Gatts: what's his role?

The_Infragable_One

Who drank all the kool-aid?!
Alright ANYONE,
Gatts, does anyone remeber this guy?  ??? You know the character that the series WAS focused on at one time.
I have heard many thoughts on Griffith, all of which, were very enlighting, interesting, and even challenging. BUT, I'd like to know what others think about the "Black Swordsman."
For instance, points on:
1) Gatt's powerful will of survival
2) His love for Caska, before and after her "condition"
3) Skull Knight's eerie and unfinished prediction of Gatts' furture
4) ANYTHING!!!!

From the responses I've read on the last board, I look forward to reading what others have to say.

I look forward to it, and remember  ;), be nice.

P

paradiselost

...well, look at my picture, and try to understand wat I think about Gatts...

;D

...sorry, I was joking!!!!

;)

...however, why don't you try to ask something much more particular about your dear Gatts? In this way, we could try a way to discuss more in particular...why don't?

see you

;)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
...well, look at my picture, and try to understand wat I think about Gatts...

That you want him to gather you up in those strong arms and just kiss you and get it over with? ;D

*grins* ahem...

Seriously, I think that Gatts greatest asset is not the dragonslayer, its his innate stubborness. If he had to I bet eh could fight apostles with nothing more than some rubberbands and a slightly sharpened stick. He is focused, has too little regard for his own safety, and just can't stay down. That may have changed a bit, with Casca's prescence.

I really think that Gatts loves Casca, he don't let too many people close, Griffith and Casca was the only ones, and now with Griffith gone she is even more important to him. In a way she has caused him to become more human, both by being there, and by not being there. She has forced him to come to terms with loyalty, and with the fact that he really needs other people after all. Right now Casca is more important to Gatts than revenge.

As for Skullknight... oh shit, I'm not even going tere, Walther and Griffith are better at those speculations. For he me's just a big guy in cool armor. ;)

P

paradiselost

...ehy, Fishbomb, do you maybe wanna be just in case at the position of Gatts with me, Griffith???

;D

see you...

P

paradiselost

...Gatts role is maybe to be in the future "The Ultimate Strong One"???

...that's a point...

???

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Gatsu is the will to live.
He's my personal idol too. I never had idols before, but I consider him a sort of an inspiration when times are tough.
When I have to endure beating on the trainings, I think of him and go berserk, smashing everything.
I learnes that everything is achievable if you smash it hard enough.
He will destroy, utterly smash and obliterate Griffis with his sword, he'll punish all that oppose him, and once he gets the power, he'll break Zoddo's arse too.
Just talking about it makes me wanna smash something...
THERE!!!, I whacked the waiter that noised around my computer...

P

paradiselost

...ehehhehe...you are a fan of Gatts then...ahahhahha...

I'm a fan of Griffith, then...we maybe have to fight each one?!?!??!???????

::)

White_Hawk

If so, I hope you're not big and strong, but weasely and easily impressed by gratitious display of nunchaku wielding.
Then, we can fight... ;)

Oh yeah, in order to emulate Gatsu, I made nunchake that are 1 meter long each...I finally began walking after the first test run I had with them...
only minor injuries ;D

White_Hawk

Well, many have taken gatsu already, adn besides, I think femto is really important. It decribes me best, een tough inside I'm more gattsy than femty. ;D

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
sort of, i'm much better 1 on 1 (then again, so is everyone)

but one thing that really irks me about mass melee is that you can't fight and look good at the same time...

it's really fun when our school club engages in mass melee, we've got fencers, akido practicers (so what if it's unarmed training), kendo users , god knows what...
trained martial artists (tha'ts us) always get crap beaten out of us cuz we're so used 1 on 1

gosh, i've gotta get people to do a recreation of berserk battles...

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
sort of, i'm much better 1 on 1 (then again, so is everyone)

but one thing that really irks me about mass melee is that you can't fight and look good at the same time...

it's really fun when our school club engages in mass melee, we've got fencers, akido practicers (so what if it's unarmed training), kendo users , god knows what...
trained martial artists (tha'ts us) always get our ass kicked cuz we're so used 1 on 1

gosh, i've gotta get people to do a recreation of berserk battles...

White_Hawk

Well the only mass melee I had is when I fought three guys in the dojo at once. Aside from that, I've hardly seen fights of such scale...even tough, once the US marines came to my city, they had a brawl the first night out. That was really massive...

White_Hawk

Well, some sort of military police came along, and after thrashing the bar they just went back to their ship.

Axelay

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Gatts is the future Ultimate Strong One.He will be like Skullknight, an strange angel. And Zodd follows him to the victory against the God Hand. THIS IS THE THINKING OF THE IDEA >:( . In the begining of times the Idea dream the world, their rules and conflicts. He dream a liberation by the hand of somebody (Gatts).
The hand of God is an instrument, it will be down and destroyed by Gatts and Skullknight or Zodd...

P

paradiselost

...listen, Axelay...

...your idea it seems to me really fascinating, but for the moment it's only a your speculation...

...we'll have to wait and see...

;)

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I simply thinks his role in the whole story is to take the world out of the dark age unintentionally, which his actual intention is to get it all sorted out with Femto/Griffith, hitting two birds with one stone in the story...

I don't know, but I really wonder if caska will die as one of the climax of plot.

Top Bottom