Episode 358

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if they're still not married, he's still just a General.
Politics, even if he's a Messiah, he's still not a King.
Gotta love it.
As far as he's come Griffith is still just a general, he still has to play it by the book, even if he marries Charlotte, he will only be a prince.

I don't think you understand the point of my comment. There is no way in which Griffith is "just a general". He's pretty clearly the one making the rules in Falconia, a city created in his image and in which he regularly performs miracles.

The rationale that he needs to marry Charlotte and get the Pontiff's approval before he can access the throne is paper thin. It always was, but the more time passes, the more obvious it must be even to the average citizen. So I'm curious to see what will actually justify it in the story.

BiQ_

" ... "
Maybe it simply fancies him, just like being a revered king in the first place instead of being emperor of dread like Ganishka.

Also theatrics to appease the humans.

O04IpIV.jpg

The holy shotgun wedding approaches, too bad the king is dead and nobody has a shotgun, unless Rickert invents one. Who knows what a potential Godhand/human baby would be like. I wonder Griffith is fertile or if it would be technically the moonlight child's offspring. All I imagine is the baby coming out with Ubik's face... Jk. Also the moonlight child strikes again. So happy that berserk is back!

Hmm, Griffith jumping (?) from the window like that... wherever could he be going??? Might we finally be getting some answers about him and the Moonlight Child? There was a full moon in those last panels.

Needless to say, my curiosity is piqued. I do hope we're not waiting too long for the next episode.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dialogue-heavy episode! And seems to be about Griffith laying out the foundation of his kingdom -- how they'll accomplish it, and what it will look like.

Also it looks like the last page showed Griffith’s hair turning black. Should this be be considered at least implicit confirmation of the theory that he’s transforming into the Moonlight Boy?

The final line from him + the full moon are also ample support: やはり 。。。 ならば今夜が (Again then, tonight...) I also think that implies a switch back to Elfhelm, with a special visitor very soon. And all of that plays right into what we talked about in the recent Miura interview thread: "the first real duel with Griffith is approaching"

Kinda frustrating that the GAISERIC panel was cut off in this preview, considering it's the first time that character has been referenced in 25 years, but oh well, we'll get it tomorrow.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhhh, that feeling again... Of my predictions coming true.:ubik:Nice to finally see how the Griffith/Moonlight Boy transition works.

Also awesome to get a reference to my main man. :SK:

The beginning of the episode has Locus and Griffith outline what the Band of the Falcon has done (wiping out monsters, reclaiming land) and what remains to be done in the other territories. I'll check it some more later.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Also it looks like the last page showed Griffith’s hair turning black. Should this be be considered at least implicit confirmation of the theory that he’s transforming into the Moonlight Boy?
I'm pretty sure it is since the page before that we see the full moon and then we only see the empty blanket in the air. So excited about that bit of info we've seen. Also, I can't wait to learn more the panel we see Gaiseric in. Great episode even though I'm sure it'll be greater when we'll get the text because there seems to be a lot of stuff in it. Also, we got a nice map in one of the panels. I really dig how its represented.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
This episode is going to be a treat to fully understand. im waiting, fists clenched. I remember a theory of the Moonlight boy leaving Griffiths body somehow but this pretty much confirms that its a true physical transformation. I think Griff (our Griff) in a Skullkast once said something like "it would be awkward if Griffith transformed while in bed with Charlotte" and that pretty much happened. :ganishka:

If Griffith is heading to Guts and Casca at the end of this Episode, we might just get to see whats going to happen at Elfhelm not too long from now. although i REALLY wanted a peaceful therapy arc for Casca. There's still a chance i hope!

Last edited:

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Guys! This is huge!! If this is true about Femto also being the Moonlight Child, what the heck does he have planned for Casca and Guts????

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The big text on the full page with Griffith is pretty much the takeaway for the episode:

ならば我々も打ち建てて見せましょう
人間の版図
第二の帝国を

Which (roughly!) translates to:

Then let us build it,
a territory for humans.
The second empire.

(Gaiseric's being the first, naturally).

It's no surprise, but it cements what we had thought from the beginning about Griffith's intentions for the world: Wipe out all other creatures.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
More details courtesy of Puella: The ministers ask who had the idea to create an orphanage. Charlotte says she did. They're against it, saying there are other priorities, but Griffith backs her up.

In the part about Gaiseric, Griffith says that in ancient times, emperor Gaiseric built a great empire covering the whole continent. He then sets out his vision: to build it again, a second empire, a territory for humans.

This basically validates everything we've theorized about the God Hand's plan to eradicate astral beings. It also likely is a perversion of what Gaiseric did back then (just like Falconia is a twisted version of the former capital city).

Guys! This is huge!! If this is true about Femto also being the Moonlight Child, what the heck does he have planned for Casca and Guts????

Lol, you do realize we first found this out in 2006, right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Historically, the boy only has appeared when there was imminent danger to his parents (3 times: beach, island, and in the sea god) . But they're in Elfhelm now, with no threat in sight, surrounded by the most powerful magic users alive. I wonder what that portends...

Top Bottom