Guess the Vol 38 cover game

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
So with the return of a monthly release of our favorite series aka Berserk, the completion of volume 38 is almost (almost) around the corner. With what we know already of the content, who will guess what the new cover for the volume will be?

We are gonna have a volume mostly happening in Falconia, so I'm taking a chance to say that it's gonna have something based on that. I would really like to have a cover à la volume 23. A nice little composition of elements from Falconia with Rickert and Erika on it maybe? They deserve imo to have a cover. I would not mind to see Rakshas on it also. (Unless we see the elf island by the end of the volume, that might be the cover, but my money is on my first guess)

So what do you guys and gals think about that! Guess the cover, let's play!

Falconia as the background. Griffith, Locus, and Rakshas as large headshots, and in front Rickert, Silat, and the Tapasa in the ruins. :ubik:

jackson_hurley

Walter said:
What I expect: Another shot of Guts killing a random creature. :puck:

I'm not too sure about that. Remember volume 34 was mostly Griffith's point of view with what, one or two pages, that we saw Guts, and that cover was Femto and Zodd on it, both being on top of Ganishka "tower". So I think there is a possibility of having a Falconia cover. That is, imo depending on what the rest of the volume contains. Now I know Miura don't base is episode on how they will be publish in a volume, so I might be wrong, but I was looking at the recent covers and they often have an illustration that fits the content of the volume.

Walter said:

Haaaa yeah that one! How could I forget too! Something like that would make me happy!

A throwback to the Volume 9 cover would be cool.
http://i.imgur.com/K9RVIMY.jpg
This time with Silat in the foreground, Rakshas(possibly in transformed state) in the middleground and the Tapasa in the background.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
:guts: :guts: :guts: It's gonna be GUTS, BABY! :guts: :guts: :guts:

In all seriousness, I would love a painting of Falconia. Maybe Griffith in the foreground but that's optional.

Squiddot

The Falcon needs you. You don't need him!
I think if we see Guts even once by the end of the volume, that will be enough to justify a Guts cover. I would love if it was something Elfhelm-set and relaxed, like Guts and Casca sitting solemnly in a forest, kinda like volume 14. If not that, then Rickert seems like a pretty good guess, though from memory Miura has only ever done one cover that didn't include either Guts or Griffith (Volume 20), its definitely out of the ordinary, but this volume so far has been a little different anyway.

I can't actually really see a Griffith cover happening because all of his appearances have been as a character Rickert meets during his own little arc, it's different from the other volumes with him gracing the covers considering they were following his journey very closely.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I could see it being Silat and the tapasa battling Rakshas, but it's hard to guess when the rest of the episodes haven't been released.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I think it will have to feature Falconia in some way. Maybe a nice wide shot, with Rickert and some of the apostles. Locus, Rakshas, Irvine...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I expect it to feature Rickert and Falconia. A composition of characters akin to volume 23 or 25's covers? Why not. It could have Griffith, Erika, Rakshas... It's hard to make those work, though.

jackson_hurley

Rhombaad said:
I could see it being Silat and the tapasa battling Rakshas, but it's hard to guess when the rest of the episodes haven't been released.

This's why I called it "Guess the cover." It's a good challenge considering we still have missing episode to try and guess it! An apple to the one who wins! :guts:

jackson_hurley

With one episode left to conclude volume 38 and with what we know of it already, it's to bring this up again! New takes! New ideas! New cover! What is it gonna be?

Rickshas cover! (I hope)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jackson_hurley said:
With one episode left to conclude volume 38 and with what we know of it already, it's to bring this up again! New takes! New ideas! New cover! What is it gonna be?

Rickshas cover! (I hope)

A Rakshas cover would be cool, but I think it's going to feature Griffith and Rickert.

jackson_hurley

Rhomby said:
A Rakshas cover would be cool, but I think it's going to feature Griffith and Rickert.

Yeah a Rakshas cover would be great but not as great as a Rickert/Rakshas cover.

But I wouldn't mind a close up of that : :rickert: as a cover either. :carcus:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I think it would be cool to have an aerial cover with Garuda(s) flying around with some of our heroes on their backs. But of course, that would probably be too revealing for a cover. I'm actually hoping for something with Silat and the Tapasa because it's been so long since Silat has graced a cover and I think he deserve's some spotlight now. I also wouldn't mind having Locus on the cover either.

jackson_hurley

Oburi said:
I think it would be cool to have an aerial cover with Garuda(s) flying around with some of our heroes on their backs. But of course, that would probably be too revealing for a cover. I'm actually hoping for something with Silat and the Tapasa because it's been so long since Silat has graced a cover and I think he deserves some spotlight now. I also wouldn't mind having Locus on the cover either.

I agree with you that Silat and the Tapasa deserve the spotlight for that one. But i don't that it'd be that much of a problem for showing the Garudas flying. Again when we think about volume 34 it's a big reveal to put Femto imo on that cover. it could be done in a fashion that does not show too much, like far way in the background with Falconia in the front or something like that.

With the arrival of Elfhelm, I can imagine casca will be on the cover. Whether her memory/sanity is restored or not. Because when they find the answer, shit will go down.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
seabeds said:
With the arrival of Elfhelm, I can imagine casca will be on the cover. Whether her memory/sanity is restored or not. Because when they find the answer, shit will go down.

We've only seen Casca in flashbacks during this volume. And they aren't at Elfhelm yet, even though they could arrive on Skellig in the next episode.

Good ideas guys! Can't think of much to contribute ... maybe Silat, the Tapasa and Rickert fighting off Rakshas with Falconia in the backdrop like Vol 18 ... although, Ricket meeting Griffith after Hill Of Swords was huge, so I feel something with Rickert, Griffith kinda big with Silat, Tapasa, Erika, Luka, Rakshas placed in the background with Falconia as a backdrop maybe (too busy looking?) ... or Griffith standing atop a pillar overlooking Falconia with having Rickert's and Erika's faces on the side of the cover.

Walter said:

I forgot about that one :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I totally forgot about this:

griff-preview335.jpg

In the thumbnail image for Miura's recent comments, there's a (very) small portion of what looks to be a new painting of Griffith. It's just a guess, but it could be him manipulating the souls from Ep 335, like in this page:

griff-preview.jpg

So, that's my new bet for the cover! :daiba:

Top Bottom