Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Title: 満月(1) - Full moon (1)​

Is the Moonlight Boy back again?! Glad to see Isidro protecting Isma. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Title is "Full moon (1)".

It's interesting that Schierke is repulsed. I wonder what the reason is. Just the full moon? Last time the sea played a key role as well. And yeah, that distinctive figure made of light is definitely the Moonlight Boy. He tells Guts to "look at her" (meaning Casca) as he dispels the "blackness" that made her unrecognizable to him.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
This is shaping up to be an amazing episode.
Love seeing Guts take a bite out of some slug eye. :guts: I was wondering why the "mouth" of the armor was fully closed and bloody in the volume 35 preview of this episode.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Damn, I was not expecting the Moonlight Boy to return so soon. That pic of Guts tearing the nudibranch's optical tentacle in half is sick. Miura always comes up with the coolest ways for Guts to tear apart monsters.

I'm not sure why Schierke's astral body can't get close Guts. Is the Moonlight Boy to blame? Maybe he's keeping her away to protect her. It can't be all that safe to mess around with the Berserk armor. Maybe there are dire consequences if she gets absorbed again. She made it out all right in Vritannis, but there's no guarantee that will always be the case. Or is it somehow due to the merging of the worlds? Regardless, I can't wait until Friday.

Oh shit and shinola! Did anyone here theorize about the moonlight boy appearance in recent episode threads? I don't think I thought about it even once. I can't beleive the last few episodes have been dangling all this full moon talk in front of me and I didn't even suspect it.. Loving this preview!

Wow! It's great to see the Moonlight Boy! I wonder if Miura will explain (or hint at) how he ended up on this island in the middle of nowhere. Or if he'll just come and go again.

And it's cool to see Isidro and the Salamander Dagger in action again! :ubik:

X

Xem

I guess there's really not much speculation anymore that we'll probably be seeing the Moonlight Child on full moons at this point. =) Good timing though, it appears the Beast of Darkness decided to pay a visit as well, I wonder if they'll exchange any dialogue?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Fuck yeah! This looks badass. Looks like Isidro's about to get serious with his fire dagger.
Deci said:
Good timing though, it appears the Beast of Darkness decided to pay a visit as well, I wonder if they'll exchange any dialogue?

This would be really interesting to see. I can't imagine him taking kindly to Moonlight boy's Beast-be-gone touch.

Wow, there's so much going on, what an exciting preview!!! :ubik:
I didn't expect the Moonlight Boy to appear at this point. How the hell did he get here? Does it mean that he can come and go as he pleases whenever it is full moon, no matter where Griffith's body is? Or did Griffith come along?
Or am I completely wrong thinking that the boy is Guts' and Casca's son? :???:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Well, color me pumped. :carcus: These previews look even more exciting than usual! I wonder if the Moonlight Boy will arrive alone, or if we can expect some Zodd-shaped cliffs popping up in the next episode. Either way, 316 can't come soon enough.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stud-Horse of Ys said:
Wow! It's great to see the Moonlight Boy! I wonder if Miura will explain (or hint at) how he ended up on this island in the middle of nowhere. Or if he'll just come and go again.

Well at this point we can safely link his appearances with the full moon. Which may sound obvious given his nickname, but we had no clear point of reference previously, since he'd only appeared once. Going with the idea that he is a manifestation of Guts and Casca's child, it might be interesting to remember that the night during which he was swallowed by the Beherit Apostle and used as a vessel for Femto's incarnation had been a full moon as well. Maybe not a coincidence.

And I believe he will leave again soon like he did the last time, though I definitely hope for more interactions (and revelations) this time around. As for his means of transportation... Hard to tell. Maybe he just magically manifests close to where his parents are.

Deci said:
Good timing though, it appears the Beast of Darkness decided to pay a visit as well, I wonder if they'll exchange any dialogue?

The Beast of Darkness is always present in Guts' mind. It's just at the forefront right now because he's using the armor. And similarly, when the boy (or anyone else) speaks to Guts, it can be argued that they speak to the Beast in a way (and vice versa).

Aphasia said:
This would be really interesting to see. I can't imagine him taking kindly to Moonlight boy's Beast-be-gone touch.

What the boy did the first time around wasn't to repel the Beast of Darkness but to shock Guts out of the armor's control. Not the same thing. What limits the Beast here is the chains that represent Guts' bonds to his friends, though we've yet to see if that will change anything.

On another note, I wonder from the preview if the kid is really going to shock Guts again like the last time or if he's going for something else. I get this impression from the fact he reveals Casca for who she is first, then gets his hand close to Guts' face. I wonder if he couldn't be trying to clear the black fluid distorting Guts' vision, something that would allow him to fight without endangering his friends.

Staralfur said:
I didn't expect the Moonlight Boy to appear at this point. How the hell did he get here? Does it mean that he can come and go as he pleases whenever it is full moon, no matter where Griffith's body is? Or did Griffith come along?

That the boy is a transformation of Griffith is just speculation. All we know for sure is that Zodd spied on the boy's first meeting with Guts' group. The rest is unsubstantiated.

Staralfur said:
Or am I completely wrong thinking that the boy is Guts' and Casca's son?

It's unconfirmed, but most people do think he is their son.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
That the boy is a transformation of Griffith is just speculation. All we know for sure is that Zodd spied on the boy's first meeting with Guts' group. The rest is unsubstantiated.

