Episode 313

Dar Klink said:
Oh yeah! I think I saw that in this awesome manga called Berserk! volume 28 :troll:

Well, I meant on a much more grand scale such as the scene I'm referring to in Gears of War 2. That was honestly one of the goriest things I've ever seen in any medium ever.

Spoilers if you haven't played Gears 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGEa4v8oAmk&feature=related

"I'm coughing up blood that ain't mine" :sad:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
That image is one of the pull-out posters inside Volume 34. But you guys already knew that, right? :carcus:
You mean at the 3D art display? Yeah, I knew that, I just really wish I could actually go see it! Or at least know how they were displaying it to call it "3D."
CowTip said:
Well, I meant on a much more grand scale such as the scene I'm referring to in Gears of War 2. That was honestly one of the goriest things I've ever seen in any medium ever.

Spoilers if you haven't played Gears 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGEa4v8oAmk&feature=related

"I'm coughing up blood that ain't mine" :sad:

Ah, okay, that would be pretty intersting... SPLAT Sea God everywhere! :ganishka:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
That image is one of the pull-out posters inside Volume 34. But you guys already knew that, right? :carcus:

It probably my favorite poster that he's done. I'd love to be able to use it for my avatar, but I haven't found a decent scan of it online and my scanner at home is currently broken. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be able to remove the line in the middle once it was scanned.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
You mean at the 3D art display? Yeah, I knew that, I just really wish I could actually go see it! Or at least know how they were displaying it to call it "3D."

Yeah I'm also curious about what technology they use and what the end result looks like.

Rhombaad said:
It probably my favorite poster that he's done. I'd love to be able to use it for my avatar, but I haven't found a decent scan of it online and my scanner at home is currently broken. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be able to remove the line in the middle once it was scanned.

Maybe I'll add it to the forum's avatars if you want it so badly. Its width might not make it the most suitable though.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Isma is far more well tangible than any other elemental or astral being we've seen if we assume the village has been normal every non-full moon day before the wave. Would her mother be just as invisible to most people as say Puck and Ivarella? The war with the Sea God is what concerns me the most, it proves that astral beings are at least concerned with the real world. I could see Elfhelm showing great concern for current events which was something I was unsure of until now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
Isma is far more well tangible than any other elemental or astral being we've seen if we assume the village has been normal every non-full moon day before the wave.

Aside from what Walter pointed out about her being half-human, other astral beings like trolls were tangible enough in Enoch. You shouldn't equate every creature inhabiting the (former) astral world with elemental spirits like the Lord of the Rotten Roots. Remember that the astral world is organized in layers, some very close to the corporeal world and some really far from it.

Okin said:
Would her mother be just as invisible to most people as say Puck and Ivarella?

Possibly, in the same specific context that makes certain people unable to notice elves. But people on that small island still worship an ancient God and so I highly doubt it would be the case for them.

Okin said:
The war with the Sea God is what concerns me the most, it proves that astral beings are at least concerned with the real world.

Well don't forget that the "real world" and the astral world are one and the same now, at least to some extent, and that it might have been the same back when the war against the Sea God happened. Besides, if the Sea God was emptying the ocean of all life I'm sure it threatened astral and material beings alike, especially since it is an astral being itself.

What I wonder about is their sentiment toward humans and their global influence over the worlds, in particular that of the God Hand.

everymonday

If you understand this pic...
I wonder from where villagers are going to summon or wake the God of Sea up - if the astral and the real worlds have been already merged, then it's meant that its body is somewhere on the island (or under it). Note that his cave was kind of deserted.

Because of the Lovecraftian nature of this story I think the God will be summoned from the depths of sea. It is also possible that this badass is of an island size or is the island itself :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
everymonday said:
I wonder from where villagers are going to summon or wake the God of Sea up - if the astral and the real worlds have been already merged, then it's meant that its body is somewhere on the island (or under it). Note that his cave was kind of deserted
It'll probably be the cave, given the foreshadowing thus far. Remember, Isma stopped Isidro before he went in too deep, and Schierke was turned away by the sea cucumber arms when she tried to venture into it. Adding to that, Isma said she can hear sounds from deep inside the cave.

Once the Old god is released, the logical thing it should do is to dive to the dephs of the sea again. There it would be unreachable for Gutts & co, so I'm guessing that they will be able to stop the revival cerimony and strike it while it's still sealed or some heavy mermaid help will be required.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
pjboom said:
Once the Old god is released, the logical thing it should do is to dive to the dephs of the sea again. There it would be unreachable for Guts & co, so I'm guessing that they will be able to stop the revival cerimony and strike it while it's still sealed or some heavy mermaid help will be required.
So, you think a SEA GOD, finally reawakened after years of sleep, would feel threatened by a few eccentric humans and run away to a safe place?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
everymonday said:
I wonder from where villagers are going to summon or wake the God of Sea up - if the astral and the real worlds have been already merged, then it's meant that its body is somewhere on the island (or under it). Note that his cave was kind of deserted.

Because of the Lovecraftian nature of this story I think the God will be summoned from the depths of sea.

The Sea God is imprisoned on the island, and like Walter said you should expect it to be in that cave (keep in mind we don't know how deep it is). Isma said so when she first met Isidro, and we've seen that it's guarded by its minions. So far everything points there.

Walter said:
Schierke was turned away by the sea cucumber arms when she tried to venture into it.

