Episode 338

Ack! Sorry guys, I should've posted it earlier, hope this helps.

qcctPUn.jpg

Also, the very last 2 pages of the 4 episode supplement has Gigantomakhia!

QoBPh9K.jpg

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Crocodile said:
Fantastic episode, can't wait for next month.
Do we know what Miura's author comment is this episode?

He just said " お願いしまーす。"
Literally "please" but more of an expression akin to "Please enjoy."

Edit. Beaten by puella!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Theozilla said:
Oh really? I didn't know that. I got into Berserk by reading all of the Dark Horse volumes exclusively. In them (or at least my editions of them) they spell his as "Raksas", is that something that most Skullknight.net members think they got wrong? (similar to Shisu vs. Sys, do Vandimion vs. de Vandimion, Behe-l-it vs. Beherit, etc.).

Hello everybody,

First I'm glad Berserk is back on a regular track and want to thank you for the images and Puella for the translations, as always, priceless ))

The confusion between SK.net's Rakshas and Darkhorse's Raksas, apart from the transliteration of romaji (and as far Japanese is concerned, I'm pretty clueless) comes from the transliteration of Devanagari / Hindi, as the sound is represented as "ṣa".
Aaz was right about it, since the sound is a retroflex "sh" (kind of an English "r" mixed with "sh") and as matter of fact, tends to merge with the "normal sh" in modern Indian pronounciation.
I'm putting a link to a small talk about it in wordreference.
http://forum.wordreference.com/threads/sanskrit-pronunciation-of-%E0%A4%B7-and-%E0%A4%B6.2866467/

These days, Berserk is particularly exciting to me as I remember back then cowriting some fanfic material involving Rickert, Luca and co. If I recall correctly, I kinda had foreseen the encounter with Irvine, but not what is happening now, obviously. Really looking forward to the developement of the Rickert / Silat relationship.

So long!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
*Gyom* said:
Hello everybody,
[...]

These days, Berserk is particularly exciting to me as I remember back then cowriting some fanfic material involving Rickert, Luca and co. If I recall correctly, I kinda had foreseen the encounter with Irvine, but not what is happening now, obviously. Really looking forward to the developement of the Rickert / Silat relationship.

So long!

Hey man, long time no see. Yeah, Berserk is as awesome as ever.
About that collective fan fiction you mentioned, I believe you had set it shortly after volume 22, and it involved Joachim meeting up with Irvine before he had joined Griffith.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Yep time flies! I have been Rakshasly writing here, these past years, we could say.
I realise the fanfic was in 2005 (more than 10 years back :SK:) and Joachim was indeed the one saved while Rickert was getting stuck in dwarve caves. But who knows? As it was settled at Vol22+, Rickert may have had time to hang out with dwarves before arriving at Falconia... anyway I'm glad we get to see him again, and I guess we won't be hearing about Joachim and Nina ever now, as even Jerome's fate in the series got sorted out with Luca's comment on his wife. Carcus gone, Jerome too now, we need another jewel like them! )

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Magnifico carries the torch. :magni:

At some point I kinda hope we'll get to see Magnifico entering Falconia. I can imagine a lot of comments from him. After all, the gang doesn't really know how much things have change on land. I'm pretty sure they got an idea after the "wind" blew, but on land...

Wesker90

Berserk devoted
But you think we'll see a fight between Raksas and the Bakiraka in the next episode or they will just talk and run away with Rickert seeing that Raksas is too strong for them?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wesker90 said:
But you think we'll see a fight between Raksas and the Bakiraka in the next episode or they will just talk and run away with Rickert seeing that Raksas is too strong for them?

Presumably Rakshas will be upset at having had a pillar thrown on his face and will respond with violence. One would then expect the Bakiraka to have to defend themselves at least to some extent before attempting an escape with Rickert in tow.

Aazealh said:
Presumably Rakshas will be upset at having had a pillar thrown on his face and will respond with violence. One would then expect the Bakiraka to have to defend themselves at least to some extent before attempting an escape with Rickert in tow.
Wesker90 said:

Greetings, avid fans of Berserk.

About what's to come for the next episode, I am clueless to what's 100% a possibility as well, but I'd like to assume , with how great Miura has done unraveling events so quickly, that both of these possible outcomes might happen simultaneously? I don't see Silas as the type to be able to handle whatever Rakshas has in store for the Bakiraka, or be of any use to the stronger brothers aid, and they may rendezvous at some point after the fights done. Or is that a wild speculation?

It probably isn't very meaningful, but something I find interesting is the fact that this situation is almost a reverse of the previous Rakshas-Bakiraka encounters. The first time they met, Rakshas was able to take the Tapasa completely by surprise and was able to dodge their attacks effortlessly. In their second encounter, Rakshas was able to catch them by surprise yet again, and he effortlessly dodged Silat's attack. However, this time it was the Bakiraka who caught Rakshas completely by surprise. And Rakshas couldn't dodge their attacks because they effectively planned for when and how he'd dodge Silat's initial attack. If I didn't know any better I'd say we're seeing the results of them learning from their mistakes and adapting their strategy to deal with Rakshas, slowly gaining the upper hand over time.

