Grail makes doodlies?!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Shame on YOU for not enforcing nipples on Slan. :miura:
Shame on YOU for being a nipple-Nazi! I demand to express boobage in the manner I deem fit.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Evening everybody!

As promised earlier, here's a bit of Berserk art I've been doing on the side (click for the full-sized image):

"Sacrifice"​

This is still very much a work in progress, so some fresh perspectives would be a big help.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Grail said:
Maybe I'll draw you some nipples for Christmas.
DAMN, I'M LATE! Now I can't be the first to comment on how you just purposefully sexually frustrated Bob. Ah, well. Great job Grail, one of your best works so far, imo.

Yay for comic conclusion <3
I love the concept for the Casca painting. I also love how you did her hair, eyes, lips, and skin. Also the swoooord (I actually like how that sword looks over the Dragonslayer, alas). As far as critiques, I'm going to say I think the tip of her nose should be a bit rounder or something... it just doesn't look like Casca's nose. Or maybe it's that it's too long (it's probably the shiny on the top of it that gives it the "too-sharp" look?) Also, maybe her torso's a bit too skinny towards the bottom (although that might just be a style thing) but otherwise it's lovely.

I'm sure you do this already, but to give -yourself- a sort of fresh eyes look at your drawings, try flipping the pic horizontally in Photoshop/whatever you use. I feel like it helps me anyway :casca:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Thanks for the thoughtful critique, Spiney. I have been having some trouble with Casca's nose and chin, so I'll continue to work on that.

As for her waist, I was pretty happy with how that turned out, actually. I might use that flipping trick you mentioned to double check things, though, good idea!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Well, school's almost starting, and this happened to be a last-ditch effort for me to deny the inevitable. I might draw a few more characters in this style, it was surprisingly relaxing! 8}

Apologies for the double post. :judo: I'm so ashamed.

Grail said:
Hallo everyone. As many of you know, Grail goes to school. Grail takes notes. And when there are notes, there is an unbearable, agonizing boredom that tears at Grail's heart. When this occurs, Grail makes doodlies.

ENJOY PLX :troll:

Notepage scans one, two, and three!

This is mostly just to get the ball rolling... I'm hoping to set aside time to make some real stuff in the future. :void:

I love your artwork, Grail! Keep up the great work! Btw, are those notes for Business & Economics Math? :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Thanks guys! I'm working on a Guts picture right now, which isn't going as smoothly as Griffith did... I ended up saving the botched attempts, since they look so ridiculous that I think you'll all get a kick out of them. :void:

And Gaucho, you're quite right! I ended up getting a C+ in that class, unfortunately... probably because I was doodling Berserk characters instead of paying attention to the examples. :guts:

Grail said:
And Gaucho, you're quite right! I ended up getting a C+ in that class, unfortunately... probably because I was doodling Berserk characters instead of paying attention to the examples. :guts:

Hey, you did a lot better than I did, bro. I had a 4.0 GPA going into that class, got a D+ (69.6), and now I have a 3.7 GPA or something. :judo:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I am only sad I didn't find this golden thread till today. Really, freakin' funny. I laughed out loud several times. I love the expressions on skull knights face, I mean, he shouldn't really have an expression, but it works. :SK: I also really dig your most recent picture of Griffith. Interesting style. Maybe you should develop upon it.

Nice job on the painting. Assuming it's a wip, but here's some thoughts: The sternocleidomastoid, The most prominent muscle in the neck seems off. These muscles are identical on either side and both flow along the neck, down in-between a notch created by the clavicle meeting upon the sternum. (Feel your throat and how those muscles meet your chest for reference, or look in the mirror) on your painting they seem to stem off to both sides of this dip.

Your shoulders seem high and un-natural, primarily because the clavicle is flowing into the middle of them where is should curve slightly up and meet its high point at the acromion on top the shoulder, where it then curves down and into the shoulder blade. Forgive me misc google result. See here for ref.

http://www.eorthopod.com/images/ContentImages/shoulder/shoulder_arthroplasty/shoulder_arthroplasty_anatomy01.jpg

The nose seems a little elongated, although I do recognize it's stylized. The hand looks a little large I think, although this is kind of an illusion created by her hand positioning. She's spreading her fingers apart across her sword at a wide angle, and in doing so it makes the hand look bigger than it really is. The fingers, when relaxed tend to curve inward toward the palm and are closer to each-other. Also, you have your light source coming from the left in this picture, as if she's being illuminated by a torch or candle. It looks good. Her forearm looks like it's detached because you have a dark shadow running all the way across it to the elbow. Also keep in mind that a warm light source is going to create cool shadows, so hit her darks with a little bit of moonlight blue to really make her pop.

That being said, I think it's lovely. Keep going. Good artists to reference: Andrew Loomis, George B. Bridgeman. I hope this post helps you! They are minor critiques in the overall scope of things.

Peace to your mother.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Hey Aphasia, thanks a ton for such detailed constructive criticism! :casca: I can tell you that the more I looked at that one, the more obvious the anatomical errors were, so I think I'll start a new version from scratch with your pointers in mind. I've also taken a life drawing class in the year that I've failed to update this thread ( :farnese: ), so I think the understanding I've gained regarding bone/muscle placement and proportions will make my job a bit easier there.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback guys. I realized that I've drawn a lot of fanart (both finished and unfinished) that hasn't been posted here yet, so I'm currently going through my folder and picking out a pretty wide variety of stuff, going back as far as two years. Time flies! :isidro:

In the meantime, I fiiiinally finished another page for that Skully n' Waffles comic that I was making for the comic contest earlier this year. For those that want a refresher, here's the series thus far:

Pages 1, 2, 3, 4.

And here's the new addition! Poor Skully. :judo:

Top Bottom