Episode 367

If Griffith/Femto is kidnapping Casca I would be thrilled if Miura* was alive but now I'm worried about the dialogue in that case.

*(May his memory be a blessing)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lmao mori doesn't know anything
I gotta say, your opinion of this continuation has been a real rollercoaster to watch evolve!

One thing that could be a signal for what's coming next: those specter-like figures below Griffith on the last page. I wonder if, combined with the presumed episode title, Griffith has subdued the island's defenses and all the crazy shit the rest of the world has been dealing with is manifesting here on Elfhelm. Of course, there's no place on the planet better prepared to fend off an assault by magical creatures. But still... it could be bad.

Just finish to read the episode ... The art and the storyboarding are worst that in the last two episodes and the diaologue is still missing....

It was tough to not peak at leaks between hiatus but I will definitely wait between these more frequent releases.

When they referred to a maelstrom last episode I first thought of the vortex of souls. Even though it was referring to the feeling around Femto that everyone felt. Not sure if the vortex or anything crazy will show up in this episode. Not like it has any reason to only going by what we saw in 366. Just throwing it out there.

Some thoughts

I think the display of power we saw by Griffith is in regards to the Barytes elemental mentioned by Ged. He seems to gravitationally pull the island down. Im not sure what the emerging creatures could be, but a wild guess i have is that it might be in relation to Gaiserics former soldiers who passed away during the invasion that took place in ancient times. As far as the kidnapping goes, i guess Casca's wish of wanting to see Luca and the Girls will be fulfilled sooner than later.

Casca being kidnapped seems like a safety measure done by Griffith to protect future visits by the boy. Now that they should know it's him, they could bait the boy via Casca and just kill him, but by taking her to potentially Falconia that risk has diminished tremendously. It might just also be the boy protecting Casca from the gravitational pull, but it's hard to say.

The situation also merges Guts' goals of protection and revenge.

The art could have been better for this release, but at this point it is what it is.

Last edited:
I just read it, here are my thoughts on it :griffnotevil:

• The first 3 pages (Zodd VS Guts) where quite clear. You can understand Griffith totally ignores Guts, Zodd pretend to attack with one arm when the other was the real threat. Also I love that Griffith lost the "Moe" look with big eyes/lips, I feel like we went back to an earlier Griffith and this is one of the changes that I like (Maybe Miura would have done the same change in style now that things are getting darker ?)
  • Then comes the Serpico/Danann/Isma/Isidro. I really don't like how Serpico is drawn on the first of those pages, the second page he appears is way better. Danann and Isma look perfect.
  • With the leaks I thought the shapes on the ground (final page) was going to be Rakshas but I was wrong :D Danann says "They shall spring forth from the earth", what is she referring to ? Maybe its related to all the souls that have been sacrificed on Elfhelm a long time ago to make the wicker men ? Molda said to Schierke that the island was attacked a long time ago by an army from the continent (my guess, Gaiseric army). The Island must be a giant cemetery.
  • For me the chapter is just missing a few pages where Guts would notice Griffith walking toward Casca, and fight some more trying to reach him, with Zodd in his way.
  • My main gripe with the new chapters (the 3 of them), is we mainly have huge panels, like 2/3 max on most pages. I would like something more dense, with a few plain page/spread pages here and then.
  • I liked the environmental stuff (the tree dying, the floor crumbling, etc)
  • WHERE IS SKULL KNIGHT ?!

I just read some new pages of ep. 367, I think it's the whole thing. I liked what I read much better than I thought I would initially. The initial scans most of us saw were pretty low quality, the new ones we've been getting are better, and I'm sure the official release will be best of all. Gotta get it when it comes out! Anyways, my thoughts...

1: There was a little more dialogue here than in the previous 2 eps. I think Mori got Isma, Isidro, and Danan's voices/dialogue down pat, so that gives me encouragement for the rest of the continuation.

2: Mmm...yeah, I'm a little disappointed Casca is getting kidnapped, since like you guys mentioned I was hoping she would be an active member of the party again, that would have been very cool. But I doubt Mori would make something up as significant as that, Miura was probably planning on this so I have faith the story will move forward in an interesting way. Already, off the top of my head, if Casca returns to Falconia, that gives her an opportunity to see Luca and co. again, and also, very interestingly, I wonder if she'll interact with Sonia and perhaps even Charlotte. Those girls are loyal to Griffith but they don't know who Femto truly is, and if Casca reveals what he did to her, perhaps managing to overcome the Curse on her heart in the process, things could get very interesting.

