Episode 347

Somebody posted this on twitter, it was just drawn yesterday! :ubik:

4r8jMURlmOlU8ge_nHg6_Jq18esQbeID_J8RjBStd_8.jpg

Here is the original twitter post to it, which seems to have an interesting story behind it.

https://twitter.com/steinsgate_love/status/800942549628162048

Mangetsu said:
Somebody posted this on twitter, it was just drawn yesterday! :ubik:

Cx2E_mcUkAAxjS0.jpg

Here is the original twitter post to it, which seems to have an interesting story behind it.

https://twitter.com/steinsgate_love/status/800942549628162048

The tweet was deleted. Did anyone save the image?

Aazealh said:
... Also very intrigued by that child-like figure. It's not the boy, it's yet another representation of Casca, and I think it's one that's hiding itself. It's "the thing in the Abyss of Casca", as the text says.

Hey Aaz! I haven't seen this discussed since this particular mention, but I wanted to discuss this idea further. Specifically, why you don't think it's the moonlight child.

Before I continue, I think the child being a representation of casca makes the most sense. But just for discussions sake: looking at the sketches, with the way the chatacter is shown, it reminds me a lot of past instances when the moonlight child kind of just "shows up"/appears/whatever the correct term is. Also, we have seen the child come to guts' aid when he was in trouble, in astral form; is it a farfetched idea that he would show up to help casca, too?

Having this discussion/asking this question of you based off of sketches alone is more than likely moot, especially (as you've stated) with this being casca's deep conscious, the childlike figure being her makes the most sense. If it is the moonlight child, however, I think that would definitely add another element to this moment (not like it needs it :ganishka:)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
Hey Aaz! I haven't seen this discussed since this particular mention, but I wanted to discuss this idea further. Specifically, why you don't think it's the moonlight child.

Hey Chaos. I don't think it's the "Boy in the Moonlight" because the text Miura wrote on his sketch says it's something else. Also because this takes place inside Casca's psyche and relates to her specifically. Even if the boy were to appear in her dream, it wouldn't really be him, but a representation of him in her mind. Just like with other people (e.g. Guts).

Chaos said:
is it a farfetched idea that he would show up to help casca, too?

Yes it is. This takes place inside Casca's mind. It's not a place people can enter in their "body of light". That's why the group traveled all the way to Elfhelm instead of having Flora do it back at her place.

Aazealh said:
Hey Chaos. I don't think it's the "Boy in the Moonlight" because the text Miura wrote on his sketch says it's something else. Also because this takes place inside Casca's psyche and relates to her specifically. Even if the boy were to appear in her dream, it wouldn't really be him, but a representation of him in her mind. Just like with other people (e.g. Guts).

Yes it is. This takes place inside Casca's mind. It's not a place people can enter in their "body of light". That's why the group traveled all the way to Elfhelm instead of having Flora do it back at her place.

Well that answers that question, Miura himself stated so! Very cool that this info was include in the sketch.

And in regards to the second part of your response: absolutely makes sense. I was just thinking out loud, mainly due to the fact that we don't know the full extent of what the boy is capable of. Having said that, for him to be able to either project his astral form from afar and somehow join the ritual, or inexplicably be within the vicinity of the Sovereign of the flower storm and work his way into the ritual without undergoing the same process as Farnese and schierke and remain undetected all the while are both, admittedly, rather absurd thoughts. All I can say is the idea of him showing up to help casca got the better of me. :farnese:

Hopefully, when it is revealed what the childlike figure is/represents, it will not be detrimental in restoring casca!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
Hopefully, when it is revealed what the childlike figure is/represents, it will not be detrimental in restoring casca!

Well, like I said in the post you quoted originally, the text does give us an indication of what it is: "the thing in the Abyss of Casca". It's vague, sure, but still is a significant hint. One could guess that it is the core of Casca's ego, something that has retreated to the deepest parts of her mind and therefore broken her. Or maybe it is her fear/pain/trauma that she's secreted away, and again that could be the key to her condition. Or it could indeed be a representation of her son (who is obviously very important to her) and serve as a hint or a part of the puzzle to get her back.

Aazealh said:
Well, like I said in the post you quoted originally, the text does give us an indication of what it is: "the thing in the Abyss of Casca". It's vague, sure, but still is a significant hint. One could guess that it is the core of Casca's ego, something that has retreated to the deepest parts of her mind and therefore broken her. Or maybe it is her fear/pain/trauma that she's secreted away, and again that could be the key to her condition. Or it could indeed be a representation of her son (who is obviously very important to her) and serve as a hint or a part of the puzzle to get her back.

Oh man, totally didn't register that! That is extremely interesting. I wonder if after all this time it has taken shape to contain parts of all that you have mentioned? On the other hand, there is also the figure in the coffin to consider, in regards to her fear/pain/trauma, perhaps? Or maybe the two are somehow connected? With this being within her mind it's going to be fascinating to see how this unfolds.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
I wonder if after all this time it has taken shape to contain parts of all that you have mentioned? On the other hand, there is also the figure in the coffin to consider, in regards to her fear/pain/trauma, perhaps? Or maybe the two are somehow connected?

It's an incredibly difficult portion of the story to speculate about. We're in dreamland here, so there are many possibilities. The queen has already said that things may not be what they seem.

Danan: We can say that dreams are part of the Astral World, but their internal rules are subject to the mind of the dreamer.
Danan: Finding what those rules are is the first thing you should do.

Walter said:
It's an incredibly difficult portion of the story to speculate about. We're in dreamland here, so there are many possibilities. The queen has already said that things may not be what they seem.

Tell me about it; my head is spinning just based off of some sketches! I'm also curious to see what the rules are for casca, and what role the queen may have in all of this beyond what she is already doing (not to make light of what she is already doing: this isn't something that could have been done without her).

Top Bottom