Episode 301

'If I am touched by this man, I will sacrifice everything..'
Shouldn't be any different for this newborn ganishka, should it?

Easy victory for Griffith?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
logia said:
'If I am touched by this man, I will sacrifice everything..'
Fairly sure that's an inaccurate translation of the scene. Griffith doesn't actually finish his sentence there, but it's implied that if Guts bore him on his shoulder, he would lose any sense of power he had.

Oh, you're quoting Ganishka. My bad... wow, I was WAY off!

Sorry for Interrupting, I don't see the relation ship with episode 301?
Isn't It supposed to be the following sentences "'If I am touched by this hand, I will sacrifice everything.." occurring In V32, Ep282 on page 17? As for the inaccurate translation of the scene, well no arguing with that, but I am pretty sure Its Ganishka saying this aimed to Griffith.

Never mind :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tirn said:
Any news about the new episode? :guts:

Nothing announced so far. It won't be in the next issue of YA, so at the earliest it'll be out on March 27. You should probably not expect it at that time, though.

Aazealh said:
You should probably not expect it at that time, though.
child_crying-1.jpg

Finally, after five years of reading I am caught up. Gosh how I envy people that have dozens of volumes ahead of them.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Irvine's apostle form and how he shoots was how awesome it's going to look when Guts kills him. Never really had that immediate reaction before. I imagined him cutting the beast head off then cutting Irvine's body off at the waist where it attaches to the beast.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Zoddball said:
Finally, after five years of reading I am caught up. Gosh how I envy people that have dozens of volumes ahead of them.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Irvine's apostle form and how he shoots was how awesome it's going to look when Guts kills him. Never really had that immediate reaction before. I imagined him cutting the beast head off then cutting Irvine's body off at the waist where it attaches to the beast.

That may be cool but it's not likes it's guaranteed that Guts will be the one who kills Irvine.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Deci said:
I know you're joking, but Griffith actually turning into a falcon/hawk? That's not even funny.

I think it was funny enough. From recent posts some of us have been speculating if Griffith would transform like the other apostles. So, him transforming in Walter's sketch was fine by me. Also, you said you enjoyed Watchmen, so I would assume you could also enjoy this.

X

Xem

Griffith, I know about the visions and dreams people have had of the Hawk of Light, I'm in total agreement that on the non-material level the HoL will be/is present. The key word here is "turning into", I don't see any evidence that he ever transforms, just that he exists as the Hawk of Light in the non-material world. I just don't see Griffith turning into a giant bird, though I suppose anything's possible.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I think it was funny enough. From recent posts some of us have been speculating if Griffith would transform like the other apostles.

Like the other apostles? Since when was Griffith an apostle? And yes, some of you have been saying this, but a lot of us have being saying otherwise. Check this thread.

So, him transforming in Walter's sketch was fine by me. Also, you said you enjoyed Watchmen, so I would assume you could also enjoy this.

They never transformed into giant birds in Watchmen, I don't see how the two relate whatsoever.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Deci said:
For example, when it comes to anime and manga my standards are through the roof... and we can most likely thank Berserk for that.

Just to be clear on this. Just for making Griffith transform into the hawk is not funny to you? right? Or are the standards not high for you, and that's why you didn't find it slightly funny?

Like the other apostles? Since when was Griffith an apostle?

Anyway, I only meant Griffith would transform in the process like the other apostles do, not that he was one.

X

Xem

Th3Branded0ne said:
Just to be clear on this. Just for making Griffith transform into the hawk is not funny to you? right? Or are the standards not high for you, and that's why you didn't find it slightly funny?

If he literally and physically transforms into a giant bird, ya I find that a tad bit ridiculous.

I don't understand your second question. I have high standards when it comes to manga (comics in general really), I love Berserk, I don't see how it's funny, and I don't really understand your interest. :???:

E

emorace

YA#8 was released today, now the titles for #9 are online ... no Berserk :(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
emorace said:
YA#8 was released today, now the titles for #9 are online ... no Berserk :(

Thanks but I don't think we need to post everytime Berserk isn't published. Rather, I or someone else will make a post whenever the next episode is announced.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
Griffith, I know about the visions and dreams people have had of the Hawk of Light, I'm in total agreement that on the non-material level the HoL will be/is present. The key word here is "turning into", I don't see any evidence that he ever transforms, just that he exists as the Hawk of Light in the non-material world. I just don't see Griffith turning into a giant bird, though I suppose anything's possible.

That's my point, he's already taken the form of a hawk on several occasions. Calling it a dream or outside the material world is a bit dubious at this point since he was already directly interacting with the material world in that form, including cutting off Zodd's horn (that's a hell of a dream). Plus, the material and ethereal worlds have been merging and overlapping since his rebirth, so like Trolls, what's to stop the Hawk of Light from manifesting somehow? I'm not saying it's going to happen that way, but it's practically just a matter of semantics, and taking the attitude, "That's not even funny" is not even funny. The picture of him holding Charlotte as big bird, now that's funny. =)

Walter said:
My, my, so much talk over my little 8-panel comic? We must be really bored :griffnotevil:

We just want to argue about Berserk. :judo:

X

Xem

Griffith said:
We just want to argue about Berserk. :judo: ...

I was thinking if we should move this debate to the "Griffith's powers" thread, but as it does pertain to the current episodes I figure why not leave it here. =D

Griffith said:
That's my point, he's already taken the form of a hawk on several occasions. Calling it a dream or outside the material world is a bit dubious at this point since he was already directly interacting with the material world in that form, including cutting off Zodd's horn (that's a hell of a dream).

Ah, true. Though it's not a new concept for ethereal beings to directly impacting the material. Saying things that happen on the ethereal level directly impact things on the material level isn't exactly the same as saying Griffith will take on the form of the Hawk of Light on the material level. I agree that it's present during the current fight with Ganishka, but I'm totally on the fence as to whether or not anyone aside from Ganishka can even see it. I'd say that the apostles and Sonia would have a good chance too, if anyone. As I stated in the other thread, it would definitely be interesting if everyone could, it could even serve as a "middle ground" for the pro-transform and anti-transform camps.

That way everyone would be happy. :griffnotevil:

Griffith said:
Plus, the material and ethereal worlds have been merging and overlapping since his rebirth, so like Trolls, what's to stop the Hawk of Light from manifesting somehow?

This doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me, the Trolls re-emerging isn't the same thing as the HoL becoming a material being. Is it?

Griffith said:
I'm not saying it's going to happen that way, but it's practically just a matter of semantics, and taking the attitude, "That's not even funny" is not even funny. The picture of him holding Charlotte as big bird, now that's funny. =)

Yeah I suppose I could've worded it better. It just seems silly to me, which I figure is the whole purpose of the comic in the first place, it shouldn't be taken seriously. Sadly, some people seem to.

Top Bottom