Episode 315

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Think it might be some sort of anime info?

I highly doubt it.

And for the record, I saw Isma as a blonde at first, like Griffith. Her hair is very much like algae though, so the color makes perfect sense.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Gobolatula said:
The blue hair is an interesting choice. For some reason I imagined her as a redhead. Great choice though!
like griffith, i thought she was (dark) blond, red hair would have been my second guess. If Isma joins the group permanently, Guts' Crew will be very colorful :ganishka:

wait.. do we know what Roderick's hair color is? hope it isn't purple or something :troll:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Isma's "unusual" hair color has got to be some sort of indicator that she's not your average person. I'm definitely thinking it has something to do with her connection with the Merrows. Schierke's green hair probably has something to do with her being a witch. Griffith has white hair, which isn't too unusual, but it is for someone as young as he is. But he's got this whole thing with destiny or something.

I think the point I'm making is that I don't think there are Berserk characters with "strange" hair colors that aren't somehow beyond normal perceived human ability. I could be wrong.

P

Pez

Aazealh said:
Volume 35 features a color illustration of Isma!

I envisioned her hair as being a sort of seaweed green, just because of the way that her hair is drawn it looks as if there is just a clump of t on her head at all times. But now that I have seen this photo I cannot think of her any other way. The only problem I have is with her feet: they look like rubber flippers for swimming. Though, perhaps that is either my perceiving her as being connected to water or just a strange thing Miura did on purpose for who knows why :void:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Gobolatula said:
I think the point I'm making is that I don't think there are Berserk characters with "strange" hair colors that aren't somehow beyond normal perceived human ability. I could be wrong.
If that were the case, Guts would have Super Saiyan colored hair :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Isma's "unusual" hair color has got to be some sort of indicator that she's not your average person. I'm definitely thinking it has something to do with her connection with the Merrows.

Obviously. It goes along with the rest of her actually (her eyes, how her hair is reminiscent of seaweed).

Gobolatula said:
Schierke's green hair probably has something to do with her being a witch. Griffith has white hair, which isn't too unusual, but it is for someone as young as he is. But he's got this whole thing with destiny or something. I think the point I'm making is that I don't think there are Berserk characters with "strange" hair colors that aren't somehow beyond normal perceived human ability. I could be wrong.

Let's not get too carried away with the interpretations. I mean Flora didn't have an extraordinary hair color and she was a witch too. The fact is few characters have uncommon hair colors, so I think it's precocious to try to find a deeper meaning for it other than the fact Miura personally chooses them according to each character he creates.

Pez said:
The only problem I have is with her feet: they look like rubber flippers for swimming. Though, perhaps that is either my perceiving her as being connected to water or just a strange thing Miura did on purpose for who knows why :void:

I also think her feet look a little like fins in that angle, and I'm quite certain Miura did it deliberately. It hints at her Merrow heritage and at the fact she's spent most of her life in the water.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I also assumed Isma would be a blond. I'm pretty happy with the color Miura chose, it really works well with the theme of Isma. Can't wait to get a hold of my volume 35 and see the other side of the poster!

Jesterhead said:
I also assumed Isma would be a blond. I'm pretty happy with the color Miura chose, it really works well with the theme of Isma. Can't wait to get a hold of my volume 35 and see the other side of the poster!

I originally thought red head, like another poster earlier in this thread.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I always pictured Isma with sea green hair, so I didn't think anything of it when I first saw the poster. For some reason I remember being startled when I saw Vol. 24's cover. I had never pictured Farnese and Serpico's hair color as blond, nor Isidro's as red. To be honest, I hadn't thought about their hair color at all while reading the manga. When Vol. 25 came out and I saw Schierke's hair color, I knew all bets were off, haha.

I think this is a good indication that Isma will be sticking around for a while. What do you guys think?

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Rhombaad said:
I think this is a good indication that Isma will be sticking around for a while. What do you guys think?

