Episode 311

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Land, ho? Or is it just a rock jutting from the ocean. Puck has a spelunker/miner's hat, so I wonder if that means they'll be entering it... ? The pirates are still around, but apparently not the threat in this ep, or they would have made Guts' brand bleed before.

And this chick.. a new character, or another legendary creature/person? Either way, :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Land, ho? Or is it just a rock jutting from the ocean. Puck has a spelunker/miner's hat, so I wonder if that means they'll be entering it... ? The pirates are still around, but apparently not the threat in this ep, or they would have made Guts' brand bleed before.

The ghost ship flees because the sun is rising, apparently. Roderick's ship needs repairs and so they stop by a mysterious island. Puck & Isidro explore a cave and encounter the strange girl while Casca & Farnese find a place where a sort of "sea god" is worshipped.

Walter said:
And this chick.. a new character, or another legendary creature/person? Either way, :ubik:

A sort of siren, making Guts' brand bleed?! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
The thing on the last picture makes me think of a big eye closed...

Yes, Walter commented earlier by IM that it was reminiscent of an incubus with its eye closed.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
A siren only Isidro would be attracted too? If anything, I think the girl might be native to the island.

Yeah, that could be another possibility.
But I've also noticed that she is nude in the first picture that we see of her and on the
second she's wearing a robe, pretty strange, isn't it?

Aazealh said:
Yes, Walter commented earlier by IM that it was reminiscent of an incubus with its eye closed.

Exactly, it looks like an incubus.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, updated preview shows the band on land, and it's a pretty big place too. This may be premature, but it looks to me like they've finally arrived! WOOHOO! :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

But I've also noticed that she is nude in the first picture that we see of her and on the
Yeah, it's a little strange, but at first i thought it could be that since we see her from a distance, her shirt may be somewhat translucent in the sunlight. It'll make more sense when we can see the full ep.

Yeah, it does somewhat resemble it. For reference: (picture of incubi). It would make sense if this was what was making Guts' brand bleed. But a number of things make it NOT make sense... why an incubi here? And why hasn't it disappeared with the appearance of the sun, even if it is in shadows...?

PS: T-minus 5 weeks to "are they still on the island?" complaints.

Man. I can't believe we're seeing land already.

It def. does and the good questions have already been asked about it.
*Wait, it's being fed fish? Is this someone's pet?"
Also, the pirates fled. :ubik:

I didn't want them to bite the dust so soon.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Pretty weird girl that I'm sure hides something. But I don't know if they are on Skelig already, because we can see some kind of miner, and the description doesn't seem to match with the one of Puck, but maybe that's just the coast, it's not clear.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I wouldn't assume this island to be Skellig if I were you.
It looks TO ME like this could be Skellig because one of the preview shots (second below the brand bleeding) shows a very large stretch of mountainous land.

I'll admit, I didn't think this was Skellig either, since it was revealed a little anticlimactically, but that one shot makes me think otherwise.

geo jee

"Almost black..slightly white swordsman."
Walter said:
It looks TO ME like this could be Skellig since one of the preview shots (second below the brand bleeding) shows a very large stretch of mountainous land.

I'll admit, I didn't think this was Skellig either, since it was revealed a little anticlimactically, but that one shot makes me think otherwise.

Walter... Nicely put. I have to agree, but really no assumptions can tell what we are facing here till the EPISODE gets out there...

Yeah, that could be another possibility.

She's probably been swimming or getting ready to go swim, then got dressed cause she didn't wanna be nude infront of people.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DERA said:
She's probably been swimming or getting ready to go swim, then got dressed cause she didn't wanna be nude infront of people.
If she's truly a legendary creature/person, somehow I doubt she'd care enough to be shy about people seeing her naked. But, sure, why not? This girl's clothing is the least of the mysteries on my mind in this episode.

DERA said:

Episode 311 and somebody skinny dipping in it? Might there be a connection? :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
What if that girl is somehow related with the mysterious child? Yes it's a crazy idea, but her eyes looks similar. :azan:
Similar as in they both have big, child-like eyes? Like most every other child portrayed in Berserk? I think you're reaching a little bit with this notion...

Walter said:
If she's truly a legendary creature/person, somehow I doubt she'd care enough to be shy about people seeing her naked. But, sure, why not? This girl's clothing is the least of the mysteries on my mind in this episode.

She doesn't stirke me as anything legendary...just a little odd. She also seems to be awed when she sees Puck on top of Isidro's head.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DERA said:
She doesn't stirke me as anything legendary...just a little odd. She also seems to be awed when she sees Puck on top of Isidro's head.
Well, if she's something like a Siren then that's what I mean by "legendary." One of many new creatures/people that appeared following the worlds merging.

Yeah, I got that :serpico:
What I meant was that she doesn't really seem to behave like a mythical creature, more like a regular curious girl and she seems to be really surprised when she sees Puck, as if she hasn't seen anything like it before.

Top Bottom