Episode 315

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I knew physical distance shouldn't be such an issue with out of body experiences. :ganishka:

Seriously though, I'm sure it still will be, I wonder if Schierke will be able to get cut through the turbulence of the armor and fully reach Guts like she has before, or if the "connection" will be weak, or her power stretched thin, due to her projecting from so far away already.

Gobolatula said:
I have a feeling somebody's gonna die. My worst fear is that Guts kills Roderick. It would be terrible.
Holy crap if that really happened I'd be shocked. He is such a likeable guy. And wow imagine the trouble of getting the rest of the crew on board with sailing to elfhelm after that?

I guess everyone from the crew could get wiped out in this sea god battle, (sparing azan of course :azan:) Leaving the seahorse all to Guts and crew. Oh well I doubt things will swing that way. But that certainly would be unexpected to leave that island with so few people.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I guess everyone from the crew could get wiped out in this sea god battle, (sparing azan of course :azan:) Leaving the seahorse all to Guts and crew. Oh well I doubt things will swing that way. But that certainly would be unexpected to leave that island with so few people.

If it happened I doubt they could leave. A ship like that doesn't run itself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I think it's from 316 yeah. Volumes 33 & 34 also had previews from the episode that came right after, and the panels shown look like a direct continuation of episode 315.
That's true. Just, judging from what Gobs posted it sounded like a lot of action for a short preview. That's all.

Griffith

If Schierke is somehow handcuffed by her physical distance from Guts, I wonder if she could be more vulnerable if she's not careful. Whether that means she could somehow be expelled as she was when Ganishka struck Guts with lightning, or conversely if she'd be more susceptible to getting caught up in the flow of the armor herself (kind of the opposite of what happened in Vritannis, and reminiscent of her losing control in Enoch, only under much worse circumstances).

Careful Schierke, if you hear any chains rattling inside Guts' conscience, make sure you're out of their reach. :beast:

schierkebeast.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That picture reminds me, one thing I'm really interested in is Schierke diving into the astral world now that everything's changed. Will anything be different? Also, it'd be great if she witnesses anything strange about the island while looking with her astrally-sensitive vision.

Jaze1618 said:
Holy crap if that really happened I'd be shocked. He is such a likeable guy. And wow imagine the trouble of getting the rest of the crew on board with sailing to elfhelm after that?

I agree with you here. I'd be devastated if Roderick were killed. He's such a great character. One of my favorites, for sure.

Walter said:
Also, it'd be great if she witnesses anything strange about the island while looking with her astrally-sensitive vision.

Like some kind of glimpse of the sea god itself? I'd love to see that. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Based on the fact that some of episode 316 is finished, is it possible we'll see it in YA #21? Or do you think Miura finished the page specifically for Vol. 35?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
That picture reminds me, one thing I'm really interested in is Schierke diving into the astral world now that everything's changed. Will anything be different?

Hmm, I don't think we'll see anything special since she's going after Guts specifically, especially since they're on a barren island. However:

Walter said:
Also, it'd be great if she witnesses anything strange about the island while looking with her astrally-sensitive vision.

Indeed!

Rhombaad said:
Based on the fact that some of episode 316 is finished, is it possible we'll see it in YA #21?

It might very well be the case, but nothing's sure at this point.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dembol said:
Official twitter stated that Berserk will resume publication n the YA published on the 23rd of October.
Thanks for the heads up. It's also good to see that the twitter account is being used for more than promotion of the anime project.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Dembol said:
Official twitter stated that Berserk will resume publication n the YA published on the 23rd of October.

Nice! Thanks for letting us know. But wouldn't it be the 22nd of October? I thought YA always comes out on Fridays in Japan.

Walter said:
It's also good to see that the twitter account is being used for more than promotion of the anime project.

I just wish I hadn't deactivated my old twitter account. My username AND e-mail are bound to it and I can't reactivate my account using my old information. What a shitty system.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Very nice! I didn't even think of having a mini poster of THE BOSS and crew. Here's the two posters cleaned up by board member Hanyaan.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
It's also good to see that the twitter account is being used for more than promotion of the anime project.

Yeah, it's a much needed official link between the fans and the YA staff in charge of Berserk. Should help make the "official corner" (or whatever its new name is) more dynamic and help keep it up to date.

Rhombaad said:
But wouldn't it be the 22nd of October? I thought YA always comes out on Fridays in Japan.

Might just be an error from the Twitter guy. YA comes out on Thursday sometimes when Friday's a holiday, but I don't remember it ever happening on a Saturday.

Griffith

It was indeed a mistake, a correction was tweeted revealing the usual Friday release date, Oct. 22nd.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
It was indeed a mistake, a correction was tweeted revealing the usual Friday release date, Oct. 22nd.

Amateurs. :badbone:

Anyway, like I was telling Rhombaad yesterday (and Walter 4 months ago), I believe we're well engaged to break the current cycle of episode releases slowing down. I think we'll get back to 2008's count (9 episodes). Maybe even beat it, if we get four episodes in a row.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Anyway, like I was telling Rhombaad yesterday (and Walter 4 months ago), I believe we're well engaged to break the current cycle of episode releases slowing down. I think we'll get back to 2008's count (9 episodes). Maybe even beat it, if we get four episodes in a row.

I hope that's the case. Now that the worlds have merged and such a major event in Berserk's history has been completed, I think Miura will have an easier time of it for a while. I hope so anyway. He worked his ass off and really delivered.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I hope that's the case. Now that the worlds have merged and such a major event in Berserk's history has been completed, I think Miura will have an easier time of it for a while. I hope so anyway. He worked his ass off and really delivered.

Well there's still Elfhelm coming, and it's going to be a huge turning point in the story.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Well there's still Elfhelm coming, and it's going to be a huge turning point in the story.

Yep, and I expect the releases to slow down again as we get deeper into the Elf Island Chapter. Some pretty epic events are occurring right now and I know Miura will require a lot of planning and development time to do them justice.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Yep, and I expect the releases to slow down again as we get deeper into the Elf Island Chapter. Some pretty epic events are occurring right now and I know Miura will require a lot of planning and development time to do them justice.

Those events are probably what the previous/current breaks have been about. The next breaks will be about the next chapter. :iva:

Top Bottom