Episode 321

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Walter said:
Episode looks fantastic. It's nice to see Serpico getting some credit again. My favorite page so far is Isidro giving what looks like a battle cry before the action starts :isidro:

Agreed, that panel is really nice. Isidro has a really grown up look about him there. It looks like he's ready to live up to Guts expectations.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Nah, it looks like he's just carved his way out of the stomach, and is standing on top of it when he encounters those spiders.

For some reason I didn't even think of that. My mind is moving through the Sea God's insides faster than Guts, I guess.

Walter said:
My favorite page so far is Isidro giving what looks like a battle cry before the action starts :isidro:

These kids are growing up too fast. :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Seeing Isidro lead the charge and Azan fighting by his side is definitely the best part, but I want to see the flow of all this action in context or otherwise it seems like a series highlight reel; one of those rare times where I resent the preview.

Griffith said:
Seeing Isidro lead the charge and Azan fighting by his side is definitely the best part.

I'll say, but wasn't looking at Guts cut through that stomach beautiful. :carcus: Speaking of Guts, I wonder what type of insect(s) he'll encounter next? There sure are a whole lot of spiders though, which is making me itch just by looking at that panel.

I want to read more Gutsfield!! I'd love to see more of the Sea God's insides. More than seeing what creatures the Sea God might have inside of him, the possibility of finding age old relics (if any) inside interests me. Imagine seeing another cursed armor in there, lay defeated o_O *snaps out of his day-dream*

Buy Berserk! said:
Great battle!

Man, you aren't joking! What a great battle! To quote Isidro," Sea battles are really epic!"

I don't know what it is about it, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Captain Shark Rider ram into the Sea Horse. So much for those repairs they were making, eh? :ganishka:

I can't wait to see how the fight between the Bearded Skeleton and Isidro turns out!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
The ship not only rammed them, but almost got on top of the Sea Horse. It's fun to see the captain still holding to that crutch, even though he doesn't seem to need it anymore. Nice details on the stomach's wall as you can see the acid pumps as Guts cuts it open. I wonder where he is now? But that's a pretty intriguing new area Guts has reached. Look at those veins!. He might even feel the beats where he's standing on.

My name is the black moustached knight; remember it! :azan:

Fun episode all over; I'm more interested in seeing the Sea Horse side of things then where Guts & Schierke are at right now, but we'll see in a few months which way the story will go. I just want to see how badass Azan is in dealing with these monster without any magical gear.

Seems like Guts got sucked through the hole he made, implying negative air pressure from lungs, assuming the monster has lungs and breathes. If he was in the monster's actual lungs/airways, though, he and those spiders would go flying with each breath, so he's probably on the surface of the diaphragm/stomach looking up at the lungs rather than inside.

Lungs are close to the heart in most species, though, so he's getting closer :guts:
He should just jump on one of those spiders' backs, slap its rump, and gallop straight to it :ganishka:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
It would be funny if in each major organ, there was a "boss" waiting for Guts to fight. No, I do not think that is what's going to happen, I think it would be really funny.

This is great, seeing Isidro doing what he does best. I sincerely hope he's improved enough to do MASSIVE damage to the pirate crew. Also, it's wonderful that Azan is showing off his strength. What a great stowaway.

Gobolatula said:
It would be funny if in each major organ, there was a "boss" waiting for Guts to fight. No, I do not think that is what's going to happen, I think it would be really funny.

I gotta say, if they ever get to making a sequel to the Berserk PS2 game, a level-by-level fight against Sea God from within him and his organs would make for quite an amazing video game scenario
teeth2.gif

Mage said:
Seems like Guts got sucked through the hole he made, implying negative air pressure from lungs, assuming the monster has lungs and breathes. If he was in the monster's actual lungs/airways, though, he and those spiders would go flying with each breath, so he's probably on the surface of the diaphragm/stomach looking up at the lungs rather than inside.
Lungs are close to the heart in most species, though, so he's getting closer :guts:

Yeah, wherever Guts is at this point, he has definitely gotten closer to Sea God's heart.

