Episodes 365 & 366

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
In normal circumstances, I'd say that it could also take place in two steps, with this confrontation ending with the chapter, and the next one dealing with the invasion and having to fight it off. However given that they said the arc itself is ending, and since they may be skipping certain things... I don't know.

Yeah, I also liked this idea. Maybe we're reading too much into the chapter/arc break and it's not going to be such a departure in the next arc? Maybe it'll be the beginning of the Ultimate God Hand Magic War Arc, with the island being the first battleground.:shrug:

about this pesky situation where he doesn't have full control over his body every once in a blue full moon. The surest way to resolve this would be to get rid of daddy and mommy. But maybe doing it himself is difficult

Grimly logical, but would it solve the problem or merely exacerbate the situation? I guess we'll find out if he's here to act on it. My question would be why didn't he order Zodd to take care of this any other time, like in Vritannis when both of them saw Guts and Casca (maybe he wasn't sure or it hadn't escalated to point yet)? Also, mentally, it's hard for me to think of Griff not coming to Elfhelm to deal with it specifically, but maybe that's the twist and it doesn't matter to him anymore as you say. Plus, he can burn it down and take their heads anyway! :griffnotevil:

I don't think it'd be great if he could overwhelm everyone and just gloat. I believe it's got to be something more nuanced

I definitely agree, I just wonder what form that nuance will take.

I mean he has to falter at some point, otherwise he wins in the end. I'm starting to question your agenda here @Griffith! :ganishka:

What!? I'm rooting for the good guys of course, the unlikely hero that came from nothing and burns with a fire to overcome all odds and realize a seemingly impossible goal! :guts:

And none shall stop him. :femto:

Given the way the island was presented to us, I don't think it would make sense for Guts to venture out while everyone else stayed behind, then return later with reinforcements. Even if the group were to be split off (which I made a thread about a couple of years ago), I believe they'd still all leave the place.

Oh, I agree, I didn't flesh out my personal fanfic there, but in this scenario I definitely imagined them all leaving but going their separate ways for a while. It would be equally fascinating to see Casca emerge within the group without Guts. Still, I count these scenarios behind the most likely, which is they're all sticking together for the duration.

As for the light & dark aspect of his astral figure... The darkness going all the way up to the hair is reminiscent of the transformation into the boy, as is the weird shape that it has, evoking a dual identity of some kind, but I also wonder if it couldn't be a hint of "Femto" being underneath. Because I'm not sure how the Griffith/Femto thing would work otherwise.

Unless it is a way to express the dual astral identity of Griffith and the Boy, I'm surprised it wasn't just Femto. It'll be interesting to hear Schierke compare what she saw now to the boy before, and perhaps after enough time without the full moon we'll see the remnants of the boy dissipate and Femto take shape there yet. I also wonder if that won't be an event in itself, like does Femto's Griffith suit provide astral camouflage as well, like the power we're seeing is merely Femto being contained and his release will literally blow Schierke and every magic user's mind and plunge the entire island into what could be called... a torrent of darkness!?

Last edited:
Genuinely almost cried upon seeing this news. I'm shocked rn and so happy Miura trained his assistants so well. Honestly I haven't actually read the last couple chapters of berserk that Miura did. After his death I kind of kept putting them off, like a perfect piece of fruit I couldn't bring myself to eat, to know it would be all over and done forever. No more of that now, I shall catch up immediately!

Last edited:
I held off from writing my opinion for this Project. Im glad we are getting these Episodes, simply because we get to see what Miuras intentions were. As many of you have said, Berserk ended with the Tragic death of Mr Miura.
Im also really glad to read all your Comments and Discussions and of course the Podcasts, they are for me just as important as the new Episodes.

Im also really glad to read all your Comments and Discussions and of course the Podcasts, they are for me just as important as the new Episodes.
This is an opinion I hold as well. Without a doubt, for me Berserk was a unique title to the point it spawned one of the most important communities in the history of the internet. 13 pages worth of content in a forum in 2022 is no joke.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we're reading too much into the chapter/arc break and it's not going to be such a departure in the next arc?

Yeah that's kind of my point, given how little we know about their plans it's probably better to not assume too many things...

