Episode 342

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The promised time has come. :ubik:

Lots of answers to our long questions here, and we don't even have a translation yet. Very exciting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Earthlingzing said:
Really interesting environments there, that scarecrow looks like something from Dark Souls!

Its face actually reminds me of those souls Schierke set free in Vritannis.

More likely though, we're seeing a new kind of golem.

Wow, this was an exciting episode! It's nice they open with reaching the island at the beginning, and we get a look into some of the traps/obstacles around Skellig. I am also curious about Pucks little story, it looks really cute. :) Also I noticed that Guts has his more youthful appearance about him, I know there was speculation about it being when Miura just finished the childhood episodes prior, so it seems like he is just looking healthier at the moment. Is it just me or does this episode seem to have more bold highlights for the art? I'm not sure how to explain it, his drawings always impress me but this looks even better then usual.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tama said:
. I am also curious about Pucks little story, it looks really cute. :)

Yeah this is what I'm most curious about. Serious Puck is back.

Also I noticed that Guts has his more youthful appearance about him, I know there was speculation about it being when Miura just finished the childhood episodes prior, so it seems like he is just looking healthier at the moment. Is it just me or does this episode seem to have more bold highlights for the art? I'm not sure how to explain it, his drawings always impress me but this looks even better then usual.

It looks like a filter applied by the scanlators.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:

The last episode had that feel too. I don't mind it but like you said it's probably a filter or something of the likes.

I like the first panel about the story Puck is telling. Very nice!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I was literally trembling as I read this episode. I've been waiting for this moment for 13 years (I first read the series in 2002, so I haven't been waiting as long as those members who were reading it episodically back in 2001). I can't believe they're actually on Skellig.

I noticed a change in the art, too. Besides the bolder lines, the objects in the background look a little different from Miura's usual style, too. I thought maybe it was a new technique Miura was using, or a change in style, but it could be a filter, like Walter said.

I loved Puck's little moment with the gull (I'm guessing that's how he got off the island in the first place?). It's been a while since we've seen him irritating a bird. :ganishka:

Walter said:
Its face actually reminds me of those souls Schierke set free in Vritannis.

It reminded me of the souls in Vritannis, as well. Very cool. :serpico:

Years of speculation on why Puck left his home
and it's because he fell asleep on a seagull who then dropped him on a ship when Puck pissed on it.
:ganishka: What can you say besides, that's so Puck.

jackson_hurley

And the next one is straight pipe for Christmas if I read my dates right! What a gift it'll be.

I'm already craving for more!

I'm also glad That Isma stayed with the group and I am curious as to what they are saying to her mother.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jackson_hurley said:
I'm also glad That Isma stayed with the group and I am curious as to what they are saying to her mother.

Me, too! I hope she sticks around for the remainder of the series. She's a great character.

Walter said:

That makes sense, it does look like a filter.

I thought Isma would only accompany Guts and crew to the shore and bid farewell to them, but it seems like she is continuing their journey together. I wonder how long she will stay?

jackson_hurley

Tama said:
That makes sense, it does look like a filter.

I thought Isma would only accompany Guts and crew to the shore and bid farewell to them, but it seems like she is continuing their journey together. I wonder how long she will stay?

Well having grown most of her life with legs and being stuck on her island, I'm not surprise to see her stay for the moment. She seemed excited to have adventures. Of course that doesn't mean she wont go back in the ocean with the other merrows, but I would not be surprise if she decide to stay for the long run. (I hope at some point that's what she decides,time will tell)

Top Bottom