Episode 305

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
How about something with the body of a snake... with The Pontiff's face? :ganishka:

Seaman.jpg

Knight said:
About human's right to choose. Between humanity and evil. I think this philosophical idea is important in Berserk. You don't think so?

I think we've been shown times and times again that humans don't have much of a right to choose anything in Berserk. They endure, they suffer and they die. The strong rules the weak. Do you Griffith asked the residents of the world the permission to do what he just did? Even when it comes to people becoming apostles or members of the God Hand, causality is involved. Especially in such cases actually.

Beherit02.jpg

Remember the text that accompanies this illustration in volume 5?

And how about Apostles? In sacrificial ceremony they have right to choose. In Volume 3 we can see that this right is real.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight said:
And how about Apostles? In sacrificial ceremony they have right to choose. In Volume 3 we can see that this right is real.

The Count existed in the spiritual world since he was already an apostle (not comparable to a normal human), and a sacrificial ceremony might be a time when the very unlikely becomes possible. We don't know. Furthermore, nothing says that his refusal wasn't planned or that it mattered in any way.

he Count existed in the spiritual world since he was already an apostle (not comparable to a normal human), and a sacrificial ceremony might be a time when the very unlikely becomes possible. We don't know. Furthermore, nothing says that his refusal wasn't foreseen or that it mattered in any way.

In episode 142 SK say about God Hand: "...if there's a place where the mind is too strong, they cannot bring their bodies along with them".
So probably "right to choose" is real, and can be used against God's will.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight said:
In episode 142 SK say about God Hand: "...if there's a place where the mind is too strong, they cannot bring their bodies along with them".
So probably "right to choose" is real, and can be used against God's will.

You're not quoting this line correctly, and so what you're saying doesn't make sense. Sounds like you're mistaken about the whole thing to be honest. So with that in mind, I'd appreciate if we got back to episode 305. Like Walter said, this isn't the right thread for me to be explaining this to you.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just great! We get a view of the berserk world from outer space,Guts and Co., and some tail,tentacle of some creature(not sure what it is). For speculation, I"ll say it'll be something similar to the pic below. Who knows for now? Good preview indeed, now just wait a couple of more days and be awed by more of Miura's drawings and story.

anacondaur.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight said:
So there are no words about strong human will on that page?=)

Unfortunately for your theory, no. What SK says is that because the God Hand have such huge spiritual bodies, they cannot manifest in the flesh on the corporeal world. Then he goes on to say that there's an exception to this: once in a thousand years, one of them can be incarnated (what happened to Femto).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
That last page is the most haunting for me. I have utterly no idea what it's of.!

Its the return of... the snake baron! what?! haha

Joke aside I can't wait to see the repercussion of Ganishka's light covering the world. I'm also curious to see if we're gonna see Guts longer than a page or if it's gonna be like when Ganishka when out of his daka machine.

Either way it's just gonna be awesome.

Now what can that snakish tail really be?! :schierke:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I had the feeling a preview of some sort would be waiting when I got into work this morning. That view from space is pretty epic, and what the hell is that thing on the last page?! I can't wait until the raws are released!

P.S. I think Guts is looking healthier, too. He's still pretty thin, but at least his burns look better. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Its the return of... the snake baron! what?! haha

Now what can that snakish tail really be?! :schierke:
I wish you'd quoted the other portion of my post, since it's what I actually think is happening :azan: : astral creatures manifesting in the physical world.

And yeah, I'm deeeeefinitely looking forward to the full 2-page spread of the view from space. Finally, we get a map -- NAY, a GLOBE! -- of the world :ganishka:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I wish you'd quoted the other portion of my post, since it's what I actually think is happening :azan: : astral creatures manifesting in the physical world.

yeah well I must admit that I'm going with your idea about astral creature. I just felt like bringing Mr Snake Baron with us in the thread since he's missing all the fun right now! :guts:

Now I just hope that it's a really big really nice new astral creature that we've never see (which is probably the case since we just got a small glimpse, well I hope)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight said:
Ok, as the end of our discussion, can you write this quote if it has differences from mine?

It's like I just said in my previous post. I'm at work right now so don't expect me to give you the whole page or something (besides, again, this isn't the thread for it). And it's not just "differences"; what you said was completely wrong.

jackson_hurley said:
I'm also curious to see if we're gonna see Guts longer than a page or if it's gonna be like when Ganishka when out of his daka machine.

In all likeliness we'll see the wave of light wash over him and the others.

I was actually hoping the story wouldn't shift back to Guts just yet, there's more I'd like to see with Griffith. Hoping that it's just a one page shot to show the scope of the light and what has happened, but we shall see.

At first glance, I thought the thing in the last panel just looked like netting. But the shape of it, and what looks like belly scales along the bottom make me think it's a creature. Hopefully it's not just an apostle but some other creature manifesting into the world like walter said.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SiRAuron said:
I was actually hoping the story wouldn't shift back to Guts just yet, there's more I'd like to see with Griffith. Hoping that it's just a one page shot to show the scope of the light and what has happened, but we shall see.
Just because it shows one shot of Guts' band doesn't mean the story has switched perspectives. Based on that last page, I'd say it's likely the story will still focus on Griffith until at least the next episode.

Top Bottom