My question would be why didn't he order Zodd to take care of this any other time, like in Vritannis when both of them saw Guts and Casca (maybe he wasn't sure or it hadn't escalated to point yet)? Also, mentally, it's hard for me to think of Griff not coming to Elfhelm to deal with it specifically, but maybe that's the twist and it doesn't matter to him anymore as you say. Plus, he can burn it down and take their heads anyway! :griffnotevil:

Fair question about Vritannis, although at the time it's Zodd who specifically decided to spare Guts and the group, to the point where he held the others back. Different situation than if his master is directly telling him what to do, and I guess for him all that matters is to be able to fight Guts at his best anyway. There's also the fact that the boy had only pulled his little trick once, and Griffith himself might not have entirely caught up yet. Then came the second time on the solitary island, and he resolved to make sure the next time would be the last. It's one thing to let Guts crawl in the mud like a powerless bug, it's another when his body moves on its own halfway across the world to play house. Also, technically Griffith didn't come to Elfhelm, he just woke up there. He might have counted on it to happen, but at the end of the day it was still down to the boy to make his move.

Anyway, that's just a possibility, and like you said it's not like he's limited to a single objective.

It would be equally fascinating to see Casca emerge within the group without Guts.

Indeed!

Still, I count these scenarios behind the most likely, which is they're all sticking together for the duration.

Yeah, I don't think it's a done deal at all. Besides, there's really a ton of stuff left for them to do on the island, so much so that I don't quite see how they could just leave it right away (without skipping part of the story).

Unless it is a way to express the dual astral identity of Griffith and the Boy, I'm surprised it wasn't just Femto. It'll be interesting to hear Schierke compare what she saw now to the boy before, and perhaps after enough time without the full moon we'll see the remnants of the boy dissipate and Femto take shape there yet. I also wonder if that won't be an event in itself, like does Femto's Griffith suit provide astral camouflage as well, like the power we're seeing is merely Femto being contained and his release will literally blow Schierke and every magic user's mind and plunge the entire island into what one could called... a torrent of darkness!?

Well we've already seen him blanketed in that blinding white light in the past, for example back when Ganishka saw him on the horizon (as a literal Falcon of Light). It does feel like a very convenient "camouflage" to me in that regard, and it reminds me a bit of his words to Ganishka: "Since the light-bearer exists in the thickest darkness, it’s in darkness that true light can be found." Maybe the reverse is true as well.

Regarding the theory of Griffith here to execute Mom & Pops. Is that a good idea when the son has control over your body at times?

What I remember is the moonlight boy left on the branches before his time was up during the boat arc. It’s interesting that Muira had him stick around to transform this time.

Regarding my thoughts on the new episodes: I don’t care much about the art, I believe they should use there own style in fact and not try mimicking Miura at all. The only thing they need to focus on is storytelling, and that requires better execution, panelling and composition than they displayed. The art could be sketchy for all I care. What I’m looking forward to is simply something good, something that makes sense within Muira’s world. I’m not thinking much about what Muira would do, but rather, “would Muira be happy with this interpretation?”. Which I’ll selfishly assume he would be if it is executed to a satisfying degree for myself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What I remember is the moonlight boy left on the branches before his time was up during the boat arc. It’s interesting that Muira had him stick around to transform this time.
His last name is spelled Miura, btw. And the boy overslept while in his mother's arms. He was trying to leave at the end of Ep 364, but didn't make it out in time. And obviously, all of that was a vehicle to facilitate this showdown between Guts and Griffith.

His last name is spelled Miura, btw. And the boy overslept while in his mother's arms. He was trying to leave at the end of Ep 364, but didn't make it out in time. And obviously, all of that was a vehicle to facilitate this showdown between Guts and Griffith.
Typo. Overslept may be a sound theory, but we don’t know when he got up and he was just sitting outside. What I’m trying to guess is the reason Miura is giving Griffith for now showing up. Maybe it’s a fluke, maybe it’s on purpose by both to kidnap Casca. We do know Griffith can to some degree feel what the boy feels even when he’s in full control, maybe the boy can feel some of Griffiths intentions. They also got a big safe city now where Casca can chill at within arms length. But I’m purposely looking for a different idea than execute Ma & Pa. It might not make a lot of sense.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone noticed that Studio Gaga changed Griffith eye design?
His pupil was white before, now it's black.

His pupils weren't always white before. They've been black too. It's not notable.

Overslept may be a sound theory, but we don’t know when he got up and he was just sitting outside.

