Episode 320

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Additionally, the next episode will come out in YA#10 , on May 13.

Looks like Guts isn't impressed by the various threats the Sea God poses at the moment. It also appears they're going to target the Sea God's heart. In the second panel, the boss says that they're "now reaching the climax of the ceremony". The panel on the right seems to be depicting the Sea Horse firing its cannons at an onslaught of sea slugs.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
WHOA LOOK AT THOSE BIG ASS BUGS

Also, I wonder why Guts is still on that ship. I thought he catapulted off the captain's face, headed for the mouth of the Sea God.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
WHOA LOOK AT THOSE BIG ASS BUGS

I can't imagine all the stuff he'll find down that thing's throat. :beast:

Gobolatula said:
Also, I wonder why Guts is still on that ship. I thought he catapulted off the captain's face, headed for the mouth of the Sea God.

What if it's another ship, rotting away in the Sea God's mouth?

As for the pirates, I believe they may be leading the assault on the Sea Horse. I think it would be fitting for the pirates to die at Roderick's hand. They were never truly adversaries for Guts, just small fry, and I like the way in which Miura showed it. Guts simply didn't care about them.

Aazealh said:
I can't imagine all the stuff he'll find down that thing's throat. :beast:

I'm thinking about what's the Sea God's digestive system is like. Must have gastric acid like floating lava and tapeworms the size of Akula-class submarines! :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
D-Scape said:
I'm thinking about what's the Sea God's digestive system is like. Must have gastric acid like floating lava and tapeworms the size of Akula-class submarines!

You might not be far from the truth. :zodd:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Holy Isopod! They're attacking!

EPW5l.jpg

It's hard to tell if Guts actually makes it down the Sea God's gullet in this episode.

Gobolatula said:

Maybe Guts got pushed back by another dose of Sea-God breathe?

I never expected the Sea Horse to show up. That's pretty awesome. Go Roderick!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
It's hard to tell if Guts actually makes it down the Sea God's gullet in this episode.

I think the third panel actually takes place inside the Sea God's mouth. Look at the background.

Aphasia said:
I never expected the Sea Horse to show up. That's pretty awesome. Go Roderick!

Well it's still outside, surrounded by Farnese' magical barrier. It's just being attacked as expected.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
I think the third panel actually takes place inside the Sea God's mouth. Look at the background.

I noticed that, except the cropping makes it difficult to tell where they are exactly. It looks like the ship could be right outside the Sea God's mouth too.

Aazealh said:
What if it's another ship, rotting away in the Sea God's mouth?

Do you think there's any chance Captain Sharkrider is pursuing Guts instead? Chasing him into the Sea Gods mouth? That would explain the third panel.

It seems to me that captain was on the lower deck and guts used his squishy face to jump to the upper deck.

Ah I can see it now, Dr. Guts hanging from the monsters's uvula and doing a tonsillectomy.

open wide :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Do you think there's any chance Captain Sharkrider is pursuing Guts instead? Chasing him into the Sea Gods mouth? That would explain the third panel.

It's possible, sure (that was actually my first thought), but I don't think it's the case. If you look at the first panel, Guts is way beyond where the Captain Shark Rider was (as a reminder, that is the ship's name, the "boss" calls himself the "Bearded Skeleton"), seemingly pretty close to the mouth itself. I think the ship would have trouble catching up with Guts compared to the other slugs (or at least no particular advantage over them). Plus, closing the mouth with it inside would mean slicing the slug off the Sea God, possibly killing it? Not the smartest move. And lastly, were would those isopods be coming from if he was on the ghost ship?

MaN said:
It seems to me that captain was on the lower deck and guts used his squishy face to jump to the upper deck.

No, he jumped right past the ship. It was already clear in episode 319...

Wow, this looks like an awesome episode.
I can only guess that Guts is facing more opposition as he planned while advancing towards the mouth. Including some cute Isopods, Fallout style.

Btw: First post in this forum.
Hello everybody! :griffnotevil:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RivFader said:
I can only guess that Guts is facing more opposition as he planned while advancing towards the mouth. Including some cute Isopods, Fallout style.

