Episode 300

ZODDOII

BERSERK
Irvine's apostle looks like devilman................that face 100% devilman....but, i think this is a very cool idea :chomp:

<Devilman is a very famous japanese comic>

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Mad Angel Loki said:
Thanks for the episode,the recklessness of the human soldiers is almost moving...even in the midst of this chaos they still think they can make a difference thanks to their light Griffith,

You must be confused because Griffith told them to attack. So instead of the Apostles having to fight every mini-ganishka out in the forward position of the battle field and still do the occasional check up to make sure the humans aren't being eaten, they can now focus on the front line because Griffith gave the humans a strategy that will work and make a difference.

ZODDOII said:
Irvine's apostle looks like devilman................that face 100% devilman....but, i think this is a very cool idea :chomp:

<Devilman is a very famous japanese comic>
It has been said a couple of times now. So I wanted to make a comparison and...
notreally2.jpg
Not what I remembered. :judo:

ZODDOII

BERSERK
sorry ~I am so excited....i should say that face style looks like  style ..en..

and your devilman picture is too old....

devilman-fewture-black.jpg

url

Amon_devilman_manga_cover.jpg

ok...Irvine's apostle is cool  style likes devilman

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
There's a slight similarity between Irvine and the brand new devil man in the face, but saying he's styled after him is a stretch.

There is some semblance with Irvine and the various incarnations of Devilman in the Amon OVA, but that's just entirely superficial, i guess.
And for those who haven't yet watched it, you've missed something really ..special. Then again, it's really disturbing so it's probably not suited for everyone.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
I think he's seeing it now and I think he's trying to walk towards the visualization of the Hawk in his mind (Griffs astral form in reality), all the while trampling his soldiers in his wake.

The problem I have with this is that if he were walking in Griffith's direction he should already be there, unless the mini-Ganishka monsters move extremely fast. To me it looks like he's stopped moving for some reason.

Ramen4ever said:
Imo Schierke could probably point out the same thing Sonia did when Ganishka first emerged.

Maybe, maybe not. Sonia can see the future, and Schierke can feel the changes to the structure of the world as they're happening. Their ways are different, even if the result looks similar. I think if Schierke was too close to Ganishka she could be overwhelmed by his "aura", not unlike what happened to her in the Qliphoth when Slan manifested herself. In any case, they've already both commented on what's happening.

jackson_hurley said:
I tell ya, It's the tail , the tail man! with poisonous growing hair! hihi

Why do you think it would need to be poisonous? I mean look at what happened to the poor creature he shot in this episode.

Mad Angel Loki said:
Thanks for the episode,the recklessness of the human soldiers is almost moving...even in the midst of this chaos they still think they can make a difference thanks to their light Griffith,it kinda remind me of the way Farnese was looking at Guts during the rebirth of Griffith.

Well they're only defending themselves against the monsters that manage to reach them instead of waiting for the apostles to save their asses. And it's all under the direction of Griffith, like VHB pointed out.

ZODDOII said:
sorry ~I am so excited....i should say that face style looks like style ..en..

Yeah, it seems you got a little carried away... :guts:

I think what reminds you of Devilman is just the way Irvine's face is surrounded by dark hair. For Devilman it's his batwings and the rest, so the general look is a bit similar.

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
Thanks a lot Scanbot for the episode and Aazealh for the preview, the usual I guess ;)

Personally I think Irvine kinda looks alike that Lion Yuma that we've seen killing the Claymore team that was sent to the North. (he was so bad-ass)

And someone stated it before me but Sonia's speech is gonna remove the fear the population has from the Apostles, which means it's become even more a Guts vs The Whole World thing.

I'll comment more later on ;)

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Why do you think it would need to be poisonous? I mean look at what happened to the poor creature he shot in this episode.

Hum no reason in particular to be honest! I just thought it'd be cool if the tail pierce the skin and the release some hair and then the poison part would be what it makes it grow fast and in different directions. But I guess it doesn't necessarily needs to be poison hehe, as long as it's the tail doing something I'd be pleased.

