Episode 344

R

Resonance

After giving this episode a run through, I don't really have much to contribute besides comments others have already stated :ganishka: however I do have a few thoughts I would like to share.

The Old Sage (not sure what his real name is) has shown himself to be quite the powerful magician, being able to form a thunderstorm in a short span of time and all. However it seems that his magic may have repercussions from what I have read, but the translation I saw was not perfect so it's possible this may be dismissed.

The whimsical nature of Elfheim really reminds of 2 Hirasawa songs. The songs being Lotus and Niwashi King, maybe the lyrics may not share a lot in common with how Elfheim is presented but the images accompanying the music is quite similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sMzNEd7EE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZmxV1SdfDI This is more coincidental than anything btw just speaking thoughts aloud :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Agreed. One thing I was telling Gobolatula the other day is that I'm not sure many people realize what a historic time in Berserk this is. Not that every episode isn't awesome, but we're really at a pivotal moment in the series, more so than the Eclipse was. What is happening right now will set the story on a trajectory towards its ending. Those who thought volume 24 was an incredible expansion of what we know of the Berserk world should probably hold on to their seats because volume 39 will not fuck around.

I was thinking about this too. It's been almost 10 years since I started reading the current episodic releases of Berserk. By that time, the group had left Flora, Schierke had joined the group, and Ganishka was in the middle of waging his war on Midland. Since I've been reading on an episodic level I've yet to experience a moment when Guts and his group could truly relax in relative safety and absorb a wealth of new information about the world in general. I can only imagine how crazy this must be for people who have been reading even further back. At least to to the beginning of the Millennium Falcon Arc, episode 183, when Puck first exclaimed that they should travel to the one place where Casca may find help. His home. That volume came out 12/24/01. I was 13 years old at that time. It's crazy to think about.

It's almost a religious experience. This is finally it. We have finally arrived. The characters are finally on the threshold and us readers are closer than ever to getting so many answers, and even better, possibly experiencing the return of Casca. You know how people must feel when a new Star Wars movie comes out? like those mega fans that can't even comprehend that they're living in a moment when a NEW Star Wars movie is being released. For me, being able to read a new Berserk episode with a restored Casca is that moment. Everything that I know and love about a classic character like her is all from the past. Since I started following Berserk, I've only known Casca as she is now. 10 years of following this series and I can't believe that could change. I'd almost forgot that it was going to happen someday.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feeblecursedone said:
It looks like a place Schierke will probably settle in later on.

Hehe, hard to guess so long in advance. I think the fact it's so secluded may be a barrier to her settling there. I see her more following in Flora's steps later in life, but that's really a long ways to go anyway. I'm not sure it will even be addressed in the story.

Resonance said:
The Old Sage (not sure what his real name is)

Right now my preference goes to "Gedflynn". But keep in mind it's impossible to know for sure. It's a name Miura invented and it could be many different things. Anyway, since he and other characters abbreviate his name as Ged, you can just use that for convenience.

Resonance said:
the translation I saw was not perfect so it's possible this may be dismissed.

Reading shitty translations will only ever serve to confuse you. I don't recommend it.

Oburi said:
You know how people must feel when a new Star Wars movie comes out? like those mega fans that can't even comprehend that they're living in a moment when a NEW Star Wars movie is being released. For me, being able to read a new Berserk episode with a restored Casca is that moment. Everything that I know and love about a classic character like her is all from the past.

Hah! Star Wars has got nothing on this, because this will actually be good. Better than good. :slan:

Now after reading your post I was actually daydreaming about Casca doing some sword training against Serpico and losing herself in the heat of the fight, and then surprising him by really going for the kill. Then I imagined a scenario where Guts would be stricken down by an enemy and Casca picked up the Berserk's armor to save him, with the helmet taking on the shape of an emotionless mask but with tears. I usually don't post about these random ideas because they're just my imagination but I think it illustrates the limitless potential that's ahead of us.

Walter said:
No, not necessarily. Schierke has been performing on the field of battle, searching deep for astral entities where there are none, and still coming back with a source of power. By Molda's own admission, she's trapped on the island, and I can't imagine she has much comparable experience.
Now, now, I don't think we should dismiss Molda entirely. I mean, sure Schierke has more worldly experience, has been in more terrifying situations, has had to use her magic to fight and kill, has been teaching another the ways of magic, and so on. But Molda's awesome power has our favorite witch beat in one particular area.

