Good completed seinen fantasy mangas to read while waiting Berserk's new chapters

Hello Everyone,
Berserk is most important fiction for me, I completed every published chapters of it only in a week. It made me a fan of fantasy fiction, I read Tolkien's Silmarillion, Hobbit and LOTR after finishing those chapters, maybe I won't read or watch non-fantasy fiction in my life as an effect of Berserk. Do you know any completed seinen fantasy mangas to read while waiting Berserk's new chapters?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Berserk is most important fiction for me, I completed every published chapters of it only in a week.
Oh my goodness! If you haven't already, I would definitely re-read Berserk a few times, in slow motion. :slan: Edit: Did you also know that you can buy the Berserk manga online for only $4 a pop nowadays? It's a great way to support the series without having to invest in physical books, if that's not your bag.

I don't read much manga, to be honest, and few things that have ever come close to Berserk. Here are a few fantasy series in particular that I can personally recommend off the top of my head:

1. Blade of the Immortal/Mugen no Juunin
2. Dorohedoro
3. Claymore
4. Goblin Slayer - note: only seen the anime, and there are some disturbing rape scenes that are not depicted with much care. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Sci-fi would have a list all its own!

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to the community!

Aside from Grail's recommendations, which are also good, if you're willing to temporarily set aside your newly discovered love for fantasy, I would recommend Kokou no Hito (The Climber) and Naoki Urasawa's Monster. They aren't Tolkienesque fantasy works, but they're some of the best seinen manga series that come to mind. If you like the in-depth study of characters and human nature found in Berserk, you are sure to like these ones as well.

Yeah I mean there are a lot of great seinen manga I could list but no real great fantasy manga like berserk come to mind. Gantz is a pretty enjoyable series that has comparable action scenes and violence but is sci-fi and the art is digital. Vinland Saga and Vagabond come to mind as two other great action packed manga with historical settings, and are almost always recommended to people who have completed berserk. Of the series I listed though, only Gantz is complete and had a pretty rushed and unanimously disliked ending despite how enjoyable the series was initially.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
4. Goblin Slayer - note: only seen the anime, and there are some disturbing rape scenes that are not depicted with much care. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.
But that's completed like the '97 Anime of Berserk is completed.

BTW:
Lone Wolf and Cub
2001 Nights
Planetes
Trigun/Trigun Maximum

And for the category:"Seinen that are Shounen 'cause Seinen Magazines didn't exist yet":
Hi no Tori
Devilman
The Stories of Three Adolfs
...well, a lot of Tezuka, actually.

I’m quite fond of Naoki Urasawa’s works myself. 20th Century Boys, while not strictly fantasy, is a really fun, completed seinen manga. Ditto with Monster and Pluto (soon-to-be anime). What’s nice is that most of his works are somewhat short. Pluto is 8 volumes for example.

Edit: Parasyte is a great sci-fi seinen manga (8 volumes in the US, 10 in Japan) if that’s up your alley as well.

Hello again guys,
Thank you for your recommendations, I completed Claymore one hour ago. It was absolutely perfect! So mature, so serious, so tragedic. I fell in love to Commander Miria <3 I do not speak more than this about it because do not want to give spoilers, read this ;)
I am plannig to read Blade of the Immortal or Tokyo Ghoul, (after them I will read Earthsea Fantasy Novel series by Ursula K. Le Guin) also I want to buy a Berserk figure but Amazon's transit pay is so huge(I live in Turkey) ebay is impossible for me(because paypal is illegal in my country) Aliexpress' bootleg Berserk figure is too ugly. I am searching a website that can send to my country. Thanks for everything! @Grail There are offical Berserk printed Volumes in my Language per Volume is 15 Turkish Lira(2.63 Dollar)

Last edited:
Top Bottom