Episode 326

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Wow. I get to read a new Berserk episode right after a long run. What a rush.

Man oh man, this is such a great episode. The tear hitting Guts' face, the beast, the anger, everything was right on point. Guts' face right before he springs back into action is fucking spectacular. I want a poster of that. I am dying to know what's being said. Especially what Schierke yells at Guts while she's crying. Probably something like "Wake up dummy!"

Man I love that grin on Guts' face at the top of page 9! :guts:

And I'm more confused than ever before about the Sea God's physiology. So the Sea God's body was "inflated" this entire time? Like a puffer fish, a swim bladder or a balloon?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Daaaamn. Looks like the Sea God is finished after all. Seeing something so big go down is insane. But what happened to Guts? Has he lost control to the beast and still inside that thing? Is he gonna carve his way out the top of it's head as it's sinking into the ocean or is the moonlight boy going to save him. Notice in that last panel everyone is there except the moonlight boy. Casca was holding him just a moment ago.

But yea Schierke's tears hitting Guts was the best thing ever.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Good Reverend Wyald said:
Man I love that grin on Guts' face at the top of page 9! :guts:
He is telling the Beast: "You haven't stopped biting have you" :guts:

And I'm more confused than ever before about the Sea God's physiology. So the Sea God's body was "inflated" this entire time? Like a puffer fish, a swim bladder or a balloon?
What makes you say that? Because it's vomiting up pieces of ships?

Walter said:
What makes you say that? Because it's vomiting up pieces of ships?

Might be a different reason, but I kinda had the same impression because on Page 21, it appears as if it's beginning to deflate/ become distorted in some way? Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Now let's see how he gets out :guts:

Guts' face on that game thing looks pretty bad. Cracking episode. Guts needs saving and fast I assume. It'll be hard for a normal human to go get him, the Sea God's massive.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
IncantatioN said:
Guts' face on that game thing looks pretty bad.
I don't think that he is meant to be Guts. I'm guessing they are just displaying those armors for the upcoming game Dragons Dogma.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
Might be a different reason, but I kinda had the same impression because on Page 21, it appears as if it's beginning to deflate/ become distorted in some way? Maybe I'm just seeing things.
Ah, yeah. I see it clearly now. I just haven't had a chance to look at the ep in detail yet. My bad.

Working on a basic, basic translation of what Guts tells the Beast, but the further I get in, the more it seems self-evident. He's asking the Beast to help get him back on his feet, basically. Though Guts, as always, uses some colorful wording, so I don't have the skills to give a specific wording. But from what I can see, he's asking it to pierce him to his bones in order to help him feel less numb.

Also, once Guts is back on his feet, he's still blind and needs guidance from Schierke in order to strike at the heart. I'm beginning to think there's more at work here than just the damage sustained by the wave attack. Guts might have suffered some permanent injuries here. Won't know until he gets back to the ship, of course.

Last words from Schierke, "Guts is in grave danger."

Truder said:
I don't think that he is meant to be Guts. I'm guessing they are just displaying those armors for the upcoming game Dragons Dogma.
That's also my conclusion. It's just armors/skins based on Berserk, not necessarily full character models. It'd be more obvious if we could see the face behind "Griffith's" helm there.

The chat with the beast is probably the scene that caught me the most. Almost as if he's antagonizing the beast - can't recall seeing that before, and Guts essentially telling him to do whatever it takes to get him up is interesting too. In a way it seems he may have taken steps to 'master' what the armor can do. Too bad he's on the verge of death again!

Great return episode all in all.

Truder said:
Walter said:
That's also my conclusion. It's just armors/skins based on Berserk, not necessarily full character models. It'd be more obvious if we could see the face behind "Griffith's" helm there.
Thanks for clarifying guys.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Cronus said:
The chat with the beast is probably the scene that caught me the most. Almost as if he's antagonizing the beast - can't recall seeing that before, and Guts essentially telling him to do whatever it takes to get him up is interesting too. In a way it seems he may have taken steps to 'master' what the armor can do. Too bad he's on the verge of death again!

It reminds me of when Guts said he was the one holding the bridle, but that was about dominance, which usually characterizes their antagonistic relationship. I can't recall such voluntary cooperation between the two before, particularly coming from Guts' direction, urging on the Beast when normally the Beast is the one making the overtures (who's mastering who then?). Anyway, I doubt this new-found unity with the Beast/armor, plus Guts' condition (looks worse than ever) bodes well for him as far as his senses, voice, or *gulp* warmth are concerned. :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Small detail I got while transcribing the episode: The merrows don't paralyze the heart with their song. The song's reverberations actually counteract the waves being produced by the heart, canceling its attack out. Pretty awesome! :ubik:

Amazing episode thanks guys. I've been reading some previous comments so i can answer some questions that i had. So far so good, but i want to ask something else. On page 14-15 around the dragonslayer, is that the dark aura Schierke was seeing on volume 24, or is it just some part of his cape ?

Top Bottom