Good Vagabond translation sites

Kagami

Goo!
Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that had Vagabond translations as good as the translations are around here. Any info would be keen as a bean.

Kagami

Goo!
I got half of them in English, and the other half were given to me by my brother from his trip to japan. I don't want him to feel like his presents were a waste of time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
I got half of them in English, and the other half were given to me by my brother from his trip to japan. I don't want him to feel like his presents were a waste of time.

Hmm, can't help you on this then, sorry. :(

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aside from learning how to read Hiragana... you're pretty much out of options. You could always buy the Viz manga and keep them concealed from your brother.. meh, ask him if he'd be offended first?

Edit: What is the romanized spelling of Vagabond? I'm searching for it at Kinokuniya Bookweb and all I am getting are the Viz releases...

its not really related to the title.

just wondering if you guys know about the color(not black/white) version of vagabond?

unlike many jap manga that are black/white color only(not counting those fan arts, episode headers or special occasions), vagabond has an official color version (every single pages!) but its HK edition and its no longer available after episode 160 or so due to copyright issue. I still remember when Inoue Takehiko went to HK comic book festival several years ago, he was kinda shocked when HKComic(HK publisher of vegabond) showed him the color version. after reading several pages, he said to the media "im satisfied with this color version, whoever gave this comic color did a decent job on it"

here are some pics on the color ver. in case u r interested.

8caf8-IMGP4604.JPG

af167-IMGP4605.JPG

cf39c-IMGP4607.JPG

52048-IMGP4608.JPG

7afaa-IMGP4609.JPG

f3fa3-IMGP4611.JPG

44202-IMGP4612.JPG

2b262-IMGP4617.JPG

a077f-IMGP4619.JPG

6781e-IMGP4621.JPG

ce563-IMGP4624.JPG

0215e-IMGP4627.JPG

7d66f-IMGP4630.JPG

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really not impressed with this coloration from what is shown here. There are better ones on this site IMO.

Aazealh said:
I'm really not impressed with this coloration from what is shown here. There are better ones on this site IMO.

hi aaz, really? may be i should check them out.
the pics from above are abit light in color due to the flash from cam, the color should be much richer.
i actually think they did a pretty decent job on the color considering the work it takes to color the manga rather than a piece of artwork.

Top Bottom