skullmask.jpg

:???:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Judas Priestly said:
From volume 13, what's your point?

I think Griff is refering to this

SlimJ87D said:
He's always been like Guts' Piccolo or Tuxedo mask.

Look closely and in Vol. 13 Guts gets behind Skully to ride in the horse, not in the pose Griffith put him on. Like tuxedo mask and sailor moon posed most of the time.

I have been wondering..

Quite a few apostles died the last few volumes in the battle with big G.

When apostles die, they are sucked back into the void.

Now, why haven't we seen that happen or better yet, why didn't the humans around Griff see this happen yet? I'd think seeing the mouth of hell open up and swallow up the bodies of Griffith's men would shock the humans.

Yeah yeah, because it doesn't fit the plot atm hehe. But still something to think about. :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shadax said:
I have been wondering..

Quite a few apostles died the last few volumes in the battle with big G.

When apostles die, they are sucked back into the void.

Now, why haven't we seen that happen or better yet, why didn't the humans around Griff see this happen yet? I'd think seeing the mouth of hell open up and swallow up the bodies of Griffith's men would shock the humans.

Yeah yeah, because it doesn't fit the plot atm hehe. But still something to think about. :p
You should really re-read the 302 thread. We had a really long discussion about it beginning around here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10129.msg167434#msg167434

Excellent EPISODE as expected. This is how I would have wrote the Femto vs Ganishka mini arc (or what ever its called): Femto uses his own wings to fly and just claws the shit out of Ganishka while hes trying to swat him down with his giant tentacle-like things, this would go on for like 4-5 EPISODES but in the end there would be nothing left except for Femto who is all bruised up but still alive unlike Ganishka who is just a giant mountain of flesh and blood. I guess its a good thing I don't write Berserk.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Clawed The Bum said:
Excellent chapter as expected.
It's episode Clawed.
Clawed The Bum said:
Femto uses his own wings to fly and just claws the shit out of Ganishka while hes trying to swat him down with his giant tentacle-like things, this would go on for like 4-5 chapters but in the end there would be nothing left except for Femto who is all bruised up but still alive unlike Ganishka who is just a giant mountain of flesh and blood. I guess its a good thing I don't write Berserk.

That would be plenty of clawing for Femto to do. And yes, let Miura do the writing.

I was also wondering about the last panel. Skully's slash seems for the most part have hit Femto. Just curious to find out if it really did hit, or the panel's angle makes it look like it did. I guess, Miura could have also used it like that to keep us even more intrigued. Who knows, soon enough we will know for sure.

Ya, calling it episode is going to take a while to get used to. For the last 10 or so episodes I always always wished that Miura gave us more Guts as I was already tired of Ganishka and Femto but this time I really hope that Miura keeps the focus on the events going on atop of Ganishka, or flash backs of those characters. Well, one thing I however didn't like about these last two episodes is that they imply that Femto might be able to kill Ganishka quickly by hitting a special spot or something like that, and as I already said, I would prefer a lot of clawing :).

Oburi

All praise Grail
Clawed The Bum said:
Well, one thing I however didn't like about these last two episodes is that they imply that Femto might be able to kill Ganishka quickly by hitting a special spot or something like that, and as I already said, I would prefer a lot of clawing :).

You really want to see that don't you. Femto clawing? I don't think you understand his power or the situation.

I was exaggerating by clawing maybe just a little bit. I just want Miura to show Femto's power, just what he can do to things. I want him to show why the God Hand are on a whole new level above apostles who they themselves are on a whole new level above almost all humans. I just don't want Griffith to point at Ganishka and Ganishka goes *poof* and its all over. Also, from what we've seen so far Void has a magical vortex move and Ubik can put images in peoples head, and Conrad did that plague to that city. These are all magical-like representations of some of the things that the God hand are capable of doing. It would be cool if Miura shows physical as well. I do think I understand Femto's power and the situation.

Whose to say they have any physical like super powers?

I know we may get to see very shortly in coming episodes but do they really need to be super powered fighting machines? Most of them do not look like they are made for that. Can you imagine Void engaging in fisticuffs? Yea he's got pretty good reach with those arms, but.... I just think that all of the god hand may be beyond the need for any of that.

Don't all apostles have at least some sort of superiority to their human like counterparts in terms of physical strength? I'm personally assuming that void is physically stronger then a human his age and weight, and ubik to be stronger then a human who is really old and 2-4 ft tall. Aren't all apostles physically "super powered"?

Well, if any of the God Hand have some sort of physical power, Femto looks like he would have the most, I would expect him to have at least some, but then again looks could be deceiving... I said it would be cool Femto killed Ganishka physically, I never said he is going to do it, or even had the ability to do it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Clawed The Bum said:
I was exaggerating by clawing maybe just a little bit.

Not just a little bit. It was kind of ridiculous.

Clawed The Bum said:
I just want Miura to show Femto's power, just what he can do to things.

We've already seen some of what he can do in volumes 3 and 13.

Clawed The Bum said:
I want him to show why the God Hand are on a whole new level above apostles who they themselves are on a whole new level above almost all humans. I just don't want Griffith to point at Ganishka and Ganishka goes *poof* and its all over.

I think mesmerizing Ganishka just by holding his hand to his face shows well enough why they cannot even be compared. Not to mention that Ganishka is completely beyond apostles at this point.

