Episode 301

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Jaze1618 said:
Why don't we all place bets on the week that the next EPISODE will be released? I call the first week of April. Lets go April!! :guts:

Just so you know, the episodes are released on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month, since YA is a bimonthly magazine.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Nah I'm pretty sure it'll happen this year. I'd say the battle in Windham (cant remember how it's spelled) will last 2-3 episodes max and then Elfhelm.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
been over two months since the last episode was released. i'm really hoping that this doesnt turn into another six-month wait.

i'm going to be in japan for about two weeks so i think i'll track mr. miura down and see how he's progressing on his game.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
johnstantine said:
been over two months since the last episode was released. i'm really hoping that this doesnt turn into another six-month wait.

i'm going to be in japan for about two weeks so i think i'll track mr. miura down and see how he's progressing on his game.

What if it turns into a six month wait. I"ll gladly wait, I have waited before and I have no complaints.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
johnstantine said:
been over two months since the last episode was released.  i'm really hoping that this doesnt turn into another six-month wait.

He's not playing a fucking game. He's working on the series, as always. Give the guy a goddamned break.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Ep. 302 I still think the battle will continue with humans and apostles together. Maybe some shots of Griffith commanding and at least I hope to see Grunbeld, Zodd, and Locus have more pages for them.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Ep. 302 I still think the battle will continue with humans and apostles together. Maybe some shots of Griffith commanding and at least I hope to see Grunbeld, Zodd, and Locus have more pages for them.
Whew, that's some SCANDALOUS speculation there! It blew my skirt up, my goodness. :slan:

I'm actually counting on something monumental for the first episode back. I'm counting on Griffith fully taking on Ganishka, possibly even transforming to do so. The humans have already accepted the demonic nature of the Apostle Army, why not something more akin to an angel in their great leader?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
. I'm counting on Griffith fully taking on Ganishka, possibly even transforming to do so. The humans have already accepted the demonic nature of the Apostle Army, why not something more akin to an angel in their great leader?

Griffith transforming? What shape would he take. You think he might just grow wings like Mozgus' servants
animated_angel.gif
, or be more animalistic like the other apostles.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Griffith transforming? What shape would he take. You think he might just grow wings like Mozgus' servants ... or be more animalistic like the other apostles.
I don't mean just like an angel, I meant more angelic in appearance than other apostles. Ya know, something more beautiful and striking, similar to his human appearance in impression. And as for what shape he would take, I'm going out on a l limb here but... oh, I dunno, maybe a FALCON?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
I don't mean just like an angel, I meant more angelic in appearance than other apostles. Ya know, something more beautiful and striking, similar to his human appearance in impression. And as for what shape he would take, I'm going out on a l limb here but... oh, I dunno, maybe a FALCON?

I was thinking the same thing, like the one when he was with Zodd and blew his horn off. Bright as it has been drawn. It's a possibility

X

Xem

I actually reside in the camp that hopes Griffith will not have a transformation. His appearance is rather important and I hope it doesn't change in the heat of a battle like all the apostles do. I'm happy with superspeed, irresistible charisma, seemingly perfect tactical skills, and hopefully (most likely) a few others we've yet to see...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I actually reside in the camp that hopes Griffith will not have a transformation. His appearance is rather important and I hope it doesn't change in the heat of a battle like all the apostles do. I'm happy with superspeed, irresistible charisma, seemingly perfect tactical skills, and hopefully (most likely) a few others we've yet to see...
I'm only really playing devil's advocate here. I'm also not 100% convinced that there will be a big transformation, however, it would certainly provide a more concrete explanation for the appearance of those wings at the end of 297. What's the non-transformation camp's reasoning for that?

X

Xem

That's a tough one... an induced psychosomatic hallucination? :serpico:

We know Griffith is capable of entering people's minds and such, maybe that was part of his plan of attack.... Not really sure, but I don't let that one panel indicate a transformation of some sort. We'll see.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Deci said:

interesting point. I understand what your saying but (and I kinda hope so too) but I think Griffith will definitely have a form of some kind. Wouldn't it be a little anticlimactic if he didn't? There are a few things that have been hinting at it too.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I sure hope you're wrong. :griff:

hey don't get me wrong man I wouldn't mind if it'd take even a full volume until the battle is done. Either way I just know it's gonna be great as usual. And i would not mind for a Falcon transformation at all.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Another reason to support the no-transformation camp: It might be wise to keep Griffith's supernatural powers and/or possible new appearance a mystery (STILL) is to have a HUGE SURPRISE once Guts finally faces him.

As mentioned, the huge white hawk image has been shown in Zodd's dream, so it's very possible that what Ganishka is seeing is something similar.

X

Xem

Gobolatula said:
Another reason to support the no-transformation camp: It might be wise to keep Griffith's supernatural powers and/or possible new appearance a mystery (STILL) is to have a HUGE SURPRISE once Guts finally faces him.

As mentioned, the huge white hawk image has been shown in Zodd's dream, so it's very possible that what Ganishka is seeing is something similar.

Too add to this, though flimsy as it may be, why would Griffith have Zodd fly him around if he could sprout wings himself?

Wouldn't it be a little anticlimactic if he didn't? There are a few things that have been hinting at it too.

I don't see how it'd be anti-climatic personally. If anything (and I'll probably get reamed for saying so) I think it'd be a little cliche for Griffith to transform...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Too add to this, though flimsy as it may be, why would Griffith have Zodd fly him around if he could sprout wings himself?
Hahaha, come on man, how unclassy would that be? Griffith shoudln't have to use his ultimate form just to get from A to B if he already has a willing and awesome chauffeur like Zodd. Besides, I don't think he'd just show off this form to everyone unless there was a particularly necessary reason, like taking down a giant towering evil pile of goo like Ganishka.

Walter said:
Hahaha, come on man, how unclassy would that be? Griffith shoudln't have to use his ultimate form just to get from A to B if he already has a willing and awesome chauffeur like Zodd. Besides, I don't think he'd just show off this form to everyone unless there was a particularly necessary reason, like taking down a giant towering evil pile of goo like Ganishka.

Yeah just like a rich tycoon which is being driven around by his chauffeur, there is no need for that boss to drive himself around even if he can drive

Top Bottom