Favourite Games You’ve Beaten 100%

Mine are:
Berserk (PS2) - got the guitar sword
God of War 1 and 2 - finished
GTA San Andreas - got the Hydra Jet
Hotline Miami - got A+ and all the masks
Okami - that story was so much longer than I expected
Psychonaut (PS2) - awesome storyline and humour
Quake 3 - beat Nightmare mode on every level against the computer by changing the settings to one shot kills haha
Shadow of the Colossus - didn’t climb the centre tower though
Soul Reaver Series - completed the PS2 games

I usually finish a game 100% with a walkthrough because I don’t have the time to find every secret on my own. I have finished some without assistance but that’s only if I’m very bored haha

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, putting aside questions of what that could mean, like maxing out every character, class, item, etc, or playing every difficulty including the lower ones, these are games that had the sort of extraneous content to "100%" and the act or game were meaningful to me (i.e. some games don't have a 100% completion, but you played them enough for 110% =):

Super Mario World
Sam & Max Hit the Road
EarthBound
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Chrono Trigger
Diablo
(including Hellfire expansion =)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Fallout 2
Banjo Kazooie
Sword of Berserk: Guts' Rage
Chrono Cross
Grand Theft Auto III
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
WarioWare, Inc.
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Mega Man 9
Super Mario 3D Land
Diablo III
* (*as of when I stopped playing)
Shovel Knight
Bloodborne
Mortal Kombat 11* (*in progress)
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Honorable mention to Red Dead Redemption 2 because while I didn't do everything in that game it's probably the most extra game-breaking fuckery I've ever done, like exploring the entire out of bounds areas of the map with Arthur, including the entire Southwest, Cuba and Mexico, etc. I even reached some really weird alien-looking landscapes and invisible structures and skyways in the middle of the sea near Cuba, it was like another world. So, while I didn't do every mundane task, I went way above and beyond that.

Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Skyrim

In Dark Souls and Skyrim I don't have 100% achievements however I've done so much in them that I believe I've got 100% out of it. Sekiro and Bloodborne I have platinum trophy in both.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I even reached some really weird alien-looking landscapes and invisible structures and skyways in the middle of the sea near Cuba, it was like another world. So, while I didn't do every mundane task, I went way above and beyond that.
Yea that was crazy. The amount of exploration one can achieve due to the size of the map and the massive structures of the terrain is second to none. I still haven't completed the main story yet because every time I put it on I just want to ride into the mountains and go fishing for something rare on a remote lake while keeping an eye on the giant man eating bear stalking me in the distance.

I was never able to finish Dark Souls or the sequel, I just got too frustrated with it haha

I’ll have to try it again soon.

@VladimirPutin yeah the Xbox achievement trophy lists are really annoying. It became so much harder to 100% a game.

Well, putting aside questions of what that could mean, like maxing out every character, class, item, etc, or playing every difficulty including the lower ones, these are games that had the sort of extraneous content to "100%" and the act or game were meaningful to me (i.e. some games don't have a 100% completion, but you played them enough for 110% =):

Super Mario World
Sam & Max Hit the Road
EarthBound
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Chrono Trigger
Diablo
(including Hellfire expansion =)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Fallout 2
Banjo Kazooie
Sword of Berserk: Guts' Rage
Chrono Cross
Grand Theft Auto III
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
WarioWare, Inc.
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Mega Man 9
Super Mario 3D Land
Diablo III
* (*as of when I stopped playing)
Shovel Knight
Bloodborne
Mortal Kombat 11* (*in progress)
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Honorable mention to Red Dead Redemption 2 because while I didn't do everything in that game it's probably the most extra game-breaking fuckery I've ever done, like exploring the entire out of bounds areas of the map with Arthur, including the entire Southwest, Cuba and Mexico, etc. I even reached some really weird alien-looking landscapes and invisible structures and skyways in the middle of the sea near Cuba, it was like another world. So, while I didn't do every mundane task, I went way above and beyond that.
Nice, I haven’t played most of those games :)

I’ve played the original Final Fantasy VII but I don’t think I got 100% completion; I never beat Emerald Weapon. The Knights of Round materia summon was cool.

I kinda lost interest in the Final Fantasy games when they got rid of the ability to walk and fly around a minimap after FFIX. That game was my second favourite. I never got the Excalibur sword or the Cat Paw Racket card but I got everything else :badbone:

I almost broke my thumb punching a chair in anger while fighting Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (X-Box 360), but I beat the game eventually haha

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just off the top of my head. First two Dark Souls, Lost Odyssey, first two Suikoden games, Diablo 2, the Legacy of Kain games. There’s a bunch of easier ones I’m sure ( all the Halo games) but those are the ones that I was most passionate about.