I kinda like to stick to my ideas, you know like a certain storm i was waiting for that never happened :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jarome said:
Personally I think Irvine kinda looks alike that Lion Yuma that we've seen killing the Claymore team that was sent to the North. (he was so bad-ass)

What's supposed to look similar, aside from the fact both are hairy? When it comes to looking like a lion, I think Zodd is where it's at.

Jarome said:
And someone stated it before me but Sonia's speech is gonna remove the fear the population has from the Apostles, which means it's become even more a Guts vs The Whole World thing.

It's had its effect on the soldiers of the Band of the Falcon and the citizens of Wyndham for now, but I wouldn't go so far as to say everyone in Midland is going to be Ok with it. And who knows for how long it'll work?

jackson_hurley said:
Hum no reason in particular to be honest! I just thought it'd be cool if the tail pierce the skin and the release some hair and then the poison part would be what it makes it grow fast and in different directions.

Ah, well if that's what you call poison... But I don't think the term is appropriate in this case.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Ah, well if that's what you call poison... But I don't think the term is appropriate in this case.

Yeah indeed it doesn't really fit but I couldn't find any term to make it fit. Got an idea for me so I can get rid of the poisonous tail thing?! hehe

I thought of "deadly spreading hair" but meh sounds a bit lame...

I was just talking to Aaz about this. Could Irvine transform in his apostle form without his bow? It's so obvious half of his body is the bow he uses. Then Aaz mentioned (as I'm sure he has mentioned elsewhere) whether or not Locus could transform without his horse. He also added the magical property of Locus' lance and how it changes shape dramatically.

So, can Irvine and Locus, and all the apostles who ride alongside Locus transform without certain elements present. (Bow, horses) :???:

Also, at the top panel of page 10 it looks like there are 'things' within each antler (Aaz said it, I was thinking it). I'm thinking that maybe Irvine can pull them out and throw them. The antlers look a little like satchels.

Thoughts...

300 was an epic episode! Thanks guys! :carcus: Mmm..300.

Now that Sonia has convinced the human members of the Band of the Hawk that the Apostles won't eat them with mint sauce (probably), Guts is going to have a big fight on his hands, or at least a loooot of convincing to do. Something tells me Raban might have a hand in that down the line. Any thoughts? Here's hoping the POV finally shifts to Guts and Co. before the month of December is out. :daiba:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Madam President said:
Here's hoping the POV finally shifts to Guts and Co. before the month of December is out. :daiba:

Unless it's a brief moment, I doubt we'll shift back to Guts' group before the climatic battle between Griffith and Ganishka is over. I'm basing this mainly on Miura's recent comments about getting to the climax. After the battle is over, I imagine Miura will take another break.

The mini-ganishka that Irvine shot seemed like something was getting out of it; I've got this stupid impression that it's some kind of root trying to get out..

ZODDOII

BERSERK
Aazealh said:
Yeah, it seems you got a little carried away... :guts:

I think what reminds you of Devilman is just the way Irvine's face is surrounded by dark hair. For Devilman it's his batwings and the rest, so the general look is a bit similar.

Yeah~ Aazealh you are right. You just said what I wanted to say.

Thanks Scanbot...

Rhombaad said:
Unless it's a brief moment, I doubt we'll shift back to Guts' group before the climatic battle between Griffith and Ganishka is over.
:judo: The battle just begin...

Perhaps at the end of the battle we'll see Griffith's apostle form...

Ahh I am late but finally a translation wooohoo. :guts: What a wonderful episode!!! Sonia's importance is becoming so much more, she may apparently relay more messages telepathically to everyone of Griffith's army (human and apostle) when Griffith recommends it (I mean if she does without him recommending, then what do you expect).

Now I can't wait for the next episode? Did it even say when the next episode was (like was done in the previous episodes)?

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
venicia said:
Now I can't wait for the next episode? Did it even say when the next episode was (like was done in the previous episodes)?