If anything, this recent appearance by the Moonlight Boy makes the idea that he is Griffith transformed even weaker. I still think it's likely he's connected to Griffith in some way (why else would Zodd be observing the group on the cliff?). I just hope we get some information before he vanishes again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Right now I'm just glad we've confirmed that his appearances are related to the full moon. Now we just need to figure out why he first showed up when he did and not before, and... everything else. :void:

Maybe it's the armor and the danger it represents that forces his hand?

Rhombaad said:
I just hope we get some information before he vanishes again.

Given the episode title, I expect there to be a "Full moon (2)". Let's hope. :slan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Right now I'm just glad we've confirmed that his appearances are related to the full moon. Now we just need to figure out why he first showed up when he did and not before, and... everything else. :void:

Let's cut away the stuff we aren't certain about, like what's involved with his ties to Femto's incarnation. Simply put, the Moonlight Boy (how I wish he had a real name...) is a manifestation of Guts and Casca's lost child who protects his parents with supernatural powers when they're in danger. So far, his manifestations have coincided with full moons, and been near the ocean, both of which have significance in the astral world.

As for how he got here, on this isolated island... Well, I don't think it's out of question that the boy retained some of the abilities he used to have as a specter in earlier volumes, such as when he appeared from thin air to protect Casca. Of course, that may have all changed after he was absorbed by the Beherit to be the vessel for Femto ... but if we start thinking of that, we'll get submerged in murky water, and will drown. So... let's skip over that puddle for now!

While it's certainly a welcome surprise to see the boy here, I do wish there was a little more foreshadowing for his appearance. Back when he appeared in Ep. 243, it was blended nicely in with earlier events. Here, he apparently just shows up and does his magic. Obviously I haven't seen the ep yet, but it just seems very sudden. But then again, so was SK's appearance in 303, and that was hardly worth complaining over :badbone:

Similar to that event, I kinda wish this was kept a surprise for when I read the full episode...

Aazealh said:

Given the episode title, I expect there to be a "Full moon (2)". Let's hope. :slan:
Walter said:
Let's cut away the stuff we aren't certain about, like what's involved with his ties to Griffith's incarnation. Simply put, the Moonlight Boy (how I wish he had a real name...) is a manifestation of Guts and Casca's lost child who protects his parents with supernatural powers when they're in danger. So far, his manifestations have coincided with full moons, and been near the ocean, both of which have significance in the astral world.

As for how he got here, on this isolated island... Well, I don't think it's out of question that the boy retained some of the abilities he used to have as a specter in earlier volumes, such as when he appeared from thin air to protect Casca. Of course, that may have all changed after he was absorbed by the Beherit to be the vessel for Griffith ... but if we start thinking of that, we'll get submerged in murky water, and will drown. So... let's skip over that puddle for now!

While it's certainly a welcome surprise to see him here, I do wish there was a little more foreshadowing for his appearance. Back when he appeared in Ep. 243, it was blended nicely in with earlier events. Here, he apparently just shows up and does his magic. Obviously I haven't seen the ep yet, but it just seems very sudden. But then again, so was SK's appearance in 303, and that was hardly worth complaining over :badbone:

Similar to that event, this is one of those surprise scenarios where I wish I wasn't kept so well informed of the content of new episodes before they land...

Edit. I should have read the posts before replying. My train of thought was along a similar/same path as what Aazealh and Walter just stated.

The repeating reference to the full moon is very interesting indeed. The Eclipse, Albion, though it is also interesting that the boy has only made an appearance near the Ocean.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Was the Incarnation at Albion also during a full moon?

Did you bother reading my post?

Aazealh said:
Going with the idea that he is a manifestation of Guts and Casca's child, it might be interesting to remember that the night during which he was swallowed by the Beherit Apostle and used as a vessel for Femto's incarnation had been a full moon as well. Maybe not a coincidence.

P.S. Kind of an afterthought but needless to say, episode 317 will be in the next issue of Young Animal.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:

True, but he could very well disappear in this episode and we could go straight into the Sea God's rebirth ceremony. While the innkeeper never said the full moon was required for the ceremony, I think it's implied. Regardless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the superior being will stick around long enough for us to get a little more out of him.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
What the boy did the first time around wasn't to repel the Beast of Darkness but to shock Guts out of the armor's control. Not the same thing. What limits the Beast here is the chains that represent Guts' bonds to his friends, though we've yet to see if that will change anything.

On another note, I wonder from the preview if the kid is really going to shock Guts again like the last time or if he's going for something else. I get this impression from the fact he reveals Casca for who she is first, then gets his hand close to Guts' face. I wonder if he couldn't be trying to clear the black fluid distorting Guts' vision, something that would allow him to fight without endangering his friends.

I was half-joking with my description, but always good to have a reminder heh-heh. What has me really curious is the panel of Casca running away from Farnese. It looks like she's running to something, and it caught Farnese aware. (see the little "shocked" blip near her head) It looks like there might be an instance where Casca specifically is in danger. I also wonder if the influence of the Moonlight boy will lead to Guts controlling the armor (like towards Ganishka) or coming out of it altogether, back to reality.

There's so much going on all of a sudden. It'll be awesome to see how the Sea God plays into all of this.

EDIT: Whoops lol, I didn't see the translations at the top...I was just going by the preview.

Top Bottom