Mage said:
He should just jump on one of those spiders' backs, slap its rump, and gallop straight to it :ganishka:

Hahahaha!! :ganishka:
Thanks brother, you made my day :ubik:

Aphasia

Bearded Skeleton said:
I don't know what it is about it, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Captain Shark Rider ram into the Sea Horse. So much for those repairs they were making, eh? :ganishka:

That part surprised me. The scene where the ship rises up to crash down on the Sea Horse looks very ominous. The poor Sea Horse is going to end up limping to Elf Helm. :judo:

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Oh shit Episode 321 was released today on friday the 13th :magni:. Man hakusensha choose a good date to release the issue on can't wait for June 24th.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Does anyone understand the "Miura talk" text? I'd like to know what he's up to. I hope he caught a big fish.

Echoing everyone else but..awesome! I just got back from a trip to find out the new episode was out, too good!

Awesome battle and i agree its quite funny how he's still holding his crutch :serpico: Was that the right hand man whos face he always bit blown up by Isidros bomb?

Also looks like Guts is starting to realize how difficult this might actually be, his facial expressions this chapter showed alot more panic than late. At least i think so .

Fantastic episode. Nearly every page had me squinting to try and take in as much detail as I could. It's cliche to say at this IMO, but Miura's art is always making me gawk. :slan: I'm fairly certain Isidro's going to really shine in the next few episodes. Last time Isidro came out of his duel with the Captain due to the sheer chance of Azan sleeping on the boat they had been dueling on. It will be fitting for him to put an end to the Captain himself. You know, it'll be good for the kid's ego.

So much going on and The Moonlight Boy is present and it's possible the Merrows will show up. :ubik: If :SK: shows up, my head will explode.

Draculoid said:
Was that the right hand man whos face he always bit blown up by Isidros bomb?

I thought the same thing. It's not.

As for Guts. Ahhhhhh, he'll be fiiiine. :guts: Yeah, I have faith.
Anyone else think of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V047Pc1QldA

Aphasia

Proj2501 said:
Fantastic episode. Nearly every page had me squinting to try and take in as much detail as I could. It's cliche to say at this IMO, but Miura's art is always making me gawk. :slan: I'm fairly certain Isidro's going to really shine in the next few episodes. Last time Isidro came out of his duel with the Captain due to the sheer chance of Azan sleeping on the boat they had been dueling on. It will be fitting for him to put an end to the Captain himself. You know, it'll be good for the kid's ego.

As for Guts. Ahhhhhh, he'll be fiiiine. :guts: Yeah, I have faith.
Anyone else think of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V047Pc1QldA

I feel the same way. Sometimes I'll open up the manga, looking for a random page and I'll end up reading for hours because the art sucks you in. Everything is so damn cool looking.

Haha, yeah, because we all know he's lacking in that department. :ganishka: I am excited to see them battle though. It's really awesome to see what Miura has done with his character. I can't wait to see where he goes in the future.

I'm still enjoying the awesome Pucks we got out of this episode.

inx8Mu.jpg

Haha I'd forgotten about that scene in Gears.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
boss-swordhilt1.jpg

Anyone else notice that Boss' sword hilt has changed to an octopus. Hmmmmm..... :void:

Walter said:
boss-swordhilt1.jpg

Anyone else notice that Boss' sword hilt has changed to an octopus. Hmmmmm..... :void:

I did. I assumed he just picked up another one. You know Miura rough sketched that on a notepad and thought it was too cool not to include. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I did. I assumed he just picked up another one. You know Miura rough sketched that on a notepad and thought it was too cool not to include. :carcus:
Sure, but that's about the most boring possibility. It's just a small detail, but the hilt might be something fashioned after his new master. Guts does afterall refer to the Sea God as an oversized octopus in Ep 320. Regardless, I think it's evident that the Sea God isn't based on only one creature of the sea, but some kind of amalgamation of several.

Top Bottom