It could be as simple as him being blindsided by the fact time flows differently on the island. He may have thought he had enough time left when he didn't.

maybe it’s on purpose by both to kidnap Casca.

Given what Griffith explains about the boy's feelings in episode 364, I really don't think you can assume that they would have a shared goal.

Griffith

There's also the fact that the boy had only pulled his little trick once, and Griffith himself might not have entirely caught up yet. Then came the second time on the solitary island, and he resolved to make sure the next time would be the last. It's one thing to let Guts crawl in the mud like a powerless bug, it's another when his body moves on its own halfway across the world to play house.

Yeah, and frankly, even before any of this happened Guts should have been his first target, and sort of was, but in that roundabout, "I just need to see you first thing to make sure I don't even care about you... And now my body is moving on its own to shield Casca? Uhhh... Ok, whatever, we're leaving!" Maybe I am overestimating Griffith. =)

Btw, Casca has been in the center of Griffith invincibility forcefield! It probably won't come up but technically she could remember and have some insight about the experience, "He actually just moved really fast and pushed all the boulders away, then pretended he didn't do anything."

Also, technically Griffith didn't come to Elfhelm, he just woke up there. He might have counted on it to happen, but at the end of the day it was still down to the boy to make his move.

With this thought in mind it's hard not to reinterpret his words about that being the night before we saw him disappear in the moonlight; at the time he was seemingly only referring to the change itself, but in retrospect he may have been talking about his own plans moving forward.

Yeah, I don't think it's a done deal at all. Besides, there's really a ton of stuff left for them to do on the island, so much so that I don't quite see how they could just leave it right away (without skipping part of the story).

We'll see, but yeah, there was so much set up that's yet to be paid off it'll be hard not to feel like a lot was abridged if they do end up leaving at the end of these remaining four episodes.

It does feel like a very convenient "camouflage" to me in that regard, and it reminds me a bit of his words to Ganishka: "Since the light-bearer exists in the thickest darkness, it’s in darkness that true light can be found." Maybe the reverse is true as well.

Yeah man, they're hiding the darkest shit behind the brightest lights. On this notion, Griffith's whole story, why he bothers with Zodd as his bodyguard, or the Falcons and Falconia, and why he'll reveal just enough the true nature of his army but never himself... it's all a way to translate or frame everything in just human enough terms that mankind can comprehend it and comply. Clearly he and the God Hand need some level of complicity from mankind in whatever their ultimate aim is, whether it's a simple matter of getting them to go along, or if mankind literally needs to "choose" whatever fate coming for it to work.

His pupils weren't always white before. They've been black too. It's not notable.

Second time this has come up... C'mon guys, not everything is something!

Fast-forward to Schierke saying the key to knowing when Griff's vulnerable is the color of his pupils. =)

It could be as simple as him being blindsided by the fact time flows differently on the island. He may have thought he had enough time left when he didn't.

He certainly didn't seem like he was in any hurry to leave Guts, but of course, he is a child and theoretically as unreliable as one in such matters.

Given what Griffith explains about the boy's feelings in episode 364, I really don't think you can assume that they would have a shared goal.

We'll know the series ain't the same if Griffith starts creepily calling her "mommy" and caressing her cheek with the back of his hand like an 80s movie villain, "Exquisite."

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, and frankly, even before any of this happened Guts should have been his first target, and sort of was, but in that roundabout, "I just need to see you first thing to make sure I don't even care about you... And now my body is moving on its own to shield Casca? Uhhh... Ok, whatever, we're leaving!" Maybe I am overestimating Griffith. =)

Haha yeah, I mean it makes sense he's nearly unstoppable: he is very powerful, has supernatural insight into things, and is following a carefully laid plan helped by allies that are just as strong in their own ways. But there's got to be a limit, and I think that scene on the Hill of Swords is a good example of it. From his perspective, it's fine to let these people run around... so long as it doesn't hinder his actual objectives, because then it becomes very serious business.

If he doesn't just plan on killing them or destroying the island, I feel like that could even be his warning to them: "Stay put here in this place and live your miserable lives in peace, you've earned it. But I'll make sure the boy doesn't skip his bedtime anymore, and if you ever step out of here into my world again, I'll crush you." I think that'd put them in an interesting situation, even though it's clear both Guts and Casca would definitely go after him anyway.

