Episode 304

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Summary's up:

Rough translation: Basically, SK's strike hit Ganishka (and cut him in half) because Femto distorted space, using his powers to avoid the blow. There's something about the combination of causality with Ganishka's second transmutation that results in a "door" opening. Ganishka turns into light, which is what he longed for. Ganishka's light wraps the world, and a new world appears.

Miura says that the chapter that he was the busiest with and that progressed the slowest is finally finished! (He means the Chapter of Falconia, for those who still have trouble making the episode/chapter difference.) If we're lucky, that'll mean less extended breaks.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
To quote what I said earlier, "Hooooooooooly shit." :isidro:

The only part that makes sense to me right now through various awful web translations is "the door opens..." "a new world appears."

From what I've understood so far, this episode is going to rock the fucking boat on Berserk principles.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for posting the summary, Aaz! Major props to Miura for making this chapter so awesome and working so hard on it!  I can't wait to see the episode! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Preview2Ep304.jpg

The double page spread of Ganishka opening up leaves me speechless.

PS: No sign of Rakshas.

Ganishka became the 'light' he hoped to be.
His 'light' engulfed the world, and the 'new world' shall appear.

I recognize most of those characters, but I'm sure I'm slightly off.

Awesome looking episode.

Just read the episode. Well it seems Femto just cannot be fucked with. In fact page 5 is a little confusing for me. Not only did Skully's attack have no effect of Femto, it was able to be manipulated? Without the translation I cannot be 100% of what is going on, but I wonder if Skully saw this coming? I kind of doubt it.

Skully's first blunder? (That we've seen at least.)

Looks like the Giant Vortex made an appearance after all. But who knows what it's effect will be. *Age O' Darkness*

Also, the fact that we've yet to see Rakshas makes his presence there all the more mysterious. He was shown for a reason...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Not only did Skully's attack have no effect of Femto, it was able to be manipulated? Without the translation I cannot be 100% of what is going on, but I wonder if Skully saw this coming? I kind of doubt it.

Yes, Femto manipulated space and matter (whatever, really) to avoid the blow. And SK definitely didn't see it coming.

Proj2501 said:
Skully's first blunder? (That we've seen at least.)

I wonder if cutting Ganishka up with the beherit sword was really required or if Femto could have made it all happen anyway. Looking at Femto's eyes on page 06, I'm more in favor of the latter right now. Yet, with the sword being covered with beherits... Who can tell? Maybe it was meant to happen.

Cronus said:
Void did the same thing in Volume 13 when SK attempted to strike him.

Not exactly the same thing, but yeah the result is pretty much the same in the end. Guess those members of the God Hand really don't fuck around, eh? :griffnotevil:

Cronus said:
Void did the same thing in Volume 13 when SK attempted to strike him.

One major difference though Cronus, Skully had been wielding his regular weapon, not the Behelit Sword.

Well that's certainly not what I expected to happen. :serpico:

This is such a massive event. I feel so excited just to be able to see this happen.

Now that Ganishka is "officially" (as far as I know) done in, I feel very proud of Ganishka as a character. For the past year or so, I've felt a sense of dread with every episode that came out. Every time a new one was released, I thought," Great. Ganishka is going to die in this episode in an anticlimactic way." But this is definitely not that. Miura truly does blow me away every. single. time. I can't think of a much better way to die than to become a towering, world-destroying monster that bursts into a massive explosion of light, covering the world.

I think it's great that he was split by Skull Knight's strike. While Femto was "directing" the strike, it's much more comforting to know that technically Skull Knight's strike is the one who ended him instead of Femto overwhelming yet another character/entity.

That just goes to show the genius of Miura. He can create a character that you can connect to on a heart-to-heart level, a character you can back one-hundred percent, and then have that character fail and be destroyed without a trace of bitterness and sadness in the reader/fanboy. Miura is simply amazing.

Thus concludes the eulogy of Ganishka. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Most interesting part of this to me was the "wave" effect the rift had on the people below. The effect looks just like how Schierke and Farnese looked in their astral/spiritual forms. What his bodes for the future and the new world... I don't know.

We also don't know how SK escaped, but I think it's safe to say he'll survive.

Proj2501 said:
One major difference though Cronus, Skully had been wielding his regular weapon, not the Beherit Sword.

I don't really see how that matters. Replace the beherit sword with a Louisville Slugger limited edition and I suspect he would have bent things around just the same :void:

edit: I see what you guys mean, the dimensional cutting portion. Walter set me straight.

Is Femto saying it is a 'manipulation' of time to do that in the frame where he calls SK the 'Knight of Skeleton'? Don't have my references at work to check, haha.

People of Midland bought tickets and... Nothing.
Looks like Ganishka smashed Griff, and one of his little animals fluttered out from the clouds of dust. And then all in bright astral world. No Falcon of Light, breaking off dark clouds. One big cheating?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Knight said:
Looks like Ganishka smashed Griff, and one of his little animals fluttered out from the clouds of dust. And then all in bright astral world. No Falcon of Light, breaking off dark clouds.

Actually, it's very much like the prophecy was described; the black clouds being broken up by the light and enveloping the dark figure which was blocking out even the sun. Hell, given the amazing spectacle we're seeing already, I wouldn't be surprised by some kind of grand Hawk of Light appearance in the next episode.

That was just awesome. Though it seemed this may have been planned. Femto would have been able to kill ganishka but I don't without SK showing up. He wouldn't have had such a huge display of fireworks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abul-Abbas said:
Well that's certainly not what I expected to happen. :serpico:

This is such a massive event. I feel so excited just to be able to see this happen.

Well other than SK's intervention, this is what we'd been expecting all along, isn't it? At least it's what I had been expecting. Ganishka exploded/expanded and the power he had brought back from the abyss of the evil world was released into the world, changing it into a new one. I'm pretty sure if you search a bit you'll find discussions mentioning this exact same thing from a year ago.

Abul-Abbas said:
anticlimactic way

Only an infidel would have believed that. Shame on you. :mozgus:

Walter said:
Most interesting part of this to me was the "wave" effect the rift had on the people below. The effect looks just like how Schierke and Farnese looked in their astral/spiritual forms. What his bodes for the future and the new world... I don't know.

Worlds. Merging? :idea:

Walter said:
We also don't know how SK escaped, but I think it's safe to say he'll survive.

:badbone: As expected. :badbone: All of Femto's power was barely enough to save his life :badbone:. And Zodd's habitual pathetic efforts aren't even worth mentioning. :badbone: (warning: this response may not be 100% objective, not to be taken too seriously)

But seriously: first time we've ever seen Femto looking kind of pissed (page 04). :void: Rough translation of what Femto says: "Wherever time reaches a junction point you appear, the Skull Knight, the one who pursues the God Hand."

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
So what does this mean for the Astral, Mortal and Ideal worlds? Are they just all going to begin to merge into one?

Possibly. It's corporeal, spiritual and ideal, though. Some synonyms can be used but "mortal" is a bit misleading.

Knight said:

Uhhh. I don't think you understand what's happening here. Look at the people's faces.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether Ganishka's explosion will cover the whole world or just a certain extent of the land. Like, an extent covering Midland, Griffith's soon to be kingdom.

Top Bottom