I’m only really counting games I have a platinum trophy for on my PSN account so here the are

Metal Gear Solid 4 my first platinum trophy I ever got.
Yakuza 3,4,5. 0 and 6 are almost done.
Tekken 6 and 7.
And most recently Ghost of Tsushima.

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Wow, Psycho and Griffith, those are long lists! I played many games but I fear I didn't complete all of them. This is my little list:

Half-Life 1, 2 & Episodes.
Portal 1 & 2.
Halo Combat Evolved.
Mount&Blade: Warband (I think this is the one that really shines in this thread because of the amount of achievements, ways of conquering the world, etc)
Quake II
Dishonored

I completed some games more but they are not in my favourite list. Many of them are games I wanted to kill myself while playing them but I needed to complete them so I could leave them the hell alone for good.

Whew that is a tough one. I'll list as many as I can think of but I'm sure there will be a lot I'm forgetting about. Some of these I think I'll have to specify the "100%" condition I have in mind.

Ocarina of Time + Master Quest
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening DX
A Link to the Past
Link Between Worlds
Super Metroid
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64 + DS
Super Mario World
New Super Mario Bros 2
Star Fox 64 (All medals on Expert)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Black Mesa Source (before they added Xen and twice as many achievements)
Portal
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Nights into Dreams
Sonic R
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon SoulSilver (Max trainer card)
Pokemon Y (Max trainer card)
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Max trainer card)
Doom 3 + Expansions
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Star Wars: Dark Forces

I don't really consider it necessary as far as 100% goes, but RetroAchievements.org is pretty cool if anyone's interested in achievements for old games. I've only done a couple sets, but it definitely adds some nice replay value to games I've already played to death. Hopefully someday they'll start adding DC games and we can get a nice, community made, Sword of the Berserk set. :ganishka:

Fervent Enigma

Loveless
Castlevania: Symphony of The Night
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
The Evil Within
Tekken 5
Bloodborne (somewhat)

My specialty is fighting games.

Hmmm, before I can answer what my favorite game I beat 100% is, I have to figure out which games I did beat 100%. So based on games that had a percentage meter that reached 100% for me, games that I got every trophy on, and games that I other wise know I've done and seen everything in, I believe the list would be...

Final Fantasy VII (completed, seen, and unlocked everything)
Final Fantasy VI (completed, seen, and unlocked everything)
Grand Theft Auto III (got 100%...twice)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City (got 100%...twice)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (got 100%)
Dark Souls (Got all trophies)
Bloodborne (Got all trophies)
Salt and Sanctuary (Got all trophies)
Horizon Zero Dawn (got all trophies)
Valkyria Chronicles IV (got all trophies)
Sonic Adventure (got all emblems)
Sonic Adventure 2 (got all emblems)
Sonic 1 (got all Chaos Emeralds)
Sonic 2 (got all Chaos emeralds)
Sonic 3 and Knuckles (got all Chaos Emeralds and all Super Emeralds with all three characters)
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (completed every mission and captured the whole Deck of 52)
Devil May Cry (beat Dante Must Die mode and unlocked all costumes and such) Never mind, I just remembered you also need to get an S-rank on every mission, which I never achieved.
Chrono Trigger (saw every ending)
Hitman: Silent Assassin (got Silent Assassin ranking on every mission and collected every weapon)
Hitman: Blood Money (got Silent Assassin ranking on every mission and collected every weapon)
War of the Monsters (Beat it with every monster and got every unlockable)
Beyond Good and Evil (Got every pearl and photographed every animal)
Suikoden (got all 108 characters, saw both endings)
Suikoden II (got all characters, saw all endings)
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Unlocked and completed the secret bonus level)
Gex: Enter the Gecko (got every remote and completed every bonus level)
Silhouette Mirage (Completed every path and saw every ending)

I could probably narrow these down to a Top 5 o somethnig, but honestly, I think it would be more interesting to label the games that I had the most fun getting 100% on. The ones that weren't grindy, that never annoyed me or felt like work, or that I even completed without ever intending to...in which case, they would probably be, in no particular order...

Bloodborne
Salt and Sanctuary
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Mercenaries
Chrono Trigger
Hitman: Blood Money

Top Bottom