3: I thought the art had its highs and lows. In general it looks MUCH better than the initial scans we saw, like I said, but the ending was a lil confusing. However, I think the blobby stuff coming out of the ground is Abyssal damned spirits, which is VERY cool. I think a monthly schedule, as I said on Twitter, will be a really good thing, one every two weeks is prolly a little too much for Studio Gaga. A monthly schedule should allow them enough time to really clean up the art and put a lot of thought into the paneling and layout, so I think by August we should see a marked improvement in quality :D

Im really curious about the next events so I think I like this episode

BUT

I think I witnessed Farnese's character assassination. Her bound with Casca is so special and was so crucial to her character development that I was really expecting her to defend Casca even if it's bound to fail , like standing up in front of Griffith or something at least trying. But she is just on the floor watching Griffith do his thing and I dont really understand why. But I understand that this scene could have been awkward to include in this episode for many reasons so its kinda ok i guess

Im really curious about the next events so I think I like this episode

BUT

I think I witnessed Farnese's character assassination. Her bound with Casca is so special and was so crucial to her character development that I was really expecting her to defend Casca even if it's bound to fail , like standing up in front of Griffith or something at least trying. But she is just on the floor watching Griffith do his thing and I dont really understand why. But I understand that this scene could have been awkward to include in this episode for many reasons so its kinda ok i guess
Mm...I understand, but I also think she might have been so overwhelmed by Griffith's presence she couldn't do anything. She's improved greatly since her days with the holy knights, but she still isn't anywhere near Guts' level, or even Schierke's. God Hand Femto could wipe her out just by looking at her, and even Schierke couldn't get close to him astrally without being drawn into his maelstrom, so I think Griffith just scooped up Casca with his hyperspeed/God Hand space warp capabilities without Farnese having even the opportunity to protest.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
But she is just on the floor watching Griffith do his thing and I dont really understand why.
Mm...I understand, but I also think she might have been so overwhelmed by Griffith's presence she couldn't do anything.

It's just not depicted because the team didn't know what to show. One panel they're there, the other they're not. That's just how it's going to be with this project going forward. If you start thinking about it, you'll find there's a whole bunch of missing details like this in the three episodes they've done so far. It's inevitable I guess. Best to focus on what they show and to fill out the rest with your imagination.

I have mixed feelings for this episode, it seems weird Guts to have so much strength without using berserk armor being that a few episodes ago he could barely hold his sword without it (looks like they forgot the existence of beast of darkness and Guts and Casca brand on this episode), and the kidnapping seemed a very poor way to get Guts out of elfhelm (even making sense narratively for Griffith), but if i'm not mistaken Miura already had it done a foreshadowing on hall of dreams, with hawk Griffith trying to capture dream Casca, so it looks that this had been planned for a while.

I also think they could have focused a little bit on Schierke and Farnese's face-to-face reaction with Griffith. Farnese not trying to defend Casca looks off to her character.

The art is a roller coaster, several really good moments and majestic backgrounds but some moments characters had weird poses and face shapes, Isidro and Serpico seemed a little off to me.

Last edited:
It's just not depicted because the team didn't know what to show. One panel they're there, the other they're not. That's just how it's going to be with this project going forward. If you start thinking about it, you'll find there's a whole bunch of missing details like this in the three episodes they've done so far. It's inevitable I guess. Best to focus on what they show and to fill out the rest with your imagination.
I guess...this will be our struggle :sad:

Admittedly, I used to catch myself getting frustrated with long hiatuses between episodes and, while I didn't hate this episode, I'm already wanting them to slow down. They're doing a fine job all things considered, but some panels, some angles, feel off. The rage face on page 7, yikes. That being said, there is way more to appreciate than to dislike. It is what it is now, I guess. Take your time, team. We aren't going anywhere.

so the whole episode is already up and translated. Lots of weird things going on this episode. It's sometimes hard to follow due to Miura not being involved and the constant teleporting around of Griffith.

So the weird shadowy figures on the last page are something new? apostles being summoned through some new type of portal? I definitely didn't expect any new type of creature erupting from bellow Elfhelm.

Top Bottom