Forum News & Updates

Should we keep it sectionalized in child boards, or just have one big bulletin board?

• Child Boards

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • One Board

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Vagabond Inn Renovation

Rhombaad said:
I ordered both the volumes. Damn you, Griff!

Muahahaha! And as always, let us know what you think of them. :mushiguts:

Th3Branded0ne said:
And when you buy 14, you better buy them all the way to 20 too :ganishka:

Actually, those volumes break up rather nicely into small groups: 14+15, 16+17, and then 18-20. You could even make do buying 14 and 15 individually, 16+17 together, 18 by itself, and 19+20 as another pair. Though, I recommend the former grouping if possible.

slan69 said:
Why stop at 20 buy them all Rhombaaad. :SK:

Yeah, I did that with Berserk, quite a chunk of change all at once.

Rhombaad said:
Haha, I'll get 'em all eventually. :guts:

That's the spirit, and it's not like there's any rush since there's such a layoff between new volumes now. Let us know if you want any more recommendations on which volumes to order together at a time.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

宮本 グリフィス said:
That's the spirit, and it's not like there's any rush since there's such a layoff between new volumes now. Let us know if you want any more recommendations on which volumes to order together at a time.

Will do! I'll follow your guide above for the next several volumes.

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
Will do! I'll follow your guide above for the next several volumes.

Cool, and while were at it, I might as well group the rest, we can always revise this later: 21+22, 23, 24+25, 26+27, 28, 29, 30, 31+32.
Yes, I'm already tying 32 in and there's not even one episode out yet! :mushilaugh:

slan69 said:
Wise choice listening to Griff. :puck:
That's why he's a VIVIP: Vagabond Inn Very Important Person! :mushiguts:

Actually, I should come up with some silly titles and such for the Vagabond Inn specifically, and change those Beherits if possible. This even happens to be the designated thread to talk about this, so... Wally? Aaz? Care to weigh in?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah it's definitely possible to change the beherits. What would be a good equivalent though?

Griffith

Walter said:
Yeah it's definitely possible to change the beherits. What would be a good equivalent though?

Inshun3.gif
Inshun3.gif
Inshun3.gif
Inshun3.gif
Inshun3.gif
:schnoz:

But seriously, we could use emots, particularly unused ones like Kojiro, or maybe little suns to denote one's invincibility?:mushilaugh:

If all else fails, there's always the old star system.

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
How about some katanas or sloggos? Show your bloodthirst!

Hmmm, this is what my initial research yielded...
katana.gif
Double_Katana_Emoticon_by_violentsamurai.gif
KATANA__D___The_Emoticon_by_StarKirby.gif

and

ninja_babe5.jpg

Avert your innocent eyes, Mushi! :mushihuh: :mushiooh:

slan69 said:
Hahahaha these could make for good Inshun emotes.

Haha, those were Inshun emotes by Wally, but he eventually gave up and turned them into footballs.
Inshun3.gif

slan69 said:
I would still like a Ito emote kind of like the badass emote of SK. :badbone:

Actually, I've thought about that, only I was thinking Ito's would look something like this: :mushiguts: based on his trademark grin.
Specifically the one he's sporting in volume 18 when he says, "We're just observers."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I've changed it to stars for the time being, and also to test if it were possible. It is.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Would making the beherits (or stars) into SD Mushi faces be possible? I don't know if you could get the face small enough to do that, but it's an idea that I had. :mushigrin:

Griffith

Well, here's an attempt at just that, same size as the Beherits:

mushistar.jpg

There's very little difference between those two examples obviously, so tell which "feels" more right for now.​

宮本 グリフィス said:

mushistar.jpg

There's very little difference between those two examples obviously, so tell which "feels" more right for now.​

Actually this is a pretty good idea Rhombaad & Griff. Although I think the higher the post rate for the member there should be a different face of Musashi, like the beherits. What do you guys think?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

宮本 グリフィス said:

mushistar.jpg

The second one definitely feels right to me. :mushigrin:

slan69 said:
Actually this is a pretty good idea Rhombaad & Griff. Although I think the higher the post rate for the member there should be a different face of Musashi, like the beherits. What do you guys think?

That'd be pretty cool. For each additional Mushi, the faces could change.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Rhombaad said:
That'd be pretty cool. For each additional Mushi, the faces could change.
Im afraid that's not an option. It has to be a repeated image.

Griffith

Otherwise admins would definitely have a 5 frame transforming Beherit. :guts:

Hmmmm, I think I'm going to try out some other things like little katanas or Buddha statues.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Walter said:
Im afraid that's not an option. It has to be a repeated image.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that once you move up to the next beherit/mushi/star that all of the icons change. For example, you start out with Mushi sad face, then when you get two icons both change to Mushi tongue, etc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Rhombaad said:
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that once you move up to the next beherit/mushi/star that all of the icons change. For example, you start out with Mushi sad face, then when you get two icons both change to Mushi tongue, etc.
That... actually MAY be possible, now that I think of it. I checked, and it appears I can change the star that's used per usergroup, which would mean I can have a different image when you move up in the ranks. I'll give it a shot tonight.

However, I should note that it's never been attempted, so don't get your hopes up. :mushisad:

Walter said:
However, I should note that it's never been attempted, so don't get your hopes up. :mushisad:

I'll try not to. Goodluck on the attempt and hopefully it will all work out. :mushiguts:

Griffith

katanaemot2.png
katanaemot2.png
katanaemot2.png
katanaemot2.png
katanaemot2.png

A rough gif prototype implemented to the left. Shall I continue down this path?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

宮本 グリフィス said:
A rough gif prototype implemented to the left. Shall I continue down this path?

Make them much smaller, like a cute, chibi version. Admins should get bloody blades. :beast:

Griffith

Went ahead and implemented the smaller prototype, and added Mushi-style handguard... for mods only. :badbone:

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
Looks pretty nice :guts:

I figure we could always keep improving them too, but right now I'm just having too fun messing with mod and admin stars. :mushiguts:

Top Bottom