Episode 336

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
jackson_hurley said:
Well one day they might be right! If they keep betting on him everytime surely something will come out of it once. :carcus:

I'm waiting for the day Rakshas taking a figurative bullet for Griffith and it finally shuts up all the "Rakshas is a double agent!" apologists.

Boy, and I gonna feel dumb if he ends up actually taking Griffith's head

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Delta Phi said:
I'm waiting for the day Rakshas taking a figurative bullet for Griffith and it finally shuts up all the "Rakshas is a double agent!" apologists.

Boy, and I gonna feel dumb if he ends up actually taking Griffith's head

I don't think you'll feel dumb about that cause it's pretty much impossible anyway. So you're safe!

beau_mustang

song of the week Tool - Hooker with a Penis
Doc said:
And I can't shake the feeling that we'll see the ghosts of the fallen Falcons. 'Divine Right' seemed like a foreshadowing of this, if nothing else. I think that's going to be how Griffith finally wins Rickert over.

Noooooo!!! Puff (Brain blown), I would love to see Pippin and Judeau again.

puella

Berserk forever
Locus' argument is very interesting to me.
He reads Rickert's mind perfectly and is like some kind of detective who interrogates a criminal. Rickert must be afraid of him.
Though he said he doesn't have any "hidden intentions", I think the way he goes about it is practically threatening. He watched Owen and Rickert when the latter said "I've known him since the Band of the Falcon were no better than bandits". Maybe he wants to warn Rickert to watch his mouth and change his attitude towards the Falcon. It remids me of the moment he went to meet Ganishka, and how he was with him.
He's really quite a cold character. When he justifies what Griffith did, he reminds me of Mozgus.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
He reads Rickert's mind perfectly and is like some kind of detective who interrogates a criminal.

Yeah that is a cool aspect we get to see of him. His quickness at reading people. Makes him a good liaison.

He watched Owen and Rickert when the latter said "I've known him since the Band of the Falcon were no better than bandits". Maybe he wants to warn Rickert to watch his mouth and change his attitude towards the Falcon.

Maybe, but when that line was delivered, it seemed pretty casual to me. Just two old war buddies reminiscing. I think from a storytelling perspective, Locus' function in this episode is to provide Rickert with the means to learn just how different Griffith is now.

He's really quite a cold character. When he justifies what Griffith did, he reminds me of Mozgus.

I can see the relation, but Mozgus was almost comically fervent. Locus' devotion seems frightening by comparison.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Maybe, but when that line was delivered, it seemed pretty casual to me. Just two old war buddies reminiscing. I think from a storytelling perspective, Locus' function in this episode is to provide Rickert with the means to learn just how different Griffith is now.

I don't think that scene of Locus overhearing Rickert and Owen talk is innocuous.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
puella said:
Though he said he doesn't have any "hidden intentions", I think the way he goes about it is practically threatening.

Agreed, all his friendly advice basically amounts to, "I don't know who you think you are, but it's our way or the hard way." I wonder if Griffith is going to be so frank or open with Rickert or if he'll play the good perfect cop and Rickert will just say all the right things too, peering over his shoulder for Locus and his creepy gaze.

puella

Berserk forever
Walter said:

I think if it was just a casual talk, Locus wouldn't pay attention to them. The panel seems pretty meaningful to me.

I can see the relation, but Mozgus was almost comically fervent. Locus' devotion seems frightening by comparison.

What I mean is that they're both putting on a show of "faith" and morality, appearing as devout followers to a noble cause, while they do cruel and vicious things. When Locus talks of an "uncompromising Utopia" while the two can see Volkov gutting an ogre, I was reminded of when Mozgus lead the poor woman with the dying babe to the torturing room, talking about "god".

Top Bottom