Episode 297

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
xfool said:
I wonder if Miura is up to something with those long breaks this year, it would be nice to know if hes involve in some sort of project perhaps a Berserk movie?

I was kinda hoping to see a Miura guest character in Soul Calibur IV... but that didn't happen.

X

Xem

does anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'd really like to know the source... if one exists.

rumorhe2.jpg

Sounds almost too good to be true, as this is also the release date of the latest volume cover (I think).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
does anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'd really like to know the source... if one exists.

Yeah, there'll be a new episode with a color page in YA #21, plus a reprint of 297. The source is 2ch:

●21号(320円)
表紙&巻頭カラー(再録含む2話42P):ベルセルク

付録:羽海野チカ描き下ろしベルセルク33巻特別カバー

http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/comic/1220370308/383

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
einherjar said:
So, that would put the release on the second Friday in November?
Nope. 24/10 = October 24. Two weeks from now. Too bad about us getting hyped for 2 episodes when its just a reprint.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Nope. 24/10 = October 24. Two weeks from now. Too bad about us getting hyped for 2 episodes when its just a reprint.
Well a reprint of the previous one with the new episode.. more or less to remind everyone what happened! :guts:

A

avidwriter

Interesting. Is this the first time there has been a reprint? I hope this means we're back onto a normal release schedule again.

einherjar

The Glorious Dead
Walter said:

I missed the 24/10 somehow... So I tried to count issues backward, assuming 2 / month... Last release of December = 24, First December = 23, etc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Awesome news!  Is this the first time an episode has been reprinted?
I can only speak from my experience in following Berserk episodically for 8 years, but I've never known it to happen. That being said, we're in uncharted territory. As I said before, this is the longest we've been without a new episode in at least 8 years - possibly ever. So it's clearly not an unwarranted gesture.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
I can only speak from my experience in following Berserk episodically for 8 years, but I've never known it to happen. That being said, we're in uncharted territory. As I said before, this is the longest we've been without a new episode in at least 8 years - possibly ever. So it's clearly not an unwarranted gesture.
Maybe its going to be a special surprise thing! Maybe Berserk season 2! Hajime no Ippo is getting a second series that starts Jan 1st of 2009! BELIEVE! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji-Cards are in the mail! said:
Maybe Berserk season 2!
Oh my god PLEASE do not incite the masses by uttering that phrase. Now it's forever in the search engine. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Awesome news! Is this the first time an episode has been reprinted?
Walter said:
I can only speak from my experience in following Berserk episodically for 8 years, but I've never known it to happen.

There was a reprint the last time there was a big break, not even a year ago. You guys have a bad memory. :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
There was a reprint the last time there was a big break, not even a year ago. You guys have a bad memory. :p
Aazealh said:
Additionally they'll publish episode 279 again because it's been a while so you know, people might have forgotten what happened in it. :schierke:
Well, my shitty memory is no secret, but I DID try to cover my tracks by searching for "reprint". But that's not the phrase that was used. :judo: And it was 12/29/06 so it's been like, an ETERNITY since they've republished :ganishka:

Anyway, I've updated the release schedule with this unhistoric event: http://skullknight.net/images/eps.html Can't wait for the 298 preview, if we get one that is.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Well, my shitty memory is no secret, but I DID try to cover my tracks by searching for "reprint". But that's not the phrase that was used. :judo: And it was 12/29/06 so it's been like, an ETERNITY since they've republished :ganishka:

Hahaha, well to be fair I'll make amendments of my own by rectifying that it has, in fact, been more than a year since it happened. :guts:

Walter said:
Can't wait for the 298 preview, if we get one that is.

I expect that we will! I feel something moving inside me that I thought was frozen. :griff:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I've been having recurring dreams of brrzrrk s*ason 2. Not even kidding. I would be so AMPED if it were to actually happen. I would be even MORE amped if they STARTED FROM THE BEGINNING and busted out some OVA-quality shit. I also think it would single-handedly save the anime market. SINGLE HANDEDLY.

The PS2 game footage still gives me a raging boneur in such a way that I ACHE for new animated footage of Guts screaming, "GRIIFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTHHH!!!!!!!!"

Now I got another raging one in my pants over the news about the new EPISODE and the color page. I've got two boners.

Wow I can't believe the last Berserk EPISODE was released before I got fired from my programming job.

Anyway, this is what the guys have been up to for the last 4+ months.
beardoff.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nice beard, but it can't beat the king: :daiba:

It's actually been more than a year since Guts and crew had their own episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, it's a real pleasure to see some creative humor in an episode thread for once. You're a pretty good artist too, Gobolatula, why don't you post some more stuff in the Creation Station?

D

darkbane

Source is 2ch? And we all know how reliable 2ch is... Did they at least cite some magazine or something? Too bad there doesn't seem to be a scan in there. It'll be good if it comes true, though. It's been too long since 297.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Source is 2ch? And we all know how reliable 2ch is... Did they at least cite some magazine or something?

The actual source is Young Animal obviously, it was only reported on 2ch from the magazine. And if it wasn't reliable I'd have said so. Don't worry, the episode will indeed come out on October 24th.

Top Bottom