Episodes 365 & 366

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Episode 365 will be published in Young Animal #13, slated to be released on June 24.

RELEASES: June 24, 2022
DIGITAL STORE: Click here (Price: 470円 / $3.5)
PHYSICAL COPY: Buy from Amazon Japan | CDJapan (Price: around $20 shipping included)

It will be a double issue, meaning that episode 366 will apparently also be included. Furthermore a color illustration will be published as well.

YA_next_365.jpg

It will be the first time Berserk is published without Miura's direct involvement. Instead, the series is being restarted based on some of the material he left behind as well as what he had told his close ones of the story over the years. Kouji Mori, his best friend and a fellow mangaka, will write and supervise the series going forward, while Miura's assistants will draw it under the banner of Studio Gaga. For more details on the announcement, you can check the dedicated thread.

A glimpse of the episode was revealed as part of the announcement:

365_announcement.jpg

Worth noting: YA has announced that six episodes will be published, including this one, until the end of the Elf Island chapter. From their wording, I expect these episodes to be released in relatively close succession. After that, not only a new chapter but a new arc will begin.

-----------------------------------------------------

Our forum policy prohibits the posting of full episode scans. Read more about our decision here. Instead, you are encouraged to purchase the digital edition of Young Animal.

First time buying a digital Young Animal magazine?

Read Aazealh's guide, or watch Walter's video tutorial.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: This magazine is only in Japanese? I can't read Japanese, so why should I buy it?
A:
I can't read Japanese either. But if you want to follow along with the latest Berserk releases, getting this magazine is the only legal way to do it. Berserk's episodes run in these magazines months or years before they are collected into a volume. You can read our summaries on the forum and wait for our English text-based translations of each episode, available in a week or so after release.

Q: What do I need to set up an account on Hakusensha-E?
A:
A valid email address, a Chrome browser (or another browser with a built-in Japanese language translation), and a credit card. PayPal is not accepted at this time. Follow Aazealh's guide to learn more in-depth information on setting up an account.

Q: Purchasing requires my bank to do extra stuff because it's an international purchase. What do I do?
A:
This happens to many first-time customers to shops outside your country of origin. It's your bank flagging a new kind of transaction from a new country. To ensure that this transaction is valid, you may be asked for more information to verify your identity and your bank account. Afterward, this is an automatic process. If you have further questions, you can read VISA's guide on how this process works, or contact your bank.

I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me. When I see that episode number, for a brief second I feel the excitement of a new Berserk episode like we're coming back from a long hiatus, but I quickly remember it's not going to be the same...

I will be open-minded though. I'm happy they at least announced it so close to its release.

Atocas

Voice in the Void
I'm really curious about this episode and what the story pacing will be like going forward.

It's super interesting to know that we were moving towards the end of the Fantasia arc with now only 6 episodes left to close it. I do wonder if Miura would have made the same amount of episodes, but it's plausible considering how 364 started the climax of the chapter and how the general flow of episodes may have been planned in advance already.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely didn't expect to see a thread with that number on it.

I actually wonder if they'll keep the episode numbering. They only confirmed they'd keep the volume numbering in the announcement. I guess we'll see! And I'll also update the thread title to say "Episode 365 & 366" once we get that confirmation.

It's super interesting to know that we were moving towards the end of the Fantasia arc with now only 6 episodes left to close it. I do wonder if Miura would have made the same amount of episodes, but it's plausible considering how 364 started the climax of the chapter and how the general flow of episodes may have been planned in advance already.

We knew we were close to ending the Elf Island chapter, but I'm not sure at all that Miura intended to end the Fantasia arc so soon. In fact that seems pretty unlikely to me since it would mean having an arc with a single chapter in it. One of the many things we may never quite get the answer to...

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Im glad to be back on the hype train even though it'll be weird to know its not from the master. ☺️

Im a bit rusty since its been a while but the pre-orders for the physical copy comes around next week?

Im glad to be back on the hype train even though it'll be weird to know its not from the master. ☺️

Im a bit rusty since its been a while but the pre-orders for the physical copy comes around next week?
From memory, it's usually few days before the actual release date. I'll post the link as soon as I see the pre-orders available. :slan:

We knew we were close to ending the Elf Island chapter, but I'm not sure at all that Miura intended to end the Fantasia arc so soon. In fact that seems pretty unlikely to me since it would mean having an arc with a single chapter in it. One of the many things we may never quite get the answer to...
I agree...Do you think that Mori statement wasn't well translate? Or that He made confusion (as in Berserk chapters are episode and so on)?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I agree...Do you think that Mori statement wasn't well translate? Or that He made confusion (as in Berserk chapters are episode and so on)?

Nope, I checked the original and it says "arc" (篇) even in Japanese, and that's from the Young Animal statement, not Mori's. So they are definitely saying a new arc will begin.

As for chapters and episodes, Mori and YA actually go through the trouble of spelling "episode" in katakana several times (エピソード), but their English translator still mistranslated the Japanese counter for "episode" (話) as "chapter"... Even though they talk about the end of the actual chapter (章) in the same sentence. It can be confusing as a result, but obviously there's no mistake in the Japanese text. The French translator got it right, too.

That's good news! I have an actual credit card ready to not be scammed by amazon JP this time! Wait, I guess I already decided it, I'm gonna fully support these six episodes at least, you guys convinced me with all the emotions we have been going through since May.

I pre-ordered my hard copy as well, hoping it will arrive by my birthday as a lovely present.
When you realise Griffith's birthday already passed... :judo: I feel like mine will arrive by my birthday too... in October...
Happy birthday, btw. :iva:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Now that it's come to this I'm wishing them nothing but the best. I'm very excited to see the rest of the story beats.

So, episode 365 and 366 will be in this magazine issue?

Has Berserk ever had 2 episodes in one magazine issue like this?

2 Episodes in one issue...and only about 2 weeks away. All this news is happening so quickly its surreal, it was already hard to process the initial announcement and now we're getting double episodes?? Really looking forward to these coming out for obvious reasons, but also looking forward to breaking the seal on this new phase of Berserk so I can adjust to it.

I'm more curious than ever now about the pace of releases now......while impossible to know .....any predictions?

The fact there's already two episodes done and assumedly more in the making has me feeling like the overall release schedule will probably be much faster than it was under Miura. I could be all "hurr hurr no more hiatuses" but really, it makes me feel like they probably aren't going to agonize over every detail the way Miura did. A drop in art quality was inevitable, I just hope it isn't too severe.

Top Bottom