Clawed The Bum said:
Also, from what we've seen so far Void has a magical vortex move and Ubik can put images in peoples head, and Conrad did that plague to that city. These are all magical-like representations of some of the things that the God hand are capable of doing. It would be cool if Miura shows physical as well. I do think I understand Femto's power and the situation.

The members of the God Hand are spiritual beings. They do not have corporeal bodies. Femto is the exception because he was incarnated. I'm not sure what you mean by "magical-like representations of some of the things that the God hand are capable of doing". To simplify things to the extreme, "evil magical stuff" is their specialty. That's what they do. That being said, we've seen some more "physical" interactions in the past, and we might see more of them once the worlds have merged.

Clawed The Bum said:
Don't all apostles have at least some sort of superiority to their human like counterparts in terms of physical strength? I'm personally assuming that void is physically stronger then a human his age and weight, and ubik to be stronger then a human who is really old and 2-4 ft tall. Aren't all apostles physically "super powered"?

That's a really irrelevant comparison. Members of the God Hand are not super apostles. Their power does not lie in their physical strength.

Clawed The Bum said:
I said it would be cool Femto killed Ganishka physically, I never said he is going to do it, or even had the ability to do it.

What would be cool about it exactly? Ganishka is a towering pile of flesh, infinitely bigger than Femto. How is he supposed to kill him physically? By clawing, uh? :schierke:

Dani

Smile!
That's why I'm so damn exited about the things that await the group in Elfhelm...and that's what remebers me of the fact that we have to wait two months for he next chapter. -_-" Which most likely is the start of a long Storyline that takes place in Vritanis...bye bye Elfhelm, we'll see you in vol 30...*sigh* Waiting is torture...

Has it really been that long since Guts and co left for Elfhelm?

Whatever, I don't want this epic meet up to be rushed. Take a year or two or whatever. Skullknight needs to go down, hard. I want to enjoy every moment and panel of it. Hope they kick his horse too. No horse should look that bad ass.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Jaze1618 said:
Whose to say they have any physical like super powers?

I know we may get to see very shortly in coming episodes but do they really need to be super powered fighting machines? Most of them do not look like they are made for that. Can you imagine Void engaging in fisticuffs? Yea he's got pretty good reach with those arms, but.... I just think that all of the god hand may be beyond the need for any of that.

Ha ha, well, all this madness did make me think about how Slan "physically," if you can call it that, dominated Guts when they met in Qliphoth. That somewhat belies the above-it-all dignity they usually carry, and isn't something I think we really keep in the front of our minds; like, she just kicked his ass around like a rag doll before Skull Knight showed up, nothing fancy. Definitely one of the more unique interactions in the series, seeing a God Hand get down and dirty. :slan: :SK:

Dani said:
Skullknight needs to go down, hard. I want to enjoy every moment and panel of it. Hope they kick his horse too. No horse should look that bad ass.

I've said so myself, but I don't know if I could really bear to see it happen. :judo:
Well, ok, I could. :griffnotevil:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dani said:
Has it really been that long since Guts and co left for Elfhelm?

The journey started in episode 184, published in 2001.

Griffith said:
Ha ha, well, all this madness did make me think about how Slan "physically," if you can call it that, dominated Guts when they met in Qliphoth. That somewhat belies the above-it-all dignity they usually carry, and isn't something I think we really keep in the front of our minds; like, she just kicked his ass around like a rag doll before Skull Knight showed up, nothing fancy. Definitely one of the more unique interactions in the series, seeing a God Hand get down and dirty. :slan: :SK:

Well Slan sure isn't the character I most associate "dignity" with. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dani said:
Skullknight needs to go down, hard. I want to enjoy every moment and panel of it. Hope they kick his horse too. No horse should look that bad ass.
Fuck off with this nonsense. :puck:

How can you not like SK? And where do you get off wishing for the death of the namesake of this website, anyway? :azan:

Anyway people, regarding 304, if it's a normal week, we should get something at the earliest Tuesday and the latest Thursday.

Griffith

Walter said:
Fuck off with this nonsense. :puck:

How can you not like SK? And where do you get off wishing for the death of the namesake of this website, anyway? :azan:

Sing it, Skully! :guts:

:SK:

I'm going down
Down, down, down, down, down
I'm going down
Down, down, down, down, down
yes I am

:badbone:

C'mon, seriously, aren't you the least bit curious to see someone do more to Skully than just mark his shield? :zodd: :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
C'mon, seriously, aren't you the least bit curious to see someone do more to Skully than just mark his shield?
I suppose I can understand the morbid curiosity of it. But Dani wants to "enjoy every moment and panel" of his death. That, I just find sickening for such an awesome character.

Griffith

Walter said:
I suppose I can understand the morbid curiosity of it. But Dani wants to "enjoy every moment and panel" of his death. That, I just find sickening for such an awesome character.

Well, he didn't explicitly say his death, just seeing Skully taken down, and with a wink towards his and even his horse's badassness. I don't want him to die either, but it would certainly add to the awesomeness of his character to have him humanized that way (like Guts), that's what makes it so attractive an idea in fact, the same way it would be cool to see Skully leave a mark on Femto.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
Well, he didn't explicitly say his death, just seeing Skully go down. I don't want him to die either, but it would certainly add to the awesomeness of his character to have him humanized that way

Yea but wouldn't everyone rather have Femto go down and have him be more humanized? I'd rather see Femto crawling on the ground with Skully standing there with one foot on his head, even though that not going to happen, I'd still rather see that. We should all be rooting for Skullknight :azan:

Top Bottom