Episode 367

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This new era of Berserk is already like trying to admire a work of art as seen through a really dirty window. Viewing it through leaks makes it even worse—like someone peeing on that window. So I don't recommend it.

Flora says causality in that scene, not fate.

She also said, be not enamored with only the most wonderous marvels, but look at the truth before our eyes... [Berserk] is still alive!(..sorta? =) It's just missing some limbs, an eyeball or two, and its very being may be shattered... Oooh, got another continuation title, Insane Casca Berserk.

What does the next episode text say? Next one is coming on August 12? Thats a month away...I guess we're back to a monthly schedule then. Thats good in the long run I think, twice a month might have been too good to be true, while once a month gives Studio Gaga more time to work on the art, which might help it look a little better, even if it might never look 100% as good as Miura...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not so sure :D

I mean, I'm not sure either. We're just commenting based on bits and pieces here. :shrug: That's why it's best to wait for the full thing.
That said, there aren't too many possibilities at this point. If he's not trying to take her away then he's probably going to interfere with her trauma.

Is it Rakshas at the bottom of the last page ?

Doesn't seem so to me.

I mean, I'm not sure either. We're just commenting based on bits and pieces here. :shrug: That's why it's best to wait for the full thing.
That said, there aren't too many possibilities at this point. If he's not trying to take her away then he's probably going to interfere with her trauma.

Doesn't seem so to me.
I think you are right he is definitely trying to abduct her. I just think that weird thing with two glowing eyes on the floor is Rakshas (that's my headcanon until next episode). If it is just the wind the shape is really odd. After all, he already stuck to Zodd's wing in the past and promised to take Griffith's head. I think that's when he will make his move !

Knowing that there are about 4 more episodes taking place in Elfhelm, it seems most likely that this is
an abduction. It's the only logical explanation as to why they will have to leave the island so soon.
I quite honestly don't really know how to feel about the direction of the series.

Even through I was one of the more positive ones about the continuation by the team, my feelings are sadly quite mixed.
But for some reason I'm also terribly excited. Can't wait to see see where things go.

Clearly, Griffith is just going to take Casca back to her bed, tuck her in, and then come back to Guts and say, "Would you settle for a smile and a fond farewell?"

Last edited:
Some interesting new images!

I wonder if that panel of Griffith embracing Casca could lead to Griffith taking some damage. He's not going to phase out and let the dragonslayer bisect the boy's mother. And I don't know that Guts is going to stop the blade at the last second.

I wonder what SK is doing during that mess.
He and Danan are having a special moment. His horse is keeping watch.

an abduction. It's the only logical explanation as to why they will have to leave the island so soon.
It would be interesting to see how Casca would fair in Falconia. Especially if Griffith treats her well, perhaps even as a guarded haven for the boy on Full Moons. With her memories still being hazy, she would be an interesting new set of eyes within Falconia. Especially among the Apostles.
Clearly, Griffith is just going to take Casca back to her bed, tuck her in, and then come back to Guys and say, "Would you settle for a smile and a fond farewell?"
Hahaha. I think apologies are out of the question at this point.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I was fine with the shot of Griffith+Casca+Guts that seems to have been provocative. Although Guts' swing itself doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense, given that last episode proved he couldn't succeed. But if this is truly an abduction, it's one of the most boring possibilities to me. Removing Casca's agency just as she's able to become active again? I'm finding it really hard to rationalize this choice among all possible choices.

He's not going to phase out and let the dragonslayer bisect the boy's mother. And I don't know that Guts is going to stop the blade at the last second.
The framing makes it look like Guts DID stop the sword, in the same way as he has in the past.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Well, I guess kidnapping Casca make sense for Griffith's perceptive, in a way.
Now even when the boy will take over, he will still stay in Falconia,

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I guess kidnapping Casca make sense for Griffith's perceptive, in a way.
Now even when the boy will take over, he will still stay in Falconia,
That presumes the boy cares nothing for Guts, which isn't the case. Does this make sense from Griffith's perspective? Sure. But it's a raw deal for readers who were ready for Casca to become a real character again, and lead to a new group dynamic.

But hey, maybe his plan won't play out as intended, due to a last-minute intervention? Afterall, there's still some heavy hitters who haven't shown up yet.

It's hard to make out the episode title but it seems to be "Vanishing cherry blossoms".
Just one disturbing revelation after another then, huh?

But if this is truly an abduction, it's one of the most boring possibilities to me. Removing Casca's agency just as she's able to become active again? I'm finding it really hard to rationalize this choice among all possible choices.

This. Though this would be such a cliche' plot point, it makes me wonder if that's what happens at all. As bleak as it would be, I think it would make more sense if Griffith decides that Casca is a weakness of his due to MC's influence, and just kills her.

Griffith

This. Though this would be such a cliche' plot point, it makes me wonder if that's what happens at all. As bleak as it would be, I think it would make more sense if Griffith decides that Casca is a weakness of his due to MC's influence, and just kills her.

A lot of this speculation is predicated on the idea Griffith can't just kill them without the boy interfering, so this would be some attempt at neutralizing him.

Personally the abduction of Casca was the last thing I expected. I would have expected her to stick to Guts' group for the rest of the story, while gradually recovering, maybe joining the final battle in her fully restored warrior form. I hate that she would get the damsel in distress treatment (assuming that the abduction attempt actually succeeds and Guts, SK and everyone else fail to stop Griffith and Zodd) but I can see potential in having Casca in Falconia, potentially interact with Charlotte again or Sonia (I'm not sure if or how friendly she could be) and maybe change some things on the inside, having a more active role. This of course is if she isn't thrown in prison and is treated well, which I'm not sure how plausible it could be. Also, I'm not sure how she could possibly recover if she's far away from everyone that took care of her and in a city filled with Apostles and a God Hand member roaming around freely.

Griffith

I can see potential in having Casca in Falconia, potentially interact with Charlotte again or Sonia (I'm not sure if or how friendly she could be) and maybe change some things on the inside, having a more active role.

If Miura we're still authoring the series I would definitely be excited about the prospect of special insights we could get from Casca's perspective in this scenario, but that would be largely dependent on her private thoughts and conversations with Griffith, et al. Now she might as well be trapped in a giant crystal or something...

Giant_Mandragora_Sketch.jpg

If it worked before! :carcus:

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I have not looked at leaks but I'm assuming there is very little dialogue in this episode as well
Only five or so pages have leaked, I think. Hard to even say, given how they are cropped. But very little dialogue. 6 words total? It may as well not be there, honestly.

Top Bottom