Episode 325

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Walter said:
Anyone else notice Isidro's hand breaking through the frame on page 2? That's not a technique I've seen Miura employ before, at least not memorably. He's got some new tricks up his sleeve!
During my re-reading of Berserk I noticed this:
berserk-1555944-1.jpg

Void's Hand breaking through the frame. (I originally put "Femto's hand" instead of "Void". thanks for correcting me Incantation)

Keen eye, Truder! I love you guys and your attention to detail sometimes.

Someone on here asked a week or so ago (?) about the last time Guts' had fired his arm cannon, and was replied to expediently WITH photographic aid to that exact moment. It's something to be proud of, absolutely, this readily available source of all Berserk knowledge.

That's one of the few volumes I own, too, Truder. Volume 3. In-fact, I think it was the first volume I bought for reasons of the Count being one of my favorite apostles.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there won't be any new Berserk episodes for the remainder of the year. Young Animal has already confirmed their lineup through the end of 2011, and Berserk isn't listed anywhere on it. This means that only 7 episodes were released this year (319-325). It should be noted that this isn't by any means the longest break Miura's taken. It's only notable that there were so many long breaks in the year.

Whether this delay was a result of his presumed involvement with the Berserk Saga Project, planning the remainder of the series, or anything else, we simply don't know. All we can say with any certainty is that it's the slowest release schedule in the history of the series. Hopefully in 2012 we'll see it turn around.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for letting us know, Walter. That's disappointing news, but we all know Miura isn't lazing around his place doing nothing. He's hard at work on Berserk in some way or another. Like you said, hopefully, in 2012 we'll see it turn around.

X

Xem

Thanks for the news Walter. I've got a hunch we'll see some change with the trilogy release,

here's lookin' forward to 2012! crossing fingers for a release near my birthday, Jan 26

This is sad news to hear, especially so soon after a great Thanksgiving party :sad:
Since 2006, the publication of Berserk episodes has gotten slower and slower with each passing year now. With just 7 episodes this year, this means that the releases have now trickled down to just about a third of what they were 10 years ago. As Walter had also said, with some luck, the next year will see improvements. I myself sincerely hope that these record-high number of breaks are due to Miura working on the art and storyline plot.
....And not because of that upcoming movie :mozgus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
Since 2006, the publication of Berserk episodes has gotten slower and slower with each passing year now.
No, it hasn't. The rate actually increased between 2009 and 2010 (8 eps vs 9 eps), but went down in 2011 (to 7 eps).

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Last night I was thinking if there would be another release before the end of the year. Question = answered.

It doesn't matter, though. Every panel that Miura puts out is a damned work of art, so that stuff takes time. It also means that the coming eps will be just a sexified.

I always like to think the delays were due to him doing episodes that are much later on, only releasing some few and far between to give himself more time in between the latest released episode and the episode he is working on, and to concentrate and not feel perpetually pressured and needing to constantly rush episodes. Then one year he gives us a lot of episodes with no massive delays in between.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
perros said:
I always like to think the delays were due to him doing episodes that are much later on, only releasing some few and far between to give himself more time in between the latest released episode and the episode he is working on, and to concentrate and not feel perpetually pressured and needing to constantly rush episodes. Then one year he gives us a lot of episodes with no massive delays in between.
That's a nice thought, but not the case. We know he does create a small backlog of episodes, as it's been mentioned in Young Animal releases before, but based on the release schedule, I don't think it's a significant number. 1-2 maybe.

BerserkMJM said:
He should just release one page every two or three days. Spreads would be followed by a 4-6 day break. That's about right.
It's already difficult to keep the pacing for the series the way it is. I can't imagine how much worse that would be for the general flow of the story.

Walter said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there won't be any new Berserk episodes for the remainder of the year. Young Animal has already confirmed their lineup through the end of 2011, and Berserk isn't listed anywhere on it. This means that only 7 episodes were released this year (319-325). It should be noted that this isn't by any means the longest break Miura's taken. It's only notable that there were so many long breaks in the year.

Whether this delay was a result of his presumed involvement with the Berserk Saga Project, planning the remainder of the series, or anything else, we simply don't know. All we can say with any certainty is that it's the slowest release schedule in the history of the series. Hopefully in 2012 we'll see it turn around.

Ah well. Here's to next year, and Elfhelm.

Top Bottom