leads upto Ganishka's heart of darkness. But before Zodd can enter, he'll get knocked down, leaving only griffith to fly across on his steed and enter and then stab the heart. Ganishka's going to go, "aaaaaarrgh" then there's going to be a massive explosion that wipes out a good chunk of the area, taking out griffith's army, except his closest guardians.

I'm pretty impressed by some of the creativity shared here... :ganishka:

Though IMHO it's too far fetched.

the next episode our so should be epic with the kushan emperors new form hopefully he takes care of a few apostles in the process would make guts life a little easier thats for sure.

I've been wondering a lot over the past few episodes how the hell guts is ever going to deal with Griffith unless some circumstances come into play that makes things a little easier but if all goes fairly well for Griffith how could guts ever even think about taking on Griffith with all the apostles he's gathered and on top of that about to become the king of midland this is all really interesting nothing can ever be easy for guts thats for sure.

Guts is going to have to find a way to weaken griffith's power in the material realm obviously. He might get some answers on that question in the elf city.

In episode 291 it showed that children had another dream given to them by the Hawk that showed them the events of the mist and that all the monsters will go away with it, giving the people of the city a change to escape. After that the children said morning will come but it will be covered in darkness as a giant shadow will block out the sun, whereas the shining bird (Griffith) will call up a big storm against the shadow.
I don't know if Griff will actually really call up a storm to fight Ganishka, I mean even if it's a massive lightning storm I don't think It'll do anything to that huge form of Ganishka. I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. However, I highly doubt that Griff is going to charge at Ganishka and fight him directly, neither his army.

My prediction is that we'll see the events unfold between Griff and Ganishka for a while longer and then switch over to Guts again where they arrive at Elfhelm.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
After going back and re-reading the past couple of episodes, I just realized that back in 291 page 11 there is a big hint at the eventual form of Uber-ganishka, and then the next page has the Hawk of light coming out of the clouds to smite the darkness.

Which makes me think Griffith is going to stall until nightfall, or something with his army, and then break through the clouds above to take him out in one awesome strike! At least that's what I'm predicting. Especially since Zodd is his principle form of travel while flying, and we've seen how effective a zodd + character = pwnage attack can be on Ganishka.

X

Xem

I think that message is a little more metaphorical than that. For one, the shadow mentioned is the shadow cast by Ganishka, not the night. Second, many people have had visions of a hawk, that doesn't have to mean that the attack will literally be Griffith flying down with Zodd.

If you ask me, it's much more likely that Griffith's army will attack Ganishka first, probably incurring quite a few fatalities. Following this will probably be Griffith's attack, which honestly I'm far too clueless to try to hypothesis how it will occur.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I dunno, I think the Neo Falcons may sit this one out and let Griffith handle things by himself.

Is the new episode set for next week? Any chance of a preview? I visited the young animal site this morning and there was nothing up yet.

If we were going to get a preview would it normally be up on the Friday before or would it be released in the same week?

Sorry I don't know more about the preview release cycle.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
We don't always get previews after there's been an extended break. There's really no way to predict when or if we'll get special previews these days (it used to be fairly regular). But just hold tight, and the full episode will come somewhere around its release date: May 23.

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
It's funny how the Berserk fans don't get any early spoilers, like the Narutards (myself included) get every time a new episode is about to be released.

Miura and his studio are producing the best manga ever, destroying the seinen/mature competion (Gantz/Hellsing/DW/Elfen Lied/Zetman) in most likely every term.

Personally I'm so terrified about the idea that Berserk will just never end in my lifetime that I'd feed myself upon any spoilers that looks anyhow legit and certified... anytime.

Can't wait for 296...

Top Bottom