George Carlin is dead

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
George Carlin has died.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/06/62841/index.html
George Carlin has died from heart failure. The man who made famous the "seven words you can never say on television" passed away at 5:55 p.m. Sunday at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica, his longtime publicist said. He was 71.

Carlin, who has had several heart attacks and a history of cardiac issues, went into the hospital this afternoon after complaining of heart problems.

Carlin has more than 20 comedy albums, 14 HBO specials, numerous TV and movie roles, and three best-selling books to his credit. Last year, he celebrated his 50th year in show business, and he had just finished his last HBO special in March, "It's Bad for Ya."
I swear to God I actually dreamed this happened a few days ago... It's too bad, but he's lived a long, successful life in my opinion. Cheers, George.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Holy shit, this hurts, and I was just watching him on youtube last night. Weird, seeing the thread on the main board, I immediately knew, but still in the split second after I clicked I hoped it was just the name of a new special or something. Rest in peace, Carlin.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd clicked an older YouTube link from the thread a few days ago. Must have spawned that dream...

For me, this only begins to get depressing when you consider who's left standing on the stand-up stage to take his place as King Comedy. Asscocks like Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia are circling his corpse even now. But a new challenger will arrive in CHRIS ROCK. But that lazy fuck hasn't done shit in years.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Same here, I can't say it depresses me though, this obviously isn't a shocking death. I mean, the last two specials I was already thinking, "This could be his last..." but still, I was secretly hoping he'd go on forever until he was basically a ranting skeleton on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
This is bitter news to start my day with. Now who is going to defend sanity in America?

Oburi

All praise Grail
O man, this is sad. R.I.P George. America has lost one of it's greatest citizens. On the bright side, we'll now get a surge of Carlin documentaries, biography's and repeats of his stand up for a while. It would do everyone some good to review his material at this time.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I heard about this on the radio this morning. It's really sad news. I was just talking about him with my parents last night while we were at dinner, too. R.I.P.

When i heard this yesterday morning on the radio it just kind of ruined my day because he has always been my favorite comedian. I'm just really glad i got to see him live once before he died.

R.I.P. George

X

Xem

One of my favorite possessions is the DVD "You're all diseased!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU

The comments to that video are comedy in their own right.

Cheers George!

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I was away when it happened. It is truely a loss for the world. First Chris Farley, then Charley Murphy...everyone funny is dying. Why can't someone like Eddie Murphy or Steve Harvey die instead?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Bill Hicks
Mitch Hedburg
George Carlin

I lost my favorite comedian to hate.

That list makes my heart sink.. at least Carlin had a good innings. Hicks...... not so much.

Top Bottom