Btw, Casca has been in the center of Griffith invincibility forcefield! It probably won't come up but technically she could remember and have some insight about the experience

If Miura were still with us, I'm 100% sure it would have come up eventually, even if just in passing. But since we're getting scraps, nothing's guaranteed...

With this thought in mind it's hard not to reinterpret his words about that being the night before we saw him disappear in the moonlight; at the time he was seemingly only referring to the change itself, but in retrospect he may have been talking about his own plans moving forward.

Yeah, and I seem to recall us evoking that possibility too, either at the time or later on.

Yeah man, they're hiding the darkest shit behind the brightest lights. On this notion, Griffith's whole story, why he bothers with Zodd as his bodyguard, or the Falcons and Falconia, and why he'll reveal just enough the true nature of his army but never himself... it's all a way to translate or frame everything in just human enough terms that mankind can comprehend it and comply. Clearly he and the God Hand need some level of complicity from mankind in whatever their ultimate aim is, whether it's a simple matter of getting them to go along, or if mankind literally needs to "choose" whatever fate coming for it to work.

Yeah, I mean at the end of the day the goal seems to be to control mankind, not like, annihilate it or anything. That implies manipulating them to a sufficient extent that they end up in a situation they won't ever be able to get out of. At least that's how I've always perceived it. It's why he didn't just fly to some capital city (didn't even have to be Midland's!) and declare himself king, crushing everyone to a pulp until the others complied. Ever since becoming Femto, his goals have been on a different level, no doubt aligned with what the rest of the God Hand had been plotting for hundreds of years.

And for the readers, the beauty of it lies in how ambiguous he is. We don't know what we thinks, we don't know what he can or can't do, why he does something or not, and outside of his encounters with reminders of his dark past (Guts, Casca, Rickert), we just see him steamroll through each step of the plan with barely any effort, as if he were simply going through the motions (which he is most of the time). That makes for a very mysterious (and therefore compelling) villain. :griffnotevil:

Page 9

Farnese: Teacher!!!

Farnese: No! Please stop.

Schierke: Fa… Farnese?!

Schierke: Ho… how (did you manage to come)!

Farnese: Nevermind that…
I have a message and promise to everyone. I will recall the details as much as possible and tell the story.
Also, I will only write the episodes that Miura talked to me about. I will not flesh it out. I will not write episodes that I don’t remember clearly. I will only write the lines and stories that Miura described to me.

Kouji Mori
Do you guys think that Farnese appearing without an explanation Is what Mori was refering in his statement? Like he knew Farnese was in that scene, but he couldn't recall how She end up being there? If that Is the case, and as the Manga go on, do you think we will have many more moments like this one?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys think that Farnese appearing without an explanation Is what Mori was refering in his statement? Like he knew Farnese was in that scene, but he couldn't recall how She end up being there?

I'm going to guess that it probably isn't what he meant, but to be honest at this point we just don't have enough information to be sure. That said I do expect that going forward, what we see on the page will be streamlined. It seems unavoidable.

As to why Rickert was able to hit Griffith, I'm sure you guys talked about it extensively over the years. I always thought that Griffith felt very relaxed around Rickert, held him dear despite removing his emotional attachments, and possibly felt some guilt over the fate of his companions, not in the way where he could truly feel sorry, just had that basic understanding that he did indeed betrayed his comrades and deserved the slap. For that reason I'm not sure if Rickert could damage him in any way again, now that their connection is completely severed.

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
I was quiet until now, because you guys talked about everything, or i just had nothing to add on discussions.

But I have a question (or just a speculation) that just putting it here I can had a conclusion about't.

If Griffith and Zodd are there alone, on the place that probably is the "nest" of all their enemies that can disturb his plans(if not all, probably 90%), do you think that the Island residents plus Guts and co cannot injure Griffith? Or even if there's reinforcement coming, they can put the new falcons to a very balanced fight?

This all remember me when SK jumped into the vortex on the eclipse, on the middle of all his enemies and all he can do is save Guts and Caska, maybe Zodd is here just to help Griffith escape? I know that the entire island was surprised and not prepared, but there are very powerful and wise (with 'some' knowledge about the god hand), and I cannot see a way that just Zodd and Griffith can escape the island unharmed, mainly Zodd, since we don't know the extent of Griffith power.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If Griffith and Zodd are there alone, on the place that probably is the "nest" of all their enemies that can disturb his plans(if not all, probably 90%), do you think that the Island residents plus Guts and co cannot injure Griffith? Or even if there's reinforcement coming, they can put the new falcons to a very balanced fight?