She can defy even the unstoppable force of gravity to keep her hat on!

Slsq7Fu.png

Can Schierke keep her hat on? No! It takes only a slight breeze, a pesky elf, or an insolent monkey for her headware to start rolling away.

Anyway, if Molda is to join the crew, I wonder what effect that would have on Farnese, if any? I've always thought that her training to be a witch was so that she would continue to have a purpose in the team dynamic (and narrative) once Casca no longer required her babying, and learning magic has indeed been helping the girl feel better about herself. But would the presence of another witch (or two, or three) wreck her confidence again since she would possibly feel even more redundant than ever before? Farnese already has enough mixed feelings wherever Guts and Casca are concerned.

So how to you guys think the next few episodes are going to play out?

It looks like we're going to be getting a similar situation to when the crew arrived at Flora's, where the crew can rest for a bit while we get more information about the world and what's going on through dialogue.

But what's interesting to me is that the time at Flora's was a short respite before the crew continued on their difficult journey whereas this time we're presumably going from this "info dump" to the king who may provide another one. I'm curious as to how this will all play out. Will they both provide info but on different subjects (Ged talks about the island/witches/magic/changes to the world and the king talks about bigger subjects like the GH and their goals/actions, IoE, causality, SK, the past, what must be done, etc)? Will Ged supply all or most of the information and the king's time will be focused on Casca and helping her? Will the information come before or after (or both) Casca's healing and the resulting emotional/team dynamic fallout? Will either Ged or the king tell them something before curing Casca that the group will keep from her, at least temporarily ("in exchange for this I kind of have to go kill Femto")? Will the king address Guts' own broken mind, and maybe free him from the beast, or will he successfully hide it?

Imperator Hanseatic

Ultimately just a crippled neet who loves Berserk.
Skeleton said:
Will the king address Guts' own broken mind, and maybe free him from the beast, or will he successfully hide it?

I don't think the King of the Flower Storm is someone you could really hide things from, but then again we haven't actually met him yet. However, it would be interesting to have him address the issue of the Beast in some way.

Imperator Hanseatic said:
I don't think the King of the Flower Storm is someone you could really hide things from, but then again we haven't actually met him yet.

Why not? We've seen far less powerful entities (spectres) know, at the very least, about the beast's existence, but they were human-based and had a more direct "link" to humanity's darker side.

Knowing about or feeling what the beast represents and knowing that it stems from a trauma that requires healing are also two different things.

Also keep in mind that that aspect of Guts' mind is currently on the down low, making it that much harder to "see." If Guts's mind was still actively fighting itself it'd probably be a lot easier to notice.

The possibilities are endless, to me, when it comes to this specific question. I could see him being healed, and I can see it never even being addressed by the king or just commented on. Admittedly though, healing Guts would take a large factor out of play when it comes to him deciding to leave Skellig to go after Griffith.

Imperator Hanseatic

Skeleton said:
Why not? We've seen far less powerful entities (spectres) know, at the very least, about the beast's existence, but they were human-based and had a more direct "link" to humanity's darker side.

Knowing about or feeling what the beast represents and knowing that it stems from a trauma that requires healing are also two different things.

Also keep in mind that that aspect of Guts' mind is currently on the down low, making it that much harder to "see." If Guts's mind was still actively fighting itself it'd probably be a lot easier to notice.

I was more getting at the idea that if somehow the King didn't notice the Beast, it'd be less because Guts was able to "hide" it from him and more that the King didn't look for it in the first place.

Perhaps we're experiencing some kind of miscommunication here but your original message I replied to gave me the impression via phrasing that Guts would be specifically trying to hide the Beast for some reason.

I'm almost certain that the Beast will be addressed in some way whilst on Skellig and the possibilities are indeed great, though personally I'd be disappointed if Guts was "freed" from the Beast entirely (especially without some kind of challenge).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skeleton said:
It looks like we're going to be getting a similar situation to when the crew arrived at Flora's, where the crew can rest for a bit while we get more information about the world and what's going on through dialogue.

Yes.

Skeleton said:
Will they both provide info but on different subjects (Ged talks about the island/witches/magic/changes to the world and the king talks about bigger subjects like the GH and their goals/actions, IoE, causality, SK, the past, what must be done, etc)?