Yup, and gastric acid, like it was mentioned a few posts ago. But that isn't going to stop Guts. :badbone:

RivFader said:

Hey there, welcome!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Additionally, the next episode will come out in YA#10 , on May 13.

Excellent news, as always.

Eluvei said:
Please don't die Captain...

Technically he's already dead. :iva: Whether or not he'll continue his existence as a Sea God appendage remains to be seen. My guess is Roderick will blow the Bearded Skeleton and his crew to smithereens with the help of the merrows.

Aazealh said:
Yup, and gastric acid, like it was mentioned a few posts ago. But that isn't going to stop Guts. :badbone:

Hey there, welcome!

As if anything could stop Guts...well, except Griffith, the rest of ther God Hand and some other demonesque beings.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

And does anyone else get the feeling that we might not get an episode after 321 comes out on the 13th May?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RivFader said:
And does anyone else get the feeling that we might not get an episode after 321 comes out on the 13th May?

Ohhh, you just arrived and I already dislike you! :iva:

Don't jinx us! :azan:

Aazealh said:

Nah, we'll be alright :serpico:
Usually, the long breaks in the YA episode releases are followed by the several months of steady and stable publication. Based on the pattern that has been going on in the past few years, I'm guessing we'll keep getting new Berserk eps until at least late June/July.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
BayJumper said:
Nah, we'll be alright :serpico:
Usually, the long breaks in the YA episode releases are followed by the several months of steady and stable publication. Based on the pattern that has been going on in the past few years, I'm guessing we'll keep getting new Berserk eps until at least late June/July.

Don't jinx it that way, either. :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BayJumper said:

No offense, but could you please stop pretending to know what you're talking about? You make us look bad in front of RivFader... The pattern is less than 6 consecutive episodes and has been for years. That doesn't mean it won't be broken this time around (one can hope), but according to said pattern there'll be a break before then.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It's that time again already, what a day! I agree with Aaz about the panel with Guts on the rotting ship, my first thought when I saw it was that the background looked like the Sea God's teeth from the inside.

RivFader said:
Wow, this looks like an awesome episode.

Welcome RivFader, nice first post. :guts:

Aazealh said:
It also appears they're going to target the Sea God's heart.
Well, forget a God Hand member, the Idea of Evil itself may be in there! :idea: :troll: :schnoz:

Aazealh said:

Aazealh said:
No offense, but could you please stop pretending to know what you're talking about? You make us look bad in front of RivFader... The pattern is less than 6 consecutive episodes and has been for years. That doesn't mean it won't be broken this time around (one can hope), but according to said pattern there'll be a break before then.

Don't worry. I remain positive despite the bad outlook.
But honestly, with the Berserk movie set into motion I hope Miura can put all his energy into Berserk and deliver some more chapters this time.

Griffith said:
It's that time again already, what a day! I agree with Aaz about the panel with Guts on the rotting ship, my first thought when I saw it was that the background looked like the Sea God's teeth from the inside.

Welcome RivFader, nice first post. :guts:
Well, forget a God Hand member, the Idea of Evil itself may be in there! :idea: :troll: :schnoz:

Thanks, I hope we can get along :iva:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
RivFader said:
But honestly, with the Berserk movie set into motion I hope Miura can put all his energy into Berserk and deliver some more chapters this time.

Hey RivFader! Welcome to the forums!

Just so you know, the segments of the story that appear bimonthly in Young Animal are episodes, not chapters. We are currently on the Chapter of the Elf Island, which in turn is part of the Fantasia Arc.

Rhombaad said:
Hey RivFader! Welcome to the forums!

Just so you know, the segments of the story that appear bimonthly in Young Animal are episodes, not chapters. We are currently on the Chapter of the Elf Island, which in turn is part of the Fantasia Arc.

Thanks, as you might have noticed I used the term episode earlier in the right context. It was just a typo, my bad.
Anyway, I am intrigued. What exactly does the Captain say? I really want to get more information on the Sea God and the mysteries surrounding him while on the other side, I want to get to Elfhelm as soon as possible. Casca somehow regaining her memories (if that is likely, that is) should happen before 2015 in my eyes.

Top Bottom