I think if the four Great Gurus, Danan, the Skull Knight and Guts can't push back at all against Griffith, it would make the situation seem pretty hopeless. I don't expect him to get smacked down or anything, but it'd be pretty crazy if he were able to dominate them all at once without breaking a sweat.

Now as for mere apostles (even if we're talking Zodd and Grunbeld), I can't conceive of a scenario where the island's residents couldn't take them on. As a reminder, Flora was practically dead before they even arrived, and that's why they could just walk in and do whatever they wanted, but she still managed to stop Grunbeld with a wall of fire and that was it for him. If four magicians at least as powerful as she was, plus the Volvaba who seems to be no slouch, plus the Sovereign of the Flower Storm, plus the Skull Knight were to get going... With Guts' group on top of that... It feels like a lot of apostles would die.

I was quiet until now, because you guys talked about everything, or i just had nothing to add on discussions.

But I have a question (or just a speculation) that just putting it here I can had a conclusion about't.

This all remember me when SK jumped into the vortex on the eclipse, on the middle of all his enemies and all he can do is save Guts and Caska, maybe Zodd is here just to help Griffith escape? I know that the entire island was surprised and not prepared, but there are very powerful and wise (with 'some' knowledge about the god hand), and I cannot see a way that just Zodd and Griffith can escape the island unharmed, mainly Zodd, since we don't know the extent of Griffith power.
I’m interested in seeing if Griffith retains all his Godliness in a place low on the weight elementals. It wouldn’t surprise me that due to being unprepared he leaves the island with the indication of coming back in force, making our good guys start preparing for battle and/or evacuate before Griffith comes back.

Last edited:

chickenandchips

Berserk Gatekeeper.
The reduction in quality whilst, not totally off-putting, is substantially noticeable. But sacrifices are to be expected when you're going from a master releasing 2-3 episodes a year to trainees releasing a episode monthly.

The pacing was far too fast. The lack of dialogue might be a worrying sign that the current artists and director don't know these characters to the depths you'd hope they would.

This project has caveat emptor written all over it.

I think aaz nailed it saying execution is everything. Appreciative as I am, the episodes did feel soulless and I also felt a bit sad. The way they drew guts, Griffith and casca was not bad but they are lacking the Miura charm and I strangely did not recognize the characters I knew for so long anymore.

It is nice to see where the story was supposed to go but this was one of the biggest climaxes of the whole story and I felt very neutral reading it. What is the point in getting the story if it doesnt connect with you. I would take 2 or 3 more episodes made by Kentaro Miura where all guts does is do push ups and eat breakfast in exchange for a hundred episodes by studio gaga.

To summarize, they did their best, some moments did look cool. Its lacking the classic berserk charm (obviously). Hopefully they improve and story beats land better.

I'll admit,
seeing Zodd land, I did feel a slight euphoria, exclaiming to myself "oh sh@@, y'all in trouble now!".
So if I don't overthink it, I'd probably still enjoy what's to come at a much more basic level. This episode, and that euphoria would've been 100x better had KM executed it.

Nevertheless, I concur with your thoughts. The episode lacked that quality and refinement we've come to expect. Without the touch of class that once elevated the artwork, writing, characters and story, it will inevitably devolve into "big sword guy - the manga". It is concerning.

Thats exactly how I feel too. The episodes were awesome and the art looked a lot better than I thought but while I was reading I kept asking myself what would page X look like if Miura was still here? Would he depict Griffith/Femtos astral form like that? etc. etc.

All that just made me miss Miura even more. But I am still happy we get to see the ending Miura envisioned. I am looking forward to the next episodes and especially what Skull Knight will do now.
I personally wont regard anything after 364 as cannon, as arrogant as that might be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
I don't expect him to get smacked down or anything, but it'd be pretty crazy if he were able to dominate them all at once without breaking a sweat.
With that said, Zodd is here bring to Griffith back as he perceived that he doesn't returned after the full moon and the plan is to quickly come back, or Zodd will need to sacrifice something.

