Griffith: The Battle for Doldrey 1/10 Scale Limited Version 1&2 - Dec 2014

new statue from AOW on december 11 , is it griffit horseriding? it would be dissapointing

image021_zps3a3550ee.jpg

Am I wrong to think AOW previously already had a Griffith on horse? heh......good thing I don't buy Griffith statues in general. Doesn't look bad though......just seems very similar to the one made before....rock base and all....

sensui said:
Am I wrong to think AOW previously already had a Griffith on horse? heh......good thing I don't buy Griffith statues in general. Doesn't look bad though......just seems very similar to the one made before....rock base and all....

yes there is one statue in 1/15 and one kit in 1/10 these is basically thesame with litter changes, its dissapointing they are releasing something very similar to something they released in the past andthey say its a new product

This is the same old statue, they just selling something from their warehouse. Only a little repaint, and now there is also Guts on horse - if you looking for him, one is for sale now in this forum.
I'm glad that they selling old statues sometimes, a very nice opportunity for newcomers.

Yeah look similar to this one (http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/212)
20140527_db486d.jpg

But its fine tuned and looks better now

New pictures are up
1209griffith.jpg

[ART OF WAR · latest]  
"Griffith Me On" (Dorudorei capture game) 1/10 scale December 11 (Thursday) noon 12:00 finally reservation start!

Height only about 56 centimeters of big scale ART garage kit that was produced in OF WAR founding period, 1/10 is the finished product of
renewal was not "Griffith Me On" is as new.
Improvement, and modeling that has been brushed up, will be released in a completely new color. Limited I [Limited 55 bodies] sale price: 100,000 yen (excluding tax) Special comes with mini-figures with limited II [Limited 25 bodies] selling price: 95,000 yen (tax not included) Size: Height 56 × 24 × horizontal back 30 (about cm) release: February 2015 schedule

Source: http://www.art-of-war.jp/news#whatnew_data6
Pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.674784015976027.1073741877.364823146972117&type=1

Griffith: The Battle for Doldrey 1/10 Scale Limited Version 1&2
10 Dec 2014

ART OF WAR 2014 Last Release!!
Pre-order will start at December 11th, 12:00 JPT

Griffith: The Battle for Doldrey 1/10 Scale Limited Version 1&2

View clear pictures on our Facebook page
Click Here

Versions & Options:
Limited Version 1 *with Muffler Puck petit figure attached
Unit Price: 100,000 JPY

Limited Version 2 *without attachment
Unit Price: 95,000 JPY

Special Option: Red Mantle special edition.
Extra Price: 10,000 JPY
*5000 Extra Points Return for full payment before December 20th.

Estimated Delivery Date: February, 2015
Full Size: W 24cm x D 30 cm H 56cm

Materials
Polystone, PU & special poly in some parts to enhance elasticity.

Serial Number
Version 1: No.1-No.55
Version 2: No.56-No.80

© Kentarou Miura (studio GAGA)/ Hakusensha

Wonder if the height includes the tip of the sword or the horse's head.

Guts On Horse (Doldrey) was about 60,000 Yen.
Griffith On Horse (Doldrey) is 100,000 Yen.

You're essentially paying 40,000 yen for that 12-15 cm base. No thank you AOW :rickert:

IncantatioN said:
You're essentially paying 40,000 yen for that 12-15 cm base. No thank you AOW :rickert:
He should be much heavier, for scale figures you have to pay for amount of pvc/resin/polystone used in crafting.

Hah, nice price, AoW. Unfortunately, it will sell out like they all do. At least I can rest easy knowing they're not getting any more of my money

Drakull said:
yes uninspired and too pricy but I ve been waiting for this 1/10e for years ...

i wouldnt say uninspiring its a very nice statue, but its not something new like they are saying , in my opinion they shouldnt have released it, because this is going devaluate the first 1 10 kit, and something completely new would be much better

hubalo said:
i wouldnt say uninspiring its a very nice statue, but its not something new like they are saying , in my opinion they shouldnt have released it, because this is going devaluate the first 1 10 kit, and something completely new would be much better

I don't think they have the capabilities to release new sculpts in competitive prices. Once Max Factory, figma and others take hold on Berserk, AoW will have a rough time keeping up...

Sankari said:
I don't think they have the capabilities to release new sculpts in competitive prices. Once Max Factory, figma and others take hold on Berserk, AoW will have a rough time keeping up...
As far as I know, only Good Smile Company have license (figma and max factory are affiliated manufacturers). They trying make a polystone release and prototypes looks great, but with a big companies you can see prototypes for years - for example, they showed Bruce Lee figma 2 years and now there is not even a tentative date of release :puck:

Sankari said:

what i dont get is why they cant ?? i supposse its because they release such low numbers they cant get good prices for their material and with time are getting lower and lower, or they simply have terrible material providers, idont see any other explanation, because they are the onlycompany with those prices, they do for sure great things but they do mediocre things too and everything is expensive

hubalo said:
what i dont get is why they cant ?? i supposse its because they release such low numbers they cant get good prices for their material and with time are getting lower and lower, or they simply have terrible material providers, idont see any other explanation, because they are the onlycompany with those prices, they do for sure great things but they do mediocre things too and everything is expensive
I'm not sure how polystone production going but statues made from it are not cheap no matter who made it. For example, GSC titan statue from Shingeki priced around 65.000 JPY which is average Art of War product. Speaking of paint jobs majority of collectors would agree - their painting overpriced - but again, newer releases getting better and better in terms of painting.

rayhato said:
I'm not sure how polystone production going but statues made from it are not cheap no matter who made it. For example, GSC titan statue from Shingeki priced around 65.000 JPY which is average Art of War product. Speaking of paint jobs majority of collectors would agree - their painting overpriced - but again, newer releases getting better and better in terms of painting.

Other companies are around 45,000-65,000 yen, AOW are around 95,000-110,000, big gap there. But as been said before it's not just their statues, any merchandise from AOW like rings, panels, toys, everything is overpriced. Their prices made more sense at the beginning of the company.

Top Bottom