They will probably touch upon different topics. The King may provide insight into the future, as well as expound upon what's going on in the world beyond what Ged will have said. He could also shed some light on the Moonlight Boy if Schierke asks him. As for the Skull Knight, who knows. He might even show up himself directly.

Skeleton said:
Will the information come before or after (or both) Casca's healing and the resulting emotional/team dynamic fallout?

Members of the group will undoubtedly learn things before and after they go meet the King of the Flower Storm.

Skeleton said:
Will the king address Guts' own broken mind, and maybe free him from the beast, or will he successfully hide it?

I believe he will address it. The Beast of Darkness is a very prominent and obvious part of Guts' psyche, one that anyone delving into his mind immediately stumbles upon, as Schierke showed us in volume 26. Any elf can already perceive human emotions, as demonstrated by Puck's insights into Guts' mind, so there's really no way the King of Elves would not see it. And you mention Guts trying to hide it, but he doesn't even really realize its existence himself, since it's just a personification of his feelings/trauma, so I don't see how that could possibly work.

That being said, the idea that he could be "healed" or "delivered" from the Beast of Darkness seems unlikely to me. The feelings that the Beast embodies aren't entirely detrimental to Guts, they fuel his fighting spirit even in the darkest hour. What would rather be interesting to see, and what I believe is the most likely outcome, is that Guts might be able to "tame" the Beast of Darkness so that he can "tap" into it when he needs it. Basically it could be put to use in a more efficient, more controled manner.

Now where this gets more complicated is that the Beast of Darkness in itself is only half the problem. Where it poses a real danger is when combined with the Berserk's armor, since the armor's fiery Od engulfs Guts and drowns his consciousness with those violent feelings. So keep in mind that a palliative may also be applied to the armor itself, something akin to the talisman Flora carved inside of it. It may be one or the other or a combination of both.

Skeleton said:
Why not? We've seen far less powerful entities (spectres) know, at the very least, about the beast's existence, but they were human-based and had a more direct "link" to humanity's darker side. Knowing about or feeling what the beast represents and knowing that it stems from a trauma that requires healing are also two different things. Also keep in mind that that aspect of Guts' mind is currently on the down low, making it that much harder to "see." If Guts's mind was still actively fighting itself it'd probably be a lot easier to notice.

I don't think any of that makes for a compelling argument. I bet the King will notice that something's up with Guts without any trouble. The real question is what will be done about it.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
One thing that's really sticking out for me in the summary (and thanks for that, Puella and Aaz) is Schierke's offhand remark that she feels melancholy.

Now, I'm not sure if its intended to be read as she feels melancholy personally or she feels an air of melancholy around Elfhelm and both of those could imply different things.

Getting the obvious stuff out of the way Schierke could personally feel melancholy because she's worried the journey has come to an end and everyone will go their separate ways. Or deeper down she's worried that Casca's arrival will put a greater strain on her and Guts' bond. But an air of melancholy around the whole island could be something much more far reaching. It could be that the Elf King is dying, or has foreseen the destruction of the island at the hands of Griffith. I'd like to hear what other people are making of it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Squiddot said:
One thing that's really sticking out for me in the summary (and thanks for that, Puella and Aaz) is Schierke's offhand remark that she feels melancholy.

Don't pay too much attention to that, she says that as they arrive in the village and it's more like she feels she's missed this kind of place, because it's all familiar to her.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Elf King might know a way how to permanently kill a God Hand member, now that they're in their corporeal form, albeit I assume even then its gonna be extremely difficult. That also opens up a question as to what happens when a God Hand member dies, is their essence returned to vortex of souls or something else entirely? It ought to have a huge effect on the world.

Curious about Guts' next " upgrade " as well. I dont think Dragon Slayer and Berserker armour will cut it, alone. Albeit im not sure how I feel about Guts getting magic or something like that. Then again, he has shown to be pragmatic enough to use anything that will get him a victory even if he's not a fan of it.

Perhaps we're experiencing some kind of miscommunication here but your original message I replied to gave me the impression via phrasing that Guts would be specifically trying to hide the Beast for some reason.

First, I'd like to just say that I'm just trying to foster a discussion in this thread because I'm so amped up from getting Berserk back. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to my point of view or change anyone's opinions or anything. So if I ask a question or bring up something from the story I'm doing so out of a desire to hear more from everyone here not try to prove anyone wrong. :)

With that said, I probably could've been clearer with my wording, but what I'm saying is that, technically, Guts' mind is hiding the beast right now, in the sense that the aspects of Guts' mind/emotions that the beast represents have been subconsciously (unconsciously?) put on the back burner and his mind's struggle/trauma isn't as noticeable to outsiders as it was at other points in the story. I don't mean Guts is constantly thinking," Please don't notice. Please don't notice. Please don't notice." It's not a conscious effort to hide, and it's not hiding from something. Just hidden.