If four magicians at least as powerful as she was, plus the Volvaba who seems to be no slouch, plus the Sovereign of the Flower Storm, plus the Skull Knight were to get going... With Guts' group on top of that... It feels like a lot of apostles would die.
And I don't think that Griffith want that sacrifice at this point, if he planned to wake up in the island, maybe his plan is a single target, a person, object or place (maybe the cherry blossom tree as already speculated in other topics), but I don't think that a mass attack on the island and their residents is a real plan.

I think that this chapter will end with the first lose of Griffith/Femto, with or without a plan.

Last edited:
Well, I'm certainly glad to see many of you also expressing confusion over the "Guts swinging his sword at Griffith" scenes, as I really didn't get what was going on there. Well, it was clear that the sword was going through Griffith, or some projection of Griffith, or where Guts thought he was seeing Griffth... well, I think I've made my point. Would've preferred to see Griffith just effortlessly dodging the Dragon Slayer, but whatevs.

While the quality/pacing of these episodes was definitely not up to Miura's standard, I still found them overall enjoyable, and appreciated the effort the Studio Gaga and Mori put in to them. As someone who was reading the series The Wheel of Time when the author passed away and the final three books were handed over to someone else (albeit with extensive notes, since Robert Jordan knew he wasn't going to live to finish writing the series), I kind of expected the early episodes from SG to be a bit rough and sort of in an uncanny valley area, since the transition would be most obvious here. In time, I imagine SG will find their groove, and things will improve (though certainly not to Miura levels). Even so, I'd still consider what they're doing now better than most of the manga out there. That said, the question of "What would Miura have done?" will never go away from the back of my mind while reading new episodes, so that's just something to deal with now.

The only thing that really bothered me (other than the sword swinging scenes) was Zodd. The drawing of Zodd seems super off to me, and he seems to have gotten much larger than he normally is. Maybe it's a matter of perspective in the scene or something, but... it's just really off to me.

Last edited:
I think I dug the episodes myself for the most part. I’m leaning hard into the preception that this isn’t Miuras Berserk though. So this perception gives working area for the pacing, the art, and story to carry out in the new style. I certainly didn’t see any sort of “deal breaker” for me.

If I had to point out what I maybe didn’t dig so much, it’s art related, I don’t think Casca’s expressions are all that great, that’s just me. People are finding way more things that bothered them, than I found myself, so I’m kinda suprised just how passive I appear to be about the continuation. Griffith looks a little off to me as well but the other characters look alright I think. I think the abridged pace is something that I will have to the most. The panels are different, some work for me, some don’t. I really just need more material to make a definitive decision. I’m am certainly interested in seeing what the team puts out as we carry on. I’m here to support it. Whether they had chose to do a novel, a interview or a continuation, I was going to be on board.

I also want to also state the continuation has helped me a lot with processing the loss of Muira and I don’t know how to explain, but simply I already feel so much better about all things Berserk.

Griffith

Well, I'm certainly glad to see many of you also expressing confusion over the "Guys swinging his sword at Griffith" scenes, as I really didn't get what was going on there.

Hopefully they'll gain the confidence to portray such scenes more clearly and economically in the future. Just because you know how Miura would do it doesn't mean you can; those are areas they can gain confidence and improve.

Well, it was clear that the sword was going through Griffith, or some projection of Griffith, or where Guts thought he was seeing Griffth... well, I think I've made my point. Would've preferred to see Griffith just effortlessly dodging the Dragon Slayer, but whatevs.

Or that eerie white flash or non-moment when you don't see what happens but everything misses, which, given what we see when Skull Knight tried striking him, was implied to be Femto's physics/reality bending powers. Basically, it could be as simple a trick as he just moved all that shit aside, or more impressively in the latter case grabbed it out of the air, manipulating it from being applied to his head to Ganishka's. In this case his power was mysterious for the wrong reasons though.

The only thing that really bothered me (other than the sword swinging scenes) was Zodd. Zodd's seems super off to me, and seems to have gotten much larger than he normally is. Maybe it's a matter of perspective in the scene or something, but... it's just really off to me.

He looks more like the old, two-horned Zodd: flatter face, more monstrous and less animal-like, etc (maybe why Walter thought it was a 'shop? =). It was a definitely one of the more noticable design changes from his most recent appearances (subtly I thought Puck looked quite different too despite his design not really changing), but still looked like Zodd to me. Of course, it was only one panel, so my guess is, like Guts, we'll see more variation in his design panel to panel in the coming episode(s).

Last edited:
Top Bottom