Episode 300

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I didnt see that coming for his apostle form.

Yeah, guess he got his time in the spotlight afterall. It looks like he just saved Sonia from a mini-Ganishka on those pages, while she was expecting herself to be killed (apparently she had tried to attack one). It seems he hit it in multiple places, maybe with projectiles fired from his tail (sort of like a manticore?) or eye? The projectiles sticking out of the monster's corpse looks like hair somehow, or tree roots to be exact.

Anyway, Sonia lectured the crowd about how it shouldn't matter whether the Demon Soldiers are human or not as long as they're part of the Band of the Falcon and fighting for Griffith against their enemies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway guys, check out how the head of his apostle form looks like a slingshot. The two big horns, the small cross-like one in the middle that resembles a sight, and of course the giant eye at the bottom. It's just missing a rubber band. I bet that's where the bow fused with him.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Looks like his apostle form incorporates lots of elements from animals that a hunter would consider "game". Another intricate design choice, i have to say.

Irvine's form is badass... We might be seeing a beast vs beast fight if Guts has any chance of encountering him!

Anyway now all that is left is Rakshas' true apostle form!

Holy bahjesus! Didn't except a preview yet, but I'll sure as fook take one.

Irvine's apostle form eh? Interesting, but not what I expected. He reminds me of the Yakul from Mononoke Hime, but only at first glance.
I wonder what's the deal with the barbs in the Chibishka. I agree it's an interesting "animal" for his apostle form to be based on. Hunter...deer...I buy it. The panel with just his face is pimp.

At first I thought it was Griffith and was like, "Oh God this is awful."

An unexpected treat though to see Irvine's form. Now...for Rakshas!!!! :SK:
Also, I wonder if Griffith saw that Sonia was about to be attacked. NeEd To ReAd!!!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Irvine's apostle form eh? Interesting, but not what I expected. He reminds me of the Yakul from Mononoke Hime, but only at first glance.
I wonder what's the deal with the barbs in the Chibishka. I agree it's an interesting "animal" for his apostle form to be based on. Hunter...deer...I buy it.

Well if you remember his talk with Sonia in episode 258 it makes sense:

Irvine: I'm a hunter. I feel more relaxed when I'm alone.
Sonia: huuuhn....
Sonia: Hunters are always alone? Walking all by themselves through the mountains and forests?
Irvine: There are some who don't, but I'm alone. I hunt by myself.

Irvine: For days you continue to hunt your prey running through the wilderness.
Irvine: You hide alone deep in the forest.
Irvine: Night after night, until you lose any sense of time, and then...
Sonia: and then?
Irvine: ....before you know it, you have become an animal (beast) yourself.

As for the barbs, I'm certain it's something he shot at the monster. The real question is how he shot them. They sort of look like roots to me like I said, and if you look at the picture it looks like they pierced the monster from the inside.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
The "Hunter...deer...I buy it" comment wasn't sarcasm in case you thought it was. I do buy it. :serpico:

I didn't think it was sarcasm, don't worry. And I'm still trying to figure out what Irvine fights with. Hair? Seeds? I have a number of ideas but they all seem far-fetched. :chomp:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Very nice! thank you Aaz. Yeah like you said they look like roots.And when you look at the beast's head (not the human one I mean) it looks like big teeth, maybe he bit it and some poisonous roots came out? I'd prefer something that he shot at it though...

S

smoke

Definitely different from what I was expecting with his apostle form.

Interesting stuff. Looking forward to the next episode.

(Also, doesn't it feel good to be getting eps this quickly again?)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
A reverse centaur, one-eyed-beast-esque apostle form, eh? I so called that....

Are you sure about that? :carcus:

Uriel said:
Lady Griffith said:
I think Irvine might be something with wings...like a huge hawk or bird of prey.
This is what I thought. Something about him just strikes me as bird-like.
Uriel said:
As for Irvine, I always thought he was the kickass silent type -- so I am by no means disappointed to find out he actually is :p He doesn't really remind me of Judo really, other than he the way he looks... meh, I need to see more of him to get a clearer idea of his identity. He doesn't seem like a Beast -- in Guts' terms at least.

cool preview. thanks a bunch Aazealh. It's kinda strange to see a REVERSE centaur type apostle. Also it's pretty interesting that the front of his apostle form looks soo much like the beast.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Hrrm, D+... sorry, Aaz, I'm gonna have to fail you for the sarcasm perception class. C- was the passing grade :(

Good news though, it'll be offered again before the year is out! Maybe next time I'll curve it and throw in a smiley next time as an assist =)

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Well, that's definitely not what I expected, but I like it! It's interesting, if anyone had told me that Irvine would have ended up a horned butt-centaur, I never would have believed it. But the design came out looking very unified!

Now, what about Rakshas?! :troll:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
I didn't think it was sarcasm, don't worry. And I'm still trying to figure out what Irvine fights with. Hair? Seeds? I have a number of ideas but they all seem far-fetched. :chomp:

Thanks for the preview Aaz, and I think the barbs sort of look like the branches off a fir tree, like you said they do appear to be almost growing from the mini-Ganishka's insides, if you look at the one on the top right it appears like a branch. And Proj2501 I agree he does have the general head shape of Yakul from Princess Mononoke, it looks like what you'd get if you combined Yakul with Guts' beast of Darkness.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
It's kinda strange to see a REVERSE centaur type apostle. Also it's pretty interesting that the front of his apostle form looks soo much like the beast.

Centaurs are half-horse. I don't think it's the proper term here. Like Bhairava said he looks more like a satyr or a faun (or Pan himself, indeed), though the below-the-waist part is obviously not related to anything. Anyway, him being almost a tail for the body isn't all that out there:

Castlevania-SOTN-Diplocephalus.jpg

:carcus:

Uriel said:
Hrrm, D+... sorry, Aaz, I'm gonna have to fail you for the sarcasm perception class. C- was the passing grade :(

Good news though, it'll be offered again before the year is out! Maybe next time I'll curve it and throw in a smiley next time as an assist =)

Well I did consider the possibility that you might be sarcastic of course, but eventually ruled it out, influenced in that by my recollection of your posting habits over the years. I think when put in that light, my choice says as much about you than it does about me, if not more. I guess it should prompt me to feel more or less sorry now, but seeing how your best comeback involves school grades, I don't think I'll feel bad if I don't.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Wow, I wasn't expecting Irvine's apostle form to look anything like that, but I guess it makes sense after reviewing the quote Aazealh posted. Very cool. I can't wait to read this week's episode.

My goodness! There seems to be a lot of potential for action in this week's episode! I wonder if the crowd will discover that the voice in their heads was Sonia. If they discover that Griffith has someone in his command with the ability to make people hear things, do you think that they'll infer that she also has the ability to make them dream certain things, thereby proving his prophecy as savior a fallacy and thus revealing him as the demon he really is?

...that won't happen, Griffith is much too charming.

Still, I can't wait to find out what really happens! :D

Hahaha these previews make me feel teased. ^_^

Top Bottom