Episode 330

Title: 遠い日の春花③ - The Spring Flower of Days Long Passed (3)​

After this episode, there will be a break. Resume this fall.
The 37th volume (no date yet) will have a limted edition with a Guts figurine.

So many long breaks, I havent been following the series as much anymore but I do wonder if there is a reason for this. Maybe the anime or maybe Miura is having a bit of writers block as to where things are to go?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
HawaiianStallion said:
So many long breaks, I havent been following the series as much anymore but I do wonder if there is a reason for this. Maybe the anime or maybe Miura is having a bit of writers block as to where things are to go?

This has been the norm for years because of the workload of producing the series at its current level of detail and quality. This does require heavy planning, though nothing indicates Miura doesn't already have a good idea where he's going. In fact, quite the contrary based on his methodical approach to storytelling; much of the story's direction is already self-evident.

Those Monsters on the second preview picture... They don't look like the Sea Gods tentacles or anything we've seen before.
Could they be based on flesh eating plants? They look equally fish and plant to me though, what do you think?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Those Monsters on the second preview picture... They don't look like the Sea Gods tentacles or anything we've seen before.

They're the deep sea fishes that were protecting the heart of the Sea God.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
In this episode: Guts fights against the Viscount's son (who's fat) and takes him hostage, like we'd guessed. Martino comes back and tells Guts he came to help him!! The preview also says "farewell Chich", so we'll see how that goes...

And Miura says he won't be back until the fall, which makes me curious about his whereabouts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Neat final picture, and it looks roughly like what we'd envisioned—Chich's flower returned to the grove. The picture looks pretty optimistic to me. We'll see though.

Aazealh said:
In this episode: Guts fights against the Viscount's son (who's fat) and takes him hostage, like we'd guessed. Martino comes back and tells Guts he came to help him!! The preview also says "farewell Chich", so we'll see how that goes...
Wow, Martino returns? That is a surprise to me. I mean sure we talked about the possibility of him returning, but I didn't think it was likely.

Aazealh said:
The preview also says "farewell Chich", so we'll see how that goes...
I'm not concerned.

And Miura says he won't be back until the fall, which makes me curious about his whereabouts.
We've had 3 month breaks before, so 2 months isn't that bad. And I think we all expected this as soon as it was announced that we'd get 3 consecutive episodes.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
We're gonna be going to either Falconia or Skellig next so it makes sense that the upcoming episodes need some serious planning. I look forward to the conclusion of this flashback story a great deal. I wonder how it'll turn out.

I saw the flowers and Chich didn't come to mind actually. Elfhelm did. Maybe that's the last note the episode leaves us on.

The group just arriving at Elfhelm right before switching to Falconia. :troll:

Hey man no complaints here, three episodes in a row is a treat, not to mention theirs plenty to do this summer we'll be reading 331 before we know it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There's still quite a bit we don't know about this episode, and I kinda like that. :ubik:

It's going to be funny to see Guts against this fat kid. And like Aaz mentioned in the last podcast, I wonder if Guts will acquire any of his trademark equipment during the fight. It'd be great to see him donning his helmet for the first time here.

There's also still a missing coda to wrap things up thematically, and I can't imagine Miura will simply leave that up to a narration over the final panel. Wonder if it'll come from Martino.

Regarding the volume 37 news, it's a little surprising it's being advertised for, because it's a little early. There are still three more episodes to go before it can be released. And if Miura's taking a break until the fall, it means that he'll have a small window to complete that work before November or so in order to get volume 37 out before the end of the year. The last three volumes were released in September.

Walter said:
Regarding the volume 37 news, it's a little surprising it's being advertised for, because it's a little early. There are still three more episodes to go before it can be released. And if Miura's taking a break until the fall, it means that he'll have a small window to complete that work before November or so in order to get volume 37 out before the end of the year. The last three volumes were released in September.

Isn't that good news? Imo it meas very good news, that means we get another 3 episodes after each other. Maybe they get of the boat then? Well lets just first get 330 out then we can speculate about future episodes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
Isn't that good news? Imo it meas very good news, that means we get another 3 episodes after each other.

I expect 3 more episodes this year anyway, purely from a statistical point of view.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
Isn't that good news? Imo it meas very good news, that means we get another 3 episodes after each other.
I'm not saying it's bad news. I'm saying the timing of the news is a little premature. We're still many months away from having volume 37 in our hands.

And there's nothing here that indicates we'll be getting three consecutive episodes.

jackalj said:
Maybe they get of the boat then? Well lets just first get 330 out then we can speculate about future episodes.
I wouldn't get your hopes up that 330 will provide food for thought about the coming episodes.

Well I meant, lets just first get the next episode in our hands. Before we start thinking of any future episodes, no matter what the content is in 330.

Guess I kind of jumped the gun when I called Martino a backstabbing douche a while back :farnese: Still, it's a nice, unexpected development (for me anyway) that I'm sure will play out really well once the episode's out. I'm also rooting for a happier resolution for Chich; I would say she's too adorable to die but this being Berserk and all, that's not much of a qualifier. I'm wondering what kind of note this all ends on, though I'm expecting it to be a bittersweet one, something along the lines of Guts planting her flower but never knowing whether or not it'll actually bloom again. Unrelated to the episode itself, I'm glad we'll be seeing more Berserk in the fall; always nice to know when to expect it.

What an unexpected junction! Thanks! I was really surprised by the few panels involving the creative use of the sword hilt.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
An absolutely magnificent episode. Breathtaking artwork.
Rest in Peace, Chich. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

I was jumping up and down when I saw Guts in his Bazuso-fighting gear.

Top Bottom