In other words, the traumatized aspect of Guts' mind is hidden right now because, if you were to meet him, it'd be impossible to tell something was wrong. Now if Guts was having a full blown struggle with his darker urges/emotions, to the point where when you went to meet him he looked like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket right before he killed himself, then his trauma wouldn't be hidden well.

I hope my adding more mud to the water cleared it up. :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
Any elf can already perceive human emotions, as demonstrated by Puck's insights into Guts' mind, so there's really no way the King of Elves would not see it.

I agree completely that if the king delves into Guts' mind like Schierke does then he'll see the trauma, and that elves are more than capable of getting the information, especially if something triggers that part of him. I just think it'd be harder for an elf to sense Guts' trauma now than, say, during his time as the Black Swordsman.

Aazealh said:
I believe he will address it. The Beast of Darkness is a very prominent and obvious part of Guts' psyche, one that anyone delving into his mind immediately stumbles upon, as Schierke showed us in volume 26. Any elf can already perceive human emotions, as demonstrated by Puck's insights into Guts' mind, so there's really no way the King of Elves would not see it. And you mention Guts trying to hide it, but he doesn't even really realize its existence himself, since it's just a personification of his feelings/trauma, so I don't see how that could possibly work.

That being said, the idea that he could be "healed" or "delivered" from the Beast of Darkness seems unlikely to me. The feelings that the Beast embodies aren't entirely detrimental to Guts, they fuel his fighting spirit even in the darkest hour. What would rather be interesting to see, and what I believe is the most likely outcome, is that Guts might be able to "tame" the Beast of Darkness so that he can "tap" into it when he needs it. Basically it could be put to use in a more efficient, more controlled manner.

I really like that idea, but how would it work? Or rather what parts would you heal, remove, or fix that would "tame" the beast? Perhaps the king will be able to, for example, separate and remove the part of Guts that wants everyone he cares about to die while keeping his rage and desire to kill Griffith?

Aazealh said:
Now where this gets more complicated is that the Beast of Darkness in itself is only half the problem. Where it poses a real danger is when combined with the Berserk's armor, since the armor's fiery Od engulfs Guts and drowns his consciousness with those violent feelings. So keep in mind that a palliative may also be applied to the armor itself, something akin to the talisman Flora carved inside of it. It may be one or the other or a combination of both.

The other day I was thinking how great it would be for Guts if the king could carve a permanent talisman into the armor that not only performs Flora's talisman's function but also keeps Guts conscious like Schierke does for him now. But then I thought of how much damage the armor does to his body and senses and wondered if giving him an "excuse" to use the armor even more was a good idea. Plus I absolutely love how Miura designed the armor and its double-edged nature. I'd hate it if the armor was tinkered with too much or if the negative aspects of the armor were negated or removed.

Guts probably has a different opinion on that subject though.

Aazealh said:
I don't think any of that makes for a compelling argument.

You must've misread it because all my positions are airtight, my friend. :troll:

I'm just trying to come at the issue from all angles since the king is essentially a blank slate outside of the powers/abilities we've been told he has and the information we can glean from Puck and Ivarella on the nature of elves. I do agree though that he'll know about Guts' trauma. Even if he couldn't sense it directly it doesn't take an Einstein to connect the dots. Of course, given what Schierke says about what some elves with enormous power are capable of doing and the fact the king has already demonstrated this power with his prediction about Puck, the king probably wouldn't even need to sense it because he knew what was going to unfold before it happened. (Crazy conspiracy theory: And the king might even be the hidden hand that sent an unknowing Puck off of the island so that his dust could ensure Guts and Casca survived the eclipse, after his other agent rescued them, and then lead them back to the island?! Okay, probably not.)

Imperator Hanseatic

Skeleton said:
First, I'd like to just say that I'm just trying to foster a discussion in this thread because I'm so amped up from getting Berserk back. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to my point of view or change anyone's opinions or anything. So if I ask a question or bring up something from the story I'm doing so out of a desire to hear more from everyone here not try to prove anyone wrong. :)

I hope my adding more mud to the water cleared it up. :ganishka:

Indeed I feel like I understand your position much better now and even agree on a fair bit of it.