"Turn away" is quite the euphemism, actually I'd say she was viciously attacked by surprise and I believe the intent was to kill her. She was only going after Isidro in the first place and that's probably why she didn't venture deeper in: because she never meant to, only going as far as he had himself. All of this to say that she oddly still hasn't commented on it, nor reflected on the way Isma appeared to her at first glance (though Isma's revelation of her origins may have preempted it).

Anyway, I was thinking back to what you said about the Sea God talking, and man now I do hope it'll say something. It potentially could give us a lot of insight into the astral world or ancient history. Maybe even into other powerful astral beings?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Walter said:
So, you think a SEA GOD, finally reawakened after years of sleep, would feel threatened by a few eccentric humans and run away to a safe place?

Maybe not run away so much as go to its home turf to make an appearance at the council of Big Evil Sea Stuff or something. HAY GUYS GUESSSS WHO IS RELEASSSED?

Most people have been speculating that the sea god is Gut's next big battle where he triumphs eventually. Is this going to be true though? The mer creatures were capable of declaring war against the sea god, but were unable to destroy this sea god. And they likely had magic at their disposal, seeing as Isma's mother imparted warding runes on her cabin. I was speculating that perhaps the mer creatures ran out of time in their war and sealing this sea god was the best they could do in the time frame they had.

Lithrael said:
Maybe not run away so much as go to its home turf to make an appearance at the council of Big Evil Sea Stuff or something. HAY GUYS GUESSSS WHO IS RELEASSSED?

ahahaha, reminds me of "Family Guy"'s type of humour

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DetriusXii said:
Most people have been speculating that the sea god is Guts next big battle where he triumphs eventually. Is this going to be true though? The mer creatures were capable of declaring war against the sea god, but were unable to destroy this sea god. And they likely had magic at their disposal, seeing as Isma's mother imparted warding runes on her cabin. I was speculating that perhaps the mer creatures ran out of time in their war and sealing this sea god was the best they could do in the time frame they had.

The circumstances are peculiar in the present case, with the Sea God being restrained in some way. That might imply that it is less powerful and more vulnerable than it would have been without the merrows' intervention. That being said, at this point there's no telling whether Guts & friends will be able to defeat it, how they will go about it, and whether or not they will have to pay a price for it.

Aazealh said:
In this issue Miura commented on the 3D exhibition that took place in Shanghai. He seems quite enthusiastic about it, saying that maybe one day all manga will be available in 3D.
Long time no talk here. How are you going everybody. I visited the exhibition at the last day and ...at the last minute. When i arrived there, it almostly closed and the staffs' packaging up those pictures. But fortunately, there still one of the pic hang on the wall while no special but just a very old art work of Miura with some words of the topic and new technology which can be used to make the flat pic to the 3D visible style. There should be one of the finished 3D art work displayed on the video, but i could not watch that. Here's the link of one Chinese Fan's blog (http://hi.baidu.com/yula%BF%FE/blog/item/a40a057ea8a846350cd7da2b.html), you can find some information and pictures from there.

By the way, very exciting episode. :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
blueberserk said:
Long time no talk here. How are you going everybody. I visited the exhibition at the last day and ...at the last minute. When i arrived there, it almostly closed and the staffs' packaging up those pictures. But fortunately, there still one of the pic hang on the wall while no special but just a very old art work of Miura with some words of the topic and new technology which can be used to make the flat pic to the 3D visible style. There should be one of the finished 3D art work displayed on the video, but i could not watch that. Here's the link of one Chinese Fan's blog (http://hi.baidu.com/yula%BF%FE/blog/item/a40a057ea8a846350cd7da2b.html), you can find some information and pictures from there.

Hey blueberserk, thanks for the link! Too bad you couldn't view the pictures in 3D though, I wonder what it was like.

Aazealh said:
Hey blueberserk, thanks for the link! Too bad you couldn't view the pictures in 3D though, I wonder what it was like.
If you watched AVATOR in 3D MAX cinema with a pair of glasses, you can understand what that feels like. I heard from a friend that you also need to wear special glasses to watch the 3D pictures displayed on TV, and it's a still picture.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
blueberserk said:
Aww you lucky guy(well, for getting to see that much), looks like they displayed it on a tv? Or was that just the video explaining how they did it? I would have loved to see Josuke popping out at me. :judo: Seeing art as detailed as Miura's and Araki's in 3D sounds so amazing, maybe someday they'll make a similar exhibit here in the US. :puck:

Dar Klink said:
Aww you lucky guy(well, for getting to see that much), looks like they displayed it on a tv? Or was that just the video explaining how they did it? I would have loved to see Josuke popping out at me. :judo: Seeing art as detailed as Miura's and Araki's in 3D sounds so amazing, maybe someday they'll make a similar exhibit here in the US. :puck:
:judo: To be honest, i was quite unlucky man...When i got there, only left me one pic but spend me the money to cross through Shanghai from east to west by taxi.
I have experienced about this kind of 3D movie when i visited the Shanghai World Expo 2010 few weeks ago. The effect impacts me a lot. It's vivid and looks like it will jump out or dash to your face at that moment. If Miura can make the whole berserk episodes into 3D, that will be unbelievable fantasy. You know, one of my best dream is to be the sponsor of Berserk movie and make it as the most fabulous Fantasy movie of the world even far beyond the Lord of the rings :ganishka:

Have to go sleep, 2:30 a.m. here... Hope I can get up on time to work...good night guys. (Maybe good morning or afternoon there? :???:)

Top Bottom