It's scheduled for 12.12 (Friday). You can usually find those dates on the last page of a given episode (at the bottom of the page, there's a white box inside a black outline, which contains the date. The first number signifies the month, the second the day).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Yeah indeed it doesn't really fit but I couldn't find any term to make it fit. Got an idea for me so I can get rid of the poisonous tail thing?!

Then again you don't absolutely have to invent a name for it. We're not even sure that it's how he attacks...

Madam President said:
Now that Sonia has convinced the human members of the Band of the Hawk that the Apostles won't eat them with mint sauce (probably), Guts is going to have a big fight on his hands, or at least a loooot of convincing to do. Something tells me Raban might have a hand in that down the line. Any thoughts?

Seems a bit early to say that. Between now and the day Guts will confront Griffith, a lot of time might pass. And I think the Demon Soldiers would be more of a bother anyway, even if there's a hundred times more humans.

fuxberg said:
The mini-ganishka that Irvine shot seemed like something was getting out of it; I've got this stupid impression that it's some kind of root trying to get out..

That's pretty much what we've all been saying since page 1 of this thread... Only, now that I can look at it more clearly, it's too sharp to really be something like tree roots. It's more like some very sharp needles.

venicia said:
Sonia's importance is becoming so much more, she may apparently relay more messages telepathically to everyone of Griffith's army (human and apostle) when Griffith recommends it (I mean if she does without him recommending, then what do you expect).

Does that really make her much more important than she already was though? It's true we didn't have the confirmation that she could telepathically contact that many people at once, but personally it didn't surprise me in the least considering what we'd previously seen of her power. And foreseeing the movement of enemy troops seems more tactically interesting than simply relaying messages.

venicia said:

How about searching for a preexisting answer before asking in the future?

Aazealh said:
Looks like Berserk will be in the next issue of YA (#24, released on 12/12) as well. No break yet. :guts:

Also, please don't post the same message twice in different places. And lastly, translation threads are intended for translation-related discussions only. Questions regarding the story or the publication should go in the Current Episode section. Thanks in advance.

SimplyEd said:
It's scheduled for 12.12 (Friday). You can usually find those dates on the last page of a given episode (at the bottom of the page, there's a white box inside a black outline, which contains the date. The first number signifies the month, the second the day).
thanks ED, thanks very much.

Aazealh said:
How about searching for a preexisting answer before asking in the future?

Also, please don't post the same message twice in different places. And lastly, translation threads are intended for translation-related discussions only. Questions regarding the story or the publication should go in the Current Episode section. Thanks in advance.
I searched, didnt find anything. Sorry for breaking your forum rules.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
That's pretty much what we've all been saying since page 1 of this thread... Only, now that I can look at it more clearly, it's too sharp to really be something like tree roots. It's more like some very sharp needles.

I wouldn't say roots, but if you look at them to me they look a lot like branches, call me crazy but I definitely think they're tree related for sure, they look like branches (in my opinion) and it would fit with Irvines man of nature/hunter motif. The best picture that makes them look like branches is the one in which we first see them explode through the mini-Ganishkas skin, I'd agree with the needle idea, except for the fact that each "needle" branches off another, like well, a bunch of branches.

Cool Episode....

I am still not too sure about Irvine's apostle form. It seems awkward. But if his arrow can meld to form his apostle form then I am assuming his arrows can also take a new form. We already saw that he could shoot many of them simulatneously. One thing that did strike me about his form is that its much smaller than some of the other apostles. His strength seems to be agility and quickness just like his apostle form as compared to say Grunbeld who is all power.

My take on Griffith getting soldiers in on the action was to get them to be involved so that they can sort of forget about the apostles, demons and all the carnage. Otherwise as some others have said.. I doubt they can make a difference in this war of demons. It could also be another reason for Griffith to look pretty and not move a freaking muscle in this fight for as looooooooooong as possible :miura:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
I am still not too sure about Irvine's apostle form. It seems awkward.
It could also be another reason for Griffith to look pretty and not move a freaking muscle in this fight for as looooooooooong as possible :miura:
I'm sure Miura appreciates his impatient, unfaithful fans best of all :void:

Top Bottom