I also share your feelings about fostering discussion and general hype for more Berserk, and apologize if I seem a tad hostile or overly intense as that is not my intent either. My manner of speaking has been called.. "brutal" at times, though I suspect those who make such claims would flee from our glorious Admin of Terror in a heartbeat. :ganishka:

I also share your feelings about fostering discussion and general hype for more Berserk, and apologize if I seem a tad hostile or overly intense as that is not my intent either. My manner of speaking has been called.. "brutal" at times, though I suspect those who make such claims would flee from our glorious Admin of Terror in a heartbeat. :ganishka:

No need to apologize, my friend. You've been really cool. I never sensed hostility. I just wanted to clarify that those weren't legitimate questions I have, and that I was playing devil's advocate for the sake of the discussion. :)

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
In other words, the traumatized aspect of Guts' mind is hidden right now because, if you were to meet him, it'd be impossible to tell something was wrong

Impossible? A big guy wearing a strange black armour with a face that's riddled with scars and a sword that's bigger than most men? I think you dont need a glimpse into his inner psyche to recognise that there's something wrong with the guy XD

Plus the looks he regulary gives to people is enough to make them soil themselves.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Feeblecursedone said:
Impossible? A big guy wearing a strange black armour with a face that's riddled with scars and a sword that's bigger than most men? I think you dont need a glimpse into his inner psyche to recognise that there's something wrong with the guy XD

Haaaa :guts: OK that made me smile. But yeah, these days though he's certainly intimidating just because of the figure he cuts, whenever he's being scary AF he's hidden in the armor anyways. We don't get bystanders witnessing Guts all holy shit like Jill did back in Lost Children anymore. I mean, we do still get bystanders going holy shit but the context is a lot different recently. Nowadays it's more like 'oh no a billion eldritch monsters - oh SHIT, the armor guy is outmonstering them!'

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skeleton said:
In other words, the traumatized aspect of Guts' mind is hidden right now because, if you were to meet him, it'd be impossible to tell something was wrong. Now if Guts was having a full blown struggle with his darker urges/emotions, to the point where when you went to meet him he looked like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket right before he killed himself, then his trauma wouldn't be hidden well.

I think you're forgetting about the concept of karmic fire. Flora knew about Guts' internal struggles just from seeing his brand and knowing about his relationship with Casca. The kind of life that follows a branded one isn't a deep secret. There's no question about the Elf King's ability to perceive such a thing -- particularly for a character who may very well know quite a bit about Guts already, if he turns out to have been the source all along for SK's prophecies about Guts (something we talk about on the podcast).

Two small mentions.

I think it's an interesting art choice for Ged to make him look old without all the detail Miura usually puts into older characters like the Pontiff, the King, or Flora. He's almost cartoony.

Second, we can finally dispel with the conspiracy theory that Puck is the Elf King.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skeleton said:
With that said, I probably could've been clearer with my wording, but what I'm saying is that, technically, Guts' mind is hiding the beast right now, in the sense that the aspects of Guts' mind/emotions that the beast represents have been subconsciously (unconsciously?) put on the back burner

It could be said that Guts is repressing those feelings. Not hiding them. Those words have very different meanings.

Skeleton said:
his mind's struggle/trauma isn't as noticeable to outsiders as it was at other points in the story. In other words, the traumatized aspect of Guts' mind is hidden right now because, if you were to meet him, it'd be impossible to tell something was wrong. Now if Guts was having a full blown struggle with his darker urges/emotions, to the point where when you went to meet him he looked like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket right before he killed himself, then his trauma wouldn't be hidden well.

Really? Like when? He's had episodes before, like that time he assaulted Casca. But that's about it. He was never raving mad like what you're describing here, and I think your insistence on this topic shows you don't really understand it. The Beast of Darkness is only one side of Guts, one aspect of his mind. He's had a "full blown struggle" for a good while, and because he's managed to suppress those feelings somewhat doesn't mean the struggle doesn't continue. Really, I don't think you have anything to go on here, especially since we were talking about the King of the Flower Storm, who is sure to have supernatural mind-reading abilities. It's not like he'd have to guess it by looking at Guts' face. That's kind of a presposterous argument to be honest.

