Episode 313

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
blueberserk said:
If you watched AVATOR in 3D MAX cinema with a pair of glass, you can understand what that feels like. I heard from a friend that, you also need to take a special glass to watch the 3D Pic which displayed in TV, and it's a stilled picture.

Yeah, I'm not so curious about the TV's 3D display technology but rather about the way they render the 2D paintings into 3D.

Well, does anyone remember the old 3d image "magic eye" techniques that were all the rage and in the weekend newspapers in the US back in the 2nd quarter of the 1990's?

I wonder if the technology has been vastly improved?
http://snapshotsofgod.com/images/magiceye.gif
(it's a heart)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
Well, does anyone remember the old 3d image "magic eye" techniques that were all the rage and in the weekend newspapers in the US back in the 2nd quarter of the 1990's?

I wonder if the technology has been vastly improved?
http://snapshotsofgod.com/images/magiceye.gif
(it's a heart)

Those are tricks of the eye, I wouldn't even call it a "technology".

Aazealh said:
Those are tricks of the eye, I wouldn't even call it a "technology".

Surely there is technology in the computer aided design and algorithm to create the pattern.

Actually I could use some clarification in this area, specifically the 3-D art that was just featured in Japan.. Did it require any special glasses to see the 3-D effects? Otherwise wouldn't it just be a more sophisticated trick of the eye?

You'll have to excuse me, as this is my only prior exposure to 3-D still images

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry for my confusion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
Surely there is technology in the computer aided design and algorithm to create the pattern.

That's stretching the use of the word here. It's more of an optical illusion than anything else and I'm not sure a computer is even necessarily needed to produce one. In any case it's not related at all.

Jaze1618 said:
Actually I could use some clarification in this area, specifically the 3-D art that was just featured in Japan.. Did it require any special glasses to see the 3-D effects? Otherwise wouldn't it just be a more sophisticated trick of the eye?

It was featured in Shanghai actually, which as you know is in China. The pictures were displayed on a 3D-abled TV, and according to blueberserk it used the technology that requires specific, expensive glasses. The technique used to produce the 3D itself is stereoscopy, which involves 2 slightly different pictures being shown to each eye. You can easily find more information about it with a simple Internet search.

I have this feeling, that the island won't survive the awakening of the sea god:
It is supposed to be of a massive size, for all we know it could be much bigger than the island itself if the cave goes deep enough into the sea.
It has been prisoned in that cave for who knows how long.
If i were this god, I'd just shrug this petty island off of me like a pile of sand.

Maybe as a result, our group will end up shipwrecked at the shores of elfhelm?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Yeah, could be. That presumes that Skellig is very close though.

Anyway, that's what I've been hoping for, myself. If they were to become stranded there, there's an increased chance they'll stay longer. Still, I'd feel bad for a sea-faring guy like Roderick to be confined to land for an indeterminate amount of time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Still, I'd feel bad for a sea-faring guy like Roderick to be confined to land for an indeterminate amount of time.

I'm sure he'd manage if that meant more time with Farnese. :slan:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Gaahl said:
I have this feeling, that the island won't survive the awakening of the sea god:
It is supposed to be of a massive size, for all we know it could be much bigger than the island itself if the cave goes deep enough into the sea.
It has been prisoned in that cave for who knows how long.
If i were this god, I'd just shrug this petty island off of me like a pile of sand.

also the island is puny according to Isidro who climbed to the top of the island and was able to see the whole island.
Aazealh said:
I'm sure he'd manage if that meant more time with Farnese. :slan:
I'm more interested in a recovered Casca and Guts solo time. :carcus:

also, i was stung by a stingray today, by stepping on it. (it hurts) :sad:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Truder said:
also, i was stung by a stingray today, by stepping on it. (it hurts) :sad:
I'm afraid that wasn't a stingray, but an arm of the Sea God. Don't panic when your skin starts to scale over and your eyes begin to bulge from your skull.
You may feel inclined to wander around taverns at night mumbling about a ceremony. This is normal, and should go away after you've been cleaved in two pieces. :guts:

That sucks, dude. Hope it heals up okay!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
For those interested, Miura will participate as a guest in YA Arasi #9 (released on August 6th). Not sure what that entails.

The fish people mouths remind me of worms we studied in microbiology(sea cucumbers are sorta related.. :ubik:) Also, has anyone ever read H.P. Lovecraft? This sea god stuff reminds me alot of his story about dagon. there was a shitty straight to video move about it as well. Wasn't nearly as detailed as berserk but did have some nice faces getting ripped off scenes.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aazealh said:
For those interested, Miura will participate as a guest in YA Arasi #9 (released on August 6th). Not sure what that entails.

Cool, maybe another design like he did before. Looking foward to see what he does :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Cool, maybe another design like he did before. Looking foward to see what he does :guts:

Same here, I'll buy the magazine to check it out. And while we're at it, episode 315 will be in the next next YA (#15, released on July 23rd).

I know it sounds a bit stupid, but it would be possible that the sea god is the island. And the island is maybe a tortoise. On the island were no trees as i could recall.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kaimera said:
I know it sounds a bit stupid, but it would be possible that the sea god is the island. And the island is maybe a tortoise. On the island were no trees as i could recall.

Nah it doesn't sound stupid; in fact several people (myself included) speculated that it could be something of the sort. But for now I think we ought to wonder first and foremost what is hiding inside the ghost ship. I'll be laughing my ass off if it turns out to be a monstrous hermit crab. :void:

Top Bottom