I think this simply means that she will have a larger role to play than other new characters Guts and co. has met during their travels. I can't say for certain that she'll be around for a long time, but I now believe she will be of some significance to the story as a whole. But then again, I wouldn't put to much importance on the free mini-poster.

Or, Miura just wanted to paint a picture of her :troll:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Do you think there's a chance we'll see Griffith and company for an episode or two during the Elf Island Chapter? I hope we get some glimpse of his rule while Guts and his crew are away. I love how good Miura is with cliffhangers. Right when things have reached the peak of excitement, he cuts away to the other group. :void:

Rhombaad said:
Do you think there's a chance we'll see Griffith and company for an episode or two during the Elf Island Chapter? I hope we get some glimpse of his rule while Guts and his crew are away. I love how good Miura is with cliffhangers. Right when things have reached the peak of excitement, he cuts away to the other group. :void:

I do. Probably after this whole "Sea God" incident, unless he waits until the group gets to Elf Helm and then cuts away :troll:.

I'm thinking something along the lines of when Guts' group first started traveling together, how it cut to the band of the hawk (Vol 23, if I'm not mistaken). I'm hoping we get to see something cool, like that time (Griffith surrounded by the dead). :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Do you think there's a chance we'll see Griffith and company for an episode or two during the Elf Island Chapter?

During the entire chapter? Yeah, I think so.

That being said, I would also enjoy not seeing anything until the band returned there. Would make their own surprise at the changes all the more powerful to the reader. But that can be achieved even if we get a glimpse, it all depends on how it's done (and I'm not worried about that).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

That being said, I would also enjoy not seeing anything until the band returned there. Would make their own surprise at the changes all the more powerful to the reader. But that can be achieved even if we get a glimpse, it all depends on how it's done (and I'm not worried about that).

Yeah, I think we might get an episode or two here and there, but it'll stick with Guts and his comrades for the most part until their inevitable return to Midland. However, as you said, there's always the possibility we won't see anything until they return.

P

Pez

Aazealh said:

I would not mind seeing anything Griffith for a while. I think their return will be more meaningful if the return to this new world with a rejuvenated Casca. That way maybe she won't feel so left out and isolated to the rapid changes, because it will affect everyone?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pez said:
I think their return will be more meaningful if the return to this new world with a rejuvenated Casca.

That's the plan. :guts:

By the way, news from our frontline reporter Gobolatula: volume 35 has a preview of episode 316 (the usual preview of the next volume); in it we see Guts slicing sea slugs and a shot of Schierke's astral body, about to dive in. We also see Guts' vision from within the armor, looking at his friends in a shot reminiscent of volume 28, with a small panel imbricated into it that shows the armor's "eye" from the outside. As for the other side of the color poster, it's a close-up of the ghost ship and its crew.

If you want to see it for yourselves, then just buy the volume like you should have already. :casca:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Yes, these are very promising shots at the end of 35. Schierke flying in, with a look of intense worry on her face.

As for the berserker-vision, it definitely worries me. I have a feeling somebody's gonna die. My worst fear is that Guts kills Roderick. It would be terrible.

Every time Schierke dives in, she has to "wake him up" in a unique challenging way. I really hope she pulls through in time.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
we see Guts slicing sea slugs and a shot of Schierke's astral body, about to dive in. We also see Guts' vision from within the armor, looking at his friends in a shot reminiscent of volume 28, with a small panel imbricated into it that shows the armor's "eye" from the outside.
Wow, lots of happenings. Schierke's going to attempt the long-distance merge. I'm sure that's going to cause trouble for Isidro and Isma, having to guard her from any incoming attacks.

I wonder if all those scenes are going to be laden in 316, or if what's previewed is actually from another episode up.

My vol 35 is en route now. Kinokuniya to the rescue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I wonder if all those scenes are going to be laden in 316, or if what's previewed is actually from another episode up.

I think it's from 316 yeah. Volumes 33 & 34 also had previews from the episode that came right after, and the panels shown look like a direct continuation of episode 315.

Top Bottom