Skeleton said:
I agree completely that if the king delves into Guts' mind like Schierke does then he'll see the trauma, and that elves are more than capable of getting the information, especially if something triggers that part of him. I just think it'd be harder for an elf to sense Guts' trauma now than, say, during his time as the Black Swordsman.

I disagree, actually. I think it's just as easy. I doubt the King will need to do anything to perceive what's going on with Guts. Like Walter said, even Flora felt it without even trying.

Skeleton said:
I really like that idea, but how would it work? Or rather what parts would you heal, remove, or fix that would "tame" the beast? Perhaps the king will be able to, for example, separate and remove the part of Guts that wants everyone he cares about to die while keeping his rage and desire to kill Griffith?

I don't think that's how it would work. Guts could simply better channel those dark feelings. Maybe even by simply internalizing the idea that his friends' help is his best way to get his revenge.

Skeleton said:
The other day I was thinking how great it would be for Guts if the king could carve a permanent talisman into the armor that not only performs Flora's talisman's function but also keeps Guts conscious like Schierke does for him now. But then I thought of how much damage the armor does to his body and senses and wondered if giving him an "excuse" to use the armor even more was a good idea. Plus I absolutely love how Miura designed the armor and its double-edged nature. I'd hate it if the armor was tinkered with too much or if the negative aspects of the armor were negated or removed.

It doesn't make much sense for a trick like that to be introduced. Even from the perspective of how the armor works.

Skeleton said:
I do agree though that he'll know about Guts' trauma. Even if he couldn't sense it directly it doesn't take an Einstein to connect the dots. Of course, given what Schierke says about what some elves with enormous power are capable of doing and the fact the king has already demonstrated this power with his prediction about Puck, the king probably wouldn't even need to sense it because he knew what was going to unfold before it happened.

Well we're in agreement then!

Skeleton said:
(Crazy conspiracy theory: And the king might even be the hidden hand that sent an unknowing Puck off of the island so that his dust could ensure Guts and Casca survived the eclipse, after his other agent rescued them, and then lead them back to the island?! Okay, probably not.)

Could the King of Elves be able to impact the world through causality? Who knows. Could Puck have been an unknowing agent of his, seeding good and thwarting evil in small but meaningful ways? Why not. This isn't the first time this idea crops up and it doesn't seem crazy at all to me.

ApostleBob said:
Second, we can finally dispel with the conspiracy theory that Puck is the Elf King.

Did anyone ever really believe that?

Aazealh said:
Now even putting that aside, keep in mind that Puck and Judo had met before the Band of the Falcon was even a thing. So Puck has been away for several years at the very least, and for all we know he's been roaming the world for 30 years.

Hello, guys! (First Post)

Considering the fact that Puck could be/was "wandering" around the "outside world" for so many years (decades?).

Plus the fact, that all those 'young' witches, showed last episode, seemed to remember him. Would be possible to assure that the witches are, possibly, older than what they look like to be?

Just an example to illustrate what I meant to say: In the "The Lord of the Rings"'s mythology, an hobbit is considered adult when he/she is 33 years old.

In others words, they have a different 'pattern' of...life (?), as the dwarves, that are considered adults in the age of 50.

So, in 'Witches' terms, I think it would be reasonable IF them, differently of men, could achieve very long lives. Even considering their 'purpose' to exist on this world.

:daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jemuller said:
Hello, guys! (First Post)

Considering the fact that Puck could be/was "wandering" around the "outside world" for so many years (decades?).
Plus the fact, that all those 'young' witches, showed last episode, seemed to remember him. Would be possible to assure that the witches are, possibly, older than what they look like to be?

Hello and welcome. No, witches are just normal humans who learn or have learned magic. It's something that technically anyone can do. What's happening here is that time flows differently on the island, as it was revealed in episode 342. So it's probable that although Puck wandered the outside world for who knows how many years, only a few years went by on the island. Those kids would have grown a bit, but not much.

Aazealh said:
Hello and welcome. No, witches are just normal humans who learn or have learned magic.

It's right. I forgot that for a moment, thanks Aaz!

IF they were considered a "race", it would not be possible to Farnese becomes a witch (in the future)! My bad! :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jemuller said:
It's right. I forgot that for a moment, thanks Aaz!
IF they were considered a "race", it would not be possible to Farnese becomes a witch (in the future)!

Exactly! And I'd say Farnese is already a witch, although still very much a novice obviously. But she has cast a big spell already. :guts:

Top Bottom