Maybe they took to heart all the times Rakshas has been telling them they're slow, obtuse, and easily snuck up on. :troll:

Zenki said:

About what's to come for the next episode, I am clueless to what's 100% a possibility as well, but I'd like to assume , with how great Miura has done unraveling events so quickly, that both of these possible outcomes might happen simultaneously? I don't see Silas as the type to be able to handle whatever Rakshas has in store for the Bakiraka, or be of any use to the stronger brothers aid, and they may rendezvous at some point after the fights done. Or is that a wild speculation?

Hello there Zenki! the whole situation can go down in many different ways, Rakshas came in expecting to get a quick clean kill but Silat and the Tapasa interfered, he wasn't anticipating that. not really sure how smart it is if they decide to go all out on a fight thought in day time, before Rickert turned around you could see alot of people walking in the city going on about their day, and since falconia is the only truly safe place left for humans at this point a fight breaking out like that would make them speculate about their safety in this place. i wonder if rakshas is gonna take that into account (probably doesn't care). the fight of course could pretty much still take place despite that. Silat and the tapasa are very skilled as well i wouldn't want to underestimate them. we'll see, the hype for the next episode is insanely high and predicting what's going to happen is pretty hard because it can go down in many different ways :rakshas:

Hello to the Skullknight community, it's my first post here :guts:

There's a detail I'd like mention about current episodes:
When Falconia chapters aired, the whole city, well, all of the panels even, looked so bright that I had a thought: what would this city be like at night? I know Pandaemonium is the darker part of the city as is, but not showing nighttime Falconia would've been a lost opportunity for Miura. Especially after the slap, overlapping repercussions with nighttime seems like a really cool move.

And what do you know? In 338, that great shot of Rakshas in front of the sun happens at dawn, the shadows are really long and dramatic, and I'm sure the next one or two episodes will happen during the night. I bet some great secrets of the Falcon will be revealed to our well-known group of characters during that time. Some shadowy business may occur. And preview pictures only support this thought. I haven't seen this aspect being discussed before. What are your thoughts? Are you hyped about day/night Falconia too?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zenki said:

Hello there! :serpico:

Zenki said:

Well you certainly are selling Silat short here. We've seen him fight before, and I don't think you should underestimate his skills. There is a reason the Tapasa answer to him, and he is among the few people to have ever survived a fight against Guts. Besides that, if a rapid escape were to be attempted, the best way to go about it would be for one of the Tapasa to carry Rickert around, something I don't believe Silat could do as effectively.

Skeleton said:
If I didn't know any better I'd say we're seeing the results of them learning from their mistakes and adapting their strategy to deal with Rakshas, slowly gaining the upper hand over time.

I think they've clearly learned from their past encounters, although this also shows the benefit of getting the drop on someone.

Ken said:
not really sure how smart it is if they decide to go all out on a fight thought in day time, before Rickert turned around you could see alot of people walking in the city going on about their day, and since falconia is the only truly safe place left for humans at this point a fight breaking out like that would make them speculate about their safety in this place. i wonder if rakshas is gonna take that into account (probably doesn't care). the fight of course could pretty much still take place despite that. Silat and the tapasa are very skilled as well i wouldn't want to underestimate them. we'll see, the hype for the next episode is insanely high and predicting what's going to happen is pretty hard because it can go down in many different ways :rakshas:

All those are valid points, and just to reiterate what I've said before in the thread, I don't think a fully-fledged battle is going to take place here. I believe there will be a skirmish which the Bakiraka will be on the losing side of (and that may involve a casualty), and then it can go two ways. Either they manage a tactical retreat, or the fight is interrupted somehow.

Esper said:
Hello to the Skullknight community, it's my first post here :guts:

Hello Esper and welcome!

Esper said:
There's a detail I'd like mention about current episodes:
When Falconia chapters aired, the whole city, well, all of the panels even, looked so bright that I had a thought: what would this city be like at night? I know Pandaemonium is the darker part of the city as is, but not showing nighttime Falconia would've been a lost opportunity for Miura. Especially after the slap, overlapping repercussions with nighttime seems like a really cool move.

And what do you know? In 338, that great shot of Rakshas in front of the sun happens at dawn, the shadows are really long and dramatic, and I'm sure the next one or two episodes will happen during the night. I bet some great secrets of the Falcon will be revealed to our well-known group of characters during that time. Some shadowy business may occur. And preview pictures only support this thought. I haven't seen this aspect being discussed before. What are your thoughts? Are you hyped about day/night Falconia too?

Well, episode 334 did end with Rickert looking over the city at night, and nothing special was happening then. Now, I don't know what you're expecting exactly, but I'm not sure "great secrets of the Falcon" will necessarily be revealed simply through night-time shots. I do believe we'll eventually see some shady business occurring in Falconia though, but I'm not expecting too much of that from the next episode, given that it already has a lot on its plate. We'll see!

Since Rickert was absent from the Occultation ceremony, was Godot's apprentice and the one providing some of Guts' iconic tools, i've always pictured him as game changer, a loophole for the hero. Many things are possible but i'm convince Rickert's gonna stay in Falconia, providing for his family, citizens even after the slap and what it means for his own security inside the city. And primarly because this idyllic city is basically offering him his dream job. He would refine his skills, learn a lot, probably things he couldn't learn anywhere else. I would be very happy because i want so bad to see every details about the city life. Rickert could be the reader's guide inside Falconia.

In many ways, he can make a big difference in a lot of ways being inside Griffith's kingdom. And what if Daiba teams up with Rickert for a future armor/weapons set for Guts & co ? Elementary weapons ? :beast:

Honestly, i would be shock if he choose or be forced to leave the city.But even more eager to learn what's next for him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
And what if Daiba teams up with Rickert for a future armor/weapons set for Guts & co ? Elementary weapons ?

That seems unlikely. For one thing, by the time Guts' band comes to Falconia I would expect them all to be properly suited up, but beyond that, they're more likely to find powerful magical equipment in Elfhelm than it is for Rickert and Daiba to team up to create some in expectation of their arrival. That being said, it'd be interesting to see what Rickert could come up with if given access to more advanced technology, as well as seeing what part he would play (wittingly or not) in the war to come.

ryOtoha said:
Honestly, i would be shock if he choose or be forced to leave the city.But even more eager to learn what's next for him.

Would it really be shocking given the developments in this episode?

ryOtoha said:
Since Rickert was absent from the Occultation ceremony, was Godot's apprentice and the one providing some of Guts' iconic tools, i've always pictured him as game changer, a loophole for the hero. Many things are possible but i'm convince Rickert's gonna stay in Falconia, providing for his family, citizens even after the slap and what it means for his own security inside the city. And primarly because this idyllic city is basically offering him his dream job. He would refine his skills, learn a lot, probably things he couldn't learn anywhere else. I would be very happy because i want so bad to see every details about the city life. Rickert could be the reader's guide inside Falconia.

In many ways, he can make a big difference in a lot of ways being inside Griffith's kingdom. And what if Daiba teams up with Rickert for a future armor/weapons set for Guts & co ? Elementary weapons ? :beast:

I wouldn't be very shocked. Staying in Falconia would be much of a pain for him since he now has some hostile enemies there. You know, staying in the city of the king I just slapped wouldn't be my first option... :rickert:

Aazealh said:
it'd be interesting to see what Rickert could come up with if given access to more advanced technology, as well as seeing what part he would play (wittingly or not) in the war to come.
That's also what i was wondering, speaking of things he could never learn anywhere else in the world.

Aazealh said:
Would it really be shocking given the developments in this episode?

As I said just would love to see more about the city life :iva: Maybe in a special episode with a unexpected character.

Sure, the fight between Rakshas/Silat will have some interesting development and i'd rather see Rickert being forced to leave after he made up his mind to stay (plus it would be far more dramatic) than leaving the city by himself. This course makes more sense to me.

But anyway where could the Bakiraka go anyway ? I know there are formidable warriors but hell, they always on the run so i don't see Rickert following them, keeping the pace everywhere they decide to go.

DarkAdin said:
I wouldn't be very shocked. Staying in Falconia would be much of a pain for him since he now has some hostile enemies there. You know, staying in the city of the king I just slapped wouldn't be my first option... :rickert:

It's more complicated than that. Let's say he's remains and work inside the city, do you really think Griffith will allow anyone to tear apart a ex-Hawk and a citizen of Falconia ?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ryOtoha said:
But anyway where could the Bakiraka go anyway ? I know there are formidable warriors but hell, they always on the run so i don't see Rickert following them, keeping the pace everywhere they decide to go.

They could be living out in the wilderness in a fortified/hidden encampment, or hidden within the city of Falconia, for example in an underground network (sewers, catacombs, who knows) or in less populated parts of the city. There are many possibilities.

ryOtoha said:
It's more complicated than that. Let's say he's remains and work inside the city, do you really think Griffith will allow anyone to tear apart a ex-Hawk and a citizen of Falconia ?

What was Rakshas just about to do before the Bakiraka intervened?

Aazealh said:
What was Rakshas just about to do before the Bakiraka intervened?

Do you think Rakshas could have succeed if the Bakiraka didn't choose to intervene ? I supposed Zodd